QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the minute QMX stopped making Kirk and yet over produced the chair seal the faith to the line or the final straw that broke the camel's back.

If you look at retailers, the chair is still for sale . Now who is going to buy the chair if there is no more Kirk?
TOS Scotty will unfortunately be only be purchased by the die hard fans and after the first few weeks, you
might also see Scotty languishing for months and months as the supply exceed demand.
Then QMX will justify the line is not worth any future investment

It is such a pity QMX had something that could have been very special but now the line is doing a slow death

The way for QMX to save the line is to immediately make more Kirk or I am afraid ST might be done for good
The 3 year mission started with TOS and unfortunately ends also with TOS zzz so sad

Agreed. They should do Nanjin’s TOS 3.0 Kirk and Spock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys there is a very good chance there will be no other TOS if Scotty tank. QMX might have miscalculated
If they went with TNG big three first to start the ST franchise , maybe the line would have been showing better results
TOS is typically for fans in the 50's and 60's . Most new fans might not even know what character James Dohhan played in ST.
The fan base for TOS might be more limited and that was probably the other issue. Can a company produced 10K Scotty ?

I think the minute QMX stopped making Kirk and yet over produced the chair seal the faith to the line or the final straw that broke the camel's back.

If you look at retailers, the chair is still for sale . Now who is going to buy the chair if there is no more Kirk?
TOS Scotty will unfortunately be only be purchased by the die hard fans and after the first few weeks, you
might also see Scotty languishing for months and months as the supply exceed demand.
Then QMX will justify the line is not worth any future investment

It is such a pity QMX had something that could have been very special but now the line is doing a slow death

The way for QMX to save the line is to immediately make more Kirk or I am afraid ST might be done for good
The 3 year mission started with TOS and unfortunately ends also with TOS zzz so sad

If they were smart they would release a bunch of Kirks and package him with all of the chairs that they are sitting on (pun intended). Make it a special deluxe package.

As many frustrations as I have with QMX, I have a hard time really faulting them for not rushing out more Kirk and Stock figures for the latecomers who missed them the first time, or anticipating that there would even be a need for such a thing. Especially with them being a smaller operation and the fact it's something we rarely see other companies do.

I would definitely love to have that green wraparound Kirk, but wouldn't want to see Scotty, Sulu, and Uhura get pushed back even further for it to happen.

As many frustrations as I have with QMX, I have a hard time really faulting them for not rushing out more Kirk and Stock figures for the latecomers who missed them the first time, or anticipating that there would even be a need for such a thing. Especially with them being a smaller operation and the fact it's something we rarely see other companies do.

I would definitely love to have that green wraparound Kirk, but wouldn't want to see Scotty, Sulu, and Uhura get pushed back even further for it to happen.

True...but with what the scalpers are getting for Kirk and Spock I would think that due to their size QMX would not like being cut out of that. I can understand Hot Toys not losing sleep over all the money being left on the table with high secondary market prices but if you are a smaller outfit and can see that people are willing to pay A LOT for a product that you have it would make sense to try to capitalize on it while the demand is there...

I thought they should have kept a few of the first run back and put some up for sale again every time a new character comes out. You need to keep some spare for the bounce each time.

If they’re not going to produce the TWOK Kirk and Spock, I would love a chance to get the TOS versions. I loved the look of them, but I was holding out for the other ones since TWOK was the Trek I grew up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I believe that Kirk and Spock had high production numbers. They were available for quite some time and were eventually hitting the sales bins at many online shops. Once they sold out, they followed the typical collectible journey of rising interest and prices on the secondary market.

I wouldn't mind seeing a green wrap Kirk and perhaps a tweaked sculpted Spock, just to differentiate between them and the original release. This would allow those that missed the initial release to still pick up the dynamic duo for their collection, without stepping on the collectible toes of the initial collectors.

If they’re not going to produce the TWOK Kirk and Spock, I would love a chance to get the TOS versions. I loved the look of them, but I was holding out for the other ones since TWOK was the Trek I grew up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah I don't get why they're not tapping that vein.

I'm rooting for QMX to go past Scotty but Sulu and Chekov will be very weak sellers, let's face it. Kirk and Spock are the high interest sellers. Picard somewhat but we need Janeway and Sisko and Archer.

I don't think that there are any obvious easy answers about the best way to market less popular characters but without Nanjin any decisons will be based on cold economics rather than a genuine desire to bring the product to fans. Star Trek is still hugely popular but it isn't hugely popular with 1/6 scale collectors. They need to market their products outside our (generally negative) echo chamber. They have beautiful, quality products with awesome accessories after all.

I will happily accept reduced quality (fewer hands, minimal accessories) to keep costs down for supporting characters but I still think extra Spocks and Kirks have to be kept in the mix.

I’m just grateful that I got these figures when I had the chance, and that products aren’t all focused on Discovery since it’s the current series. I don’t mean that as an insult against Discovery, just that I haven’t seen the show and feared all the product focus would be on it... So I’m stoked to have the heroes I grew up with on my shelf. I would LOVE Sisko, Seven, Worf, Data, Jadzia... pretty much anybody from DS9, but I won’t hold my breath.

I thought they should have kept a few of the first run back and put some up for sale again every time a new character comes out. You need to keep some spare for the bounce each time.
I sold a Kirk and Spock at MSRP last month. Didnt know I had them [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

For you info... but they are no where near finish.
ee1b61d2b88d5dc5ceb88370cd690f3d.jpg
395bf0f8aeff53d7141385ab96b6d65e.jpg

For you info... but they are no where near finish.
ee1b61d2b88d5dc5ceb88370cd690f3d.jpg
395bf0f8aeff53d7141385ab96b6d65e.jpg

I can see that the Kirk appears to be the green tunic version...what was the Spock concept going to be? Or was it just an updated standard Spock?

Hi Nanjin, what are these pictures you just posted, are they something to do with QMX re-release for Kirk and Spock as I had given up on QMX releasing them especially since a good tactic would be to announce these figures close to a Scotty release to help boost it's sales, which they have not done.

Hi Nanjin, what are these pictures you just posted, are they something to do with QMX re-release for Kirk and Spock as I had given up on QMX releasing them especially since a good tactic would be to announce these figures close to a Scotty release to help boost it's sales, which they have not done.
These are 2 of the current TOS line developments that are planned for coming releases.

These 2 figures are top to toe redevelopment with all the availabled technical-know-how, including function specific design bodies that are based on most Trek male characters' body shapes/height, and functionality of specific character design.

The equation:

Trek Dev/Prod = HQ Corp Plan

is not currectly in balance and some variables were in conflict of each other. These conflicting variables on both sides of the equation need readjustment and understanding from both ends.

I am at the midst of balancing this equation by adjusting the variables so this formula can function smoothly as this line moves forward.

Note that 1/6 development and production are more like an art while corporate coordinated planning is based on realistic rationale of corporate procedures and monetary policies. Art shouldn't be compromised by constraints, while executable plans must be realistic.

A meeting was done recently, and some variables within the function were readjusted with more realistic approaches that are agreed on both sides of the equation.

In regards to the new Spock and Kirk, we all know a Green Wrap Kirk is a Must Want for most of us. A new Spock is the base for different Spocks, such as for the possibility of Mirror, Formal, Fascinating Spock (no product plan for Spock yet)

Back