QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing work Nanjin, I know this is a long stretch and you have awesome things planned for the Star Trek series, but one day. I would love to see Captain Kirk in his Star Trek Generations look, with the red vest and Scotty from the Star Trek V-VI and his Star Trek Next Generation Relics look with his black vest. I know this probably won't happen, but it's been a dream to see real Star Trek 1/6 figures and what you have done is absolutely wonderful. Thank you for your incredible work!

Ok, finally ordered Scotty before it sold out everywhere. I went back and forth on it for awhile, since the sculpt still feels much more like a caricature to me than a realistic portrait, but Sulu was looking really good and I was already dead-set on getting Uhura, so it just seemed like it would be weird not to have Scotty in there as well. :D

Think I might try to scratchbuild some kind of engineering tool for him to hold, like maybe whatever this thing was:

thedoomsdaymachinehd0747.jpg

If Chekov is getting shoved back and delayed due to nanjin not liking the character then I can't help but feel a lot less inclined to pick up Sulu and Uhura, let alone Chapel or any other TOS characters. :(

If Chekov is getting shoved back and delayed due to nanjin not liking the character then I can't help but feel a lot less inclined to pick up Sulu and Uhura, let alone Chapel or any other TOS characters. :(
Yeah, I just read that as other figures will interrupt the flow before his release. It's fine though, just pretend you're in season one!

I guess everyone else is just a lot more optimistic than I am. Nanjin makes great figures that I am very glad to own, he's very enthusiastic and passionate and that's a great thing, and it is very welcome that Scotty seems to be selling so well, and that Sulu is seemingly coming very close behind. But grand plans and harsh reality aren't the same thing, so as much as I hope nanjin is right about everything, I'm personally just not one to count my chickens.

If we get to the end of the year and everything has panned out as stated, and everything is still going strong, then I'll gladly eat my words, with a big old sigh of relief on the side, and as a lifelong Trek fan I truly hope that turns out to be the case, but right now I can't get too excited, or put too much faith in seeing anything beyond the next release or two as they happen. I mean it wasn't that long ago that nanjin was seemingly on the verge of quitting and walking away completely. And regardless of the reasons, McCoy, Picard, and Khan don't seem to have done as well as hoped upon release. So while I love the dream, I'm not yet sold on the reality of the long term future and sustainability of the Star Trek line as a whole, particularly once it starts to fracture into various different directions. So, to me, because of all of that, to have to wait until too many other characters from other Trek shows and movies get made first very much feels like risking never getting Chekov at all. And that would make me quite sad, personally.

Again, I hope to be proven totally wrong, but I guess we'll see...

I could have give you lots of bull ****s with all the righteousness motives but I am not going to lie.

I am making what I like and I like them all! (even the TOS pilot crew. I think I am not a Trek zealot if I dont put any weight on them) [emoji1] except one dude. I said this 10 years ago and I still dont like him, Chekov. I really dont know why. Dont worry, he will show up, but late.

2020 and onward, the ball will be thrown onto your hands. The market (fans) will determine their existence.

I myself want to do some complicated characters (I like to hit walls), like some Chang, Locutus, Kruge, Sela, TOS/DSC/TNG Spacesuits, DSC, Serak's twin Romulan brother, the Queen and the Q, Andrea, of course Nurce Chapel. [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Yes i love the thought of 1/5 klingons!!!

I think the fact that Chekov is the only character to have not been introduced until season 2 makes it entirely justifiable for Nanjin to release Rand and Chapel before him, as both were in season 1, and then revisit Chekov at a later time.

Ok, finally ordered Scotty before it sold out everywhere. I went back and forth on it for awhile, since the sculpt still feels much more like a caricature to me than a realistic portrait, but Sulu was looking really good and I was already dead-set on getting Uhura, so it just seemed like it would be weird not to have Scotty in there as well. :D

Think I might try to scratchbuild some kind of engineering tool for him to hold, like maybe whatever this thing was:

View attachment 444510

I am trying to find a picture of this device which is not at an angle or covered by a hand of something so I can use that picture to create a STL model in 3Dwarehouse so I attempt to 3D print one in 1/6 scale. If someone finds that picture please let me know

I think the fact that Chekov is the only character to have not been introduced until season 2 makes it entirely justifiable for Nanjin to release Rand and Chapel before him, as both were in season 1, and then revisit Chekov at a later time.

