QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I especially love this shot.

QMX-Star-Trek-Sulu-004~01.jpg

I'm a bigger Sulu fan than Scotty and McCoy so when this one goes up at sideshow I'm pulling the trigger. Imnkicking myself for not jumping on Scotty quicker.

Nanjin I'm not sure what you and QMX did exactly but you appear to have saved this line. You have galvanized the fans with this one two punch. If Uhura goes up suddenly in 2 weeks ill faint lol

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

I'd be impressed if they put the last two up in the next 2 weeks. Surely I'm not the only one eager for something post TOS?
Yeah. I'm ready for a new TNG reveal or 7 of 9 or something too.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Craving something Voyager this week. I heard the Doctor is in development bit honestly I'd buy them all. Especially Chakotay. Loved his character.

Big time. We have to wait for Uhura and Chekov to go up first. I want this:
View attachment 445391

I'm assuming Riker having 4 rank pips is just due to using the Picard ones for display at the proto stage?...

Anyways, that's a super fast turnaround between Scotty and Sulu! Perhaps a little too fast for my budget (one per month would be good), but better than year long gaps.

My god it's full of stars......

Great story and pics!
Out of curiosity, that Enterprise on the background....? QMx too?

Thanks,
m.

I looked back. They revealed Scotty back in October of last year. Over 4 months ago. This one I hope doesn't take that long to ship

Ordered a second Captain’s Chair, at that price, how could I not.

Also ordered TOS Khan, it’s too nice not to have. I have a feeling that he’s going to sell out everywhere pretty soon, and then in two years he’s going to be going for some astronomical price the way that Kirk and Spock are now. But I collect to keep, not for investment purposes.

After some thought, I really am starting to believe that this is the best 1/6th line that is out there. There are lots of great lines from Hot Toys and other companies, but these absolutely require no altering and or no customizations of any form. They are pretty much perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are pretty simple figures, too. That's why the manufacturers has a clearer path to nail them.

I really wish that QMx revealed just how many figures they sold in this line. That would really reveal just how many 1/6 trekkies are out there, and how much in terms of sales does it take to keep a line financially sustainablem, considering that there are no movies or TV series supporting these figures (no, I don't think Beyond or Discovery does not support TOS/TWOK/TMP/TNG fig sales: not the same kind of fans, at all).

RfC
m.

So, having gotten a bit behind on this thread, I was startled to learn that Scotty is suddenly pretty much sold out everywhere. I put myself on a couple of waitlists, but I see Amazon still has him up for pre-order, for arrival at the end of April. Of course, I jumped on that. Anyone have any experience as to whether they'll fulfill it?

On the plus side, thanks to superdoug in this thread, I managed to order a Captain's Chair from ThinkGeek, so that's pretty awesome.

Although not thrilled with getting Sulu and would rather have other Trek series figures I will buy him to support the rebirth of this superb line..

Has anybody who pre-ordered Scotty through BBTS gotten a notice or their figure yet? I'm chomping at the bit hoping I get Scotty before I order Sulu.
I'm really excited to see how Uhura turns out.

Has anybody who pre-ordered Scotty through BBTS gotten a notice or their figure yet? I'm chomping at the bit hoping I get Scotty before I order Sulu.
I'm really excited to see how Uhura turns out.

Sideshow hasn't even started shipping yet. I believe that only those who ordered directly through QMX received or in the process of receiving their figures...

Back