But who is going to sit at my navigation station?

While I would more than likely buy both, do you honestly think that two characters who weren't even considered important enough to make the jump to the movies, beyond the occasional very brief cameo, who weren't deemed important enough to recast and feature in the Star Trek Reboot, and who between them weren't in as many episodes (Chekov was in 36 episodes, Chapel was in 26, and Rand unfortunately was only in 8 during the first season), will sell better and be healthier for the future of the line than a character who also featured prominently in the first seven Star Trek movies, who was prominently featured in promo material from the time he joined onwards, and whose name is actually far more recognizable to the general public at large? To me that's like making transporter chief Kyle before Scotty. Just seems crazy to put such an important character at risk of not getting made, to make way for a pair of generally less favoured and more niche appeal characters first. And that's even putting aside my personal suspicion that 1/6 Trek isn't healthy enough to go too far beyond the obvious candidates, regardless of recent enthusiasm levels, at least at this point in time, anyway.

But to each their own, and enough of my yammering on. Like everyone else on this side of the collecting fence I'm just a customer, so it doesn't much matter what I think about such things anyway. At the end of the day what gets offered is what gets offered, and the only real say any of us get is whether to buy, or not, accordingly. In the meantime, just have to wait and see how it all shakes out, I guess. :)

While I would more than likely buy both, do you honestly think that two characters who weren't even considered important enough to make the jump to the movies, beyond the occasional very brief cameo, who weren't deemed important enough to recast and feature in the Star Trek Reboot, and who between them weren't in as many episodes (Chekov was in 36 episodes, Chapel was in 26, and Rand unfortunately was only in 8 during the first season), will sell better and be healthier for the future of the line than a character who also featured prominently in the first seven Star Trek movies, who was prominently featured in promo material from the time he joined onwards, and whose name is actually far more recognizable to the general public at large? To me that's like making transporter chief Kyle before Scotty. Just seems crazy to put such an important character at risk of not getting made, to make way for a pair of generally less favoured and more niche appeal characters first. And that's even putting aside my personal suspicion that 1/6 Trek isn't healthy enough to go too far beyond the obvious candidates, regardless of recent enthusiasm levels, at least at this point in time, anyway.

But to each their own, and enough of my yammering on. Like everyone else on this side of the collecting fence I'm just a customer, so it doesn't much matter what I think about such things anyway. At the end of the day what gets offered is what gets offered, and the only real say any of us get is whether to buy, or not, accordingly. In the meantime, just have to wait and see how it all shakes out, I guess. :)

No I actually think that Chekov is an essential character...far more essential than Chapel or Rand...and should be made to complete the collection. I am only offering that since Chapel and Rand were in season 1 and Chekov was not Nanjin or QMX may have a justification for waiting...not saying we have to agree with it but they could make a case that they are covering season 1 before they get into season 2 characters. Retroactively Chekov is more important but in 1966 Rand and Chapel were more important characters because Chekov did not even exist. While I agree that Chekov is more essential I would still take a Chapel or Rand figure over Chekov any day but that just comes down to my opinion of which characters make for cooler figures and nothing more.

I am trying to find a picture of this device which is not at an angle or covered by a hand of something so I can use that picture to create a STL model in 3Dwarehouse so I attempt to 3D print one in 1/6 scale. If someone finds that picture please let me know

This work?

7a5f89d9dd3aa95938dde5625b3d1d30.jpg

No I actually think that Chekov is an essential character...far more essential than Chapel or Rand...and should be made to complete the collection. I am only offering that since Chapel and Rand were in season 1 and Chekov was not Nanjin or QMX may have a justification for waiting...not saying we have to agree with it but they could make a case that they are covering season 1 before they get into season 2 characters. Retroactively Chekov is more important but in 1966 Rand and Chapel were more important characters because Chekov did not even exist. While I agree that Chekov is more essential I would still take a Chapel or Rand figure over Chekov any day but that just comes down to my opinion of which characters make for cooler figures and nothing more.

Fair enough. :)

Back