QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^
Thanks so much.

I bought the helmet from the 3D artist here: https://www.shapeways.com/product/V8CAC4X2S/romulan-helmets-1-6-scale

I used Photoshop to make the triangle patterns then printed on fabric. My wife helped me with the sewing.

Thanks. :D

... waiting in line to sit in the chair...

Star Trek Bridge Chair waiting in line.JPG

The Data criticism seems overblown here. Data's hair changed throughout the series, and right now the shots we have show the head pointing down, which is emphasizing his forehead. People's heads do look different when viewed from different perspectives, of course. I think the hair shape looks right for how Data appeared sometimes (other times his hair was fuller) it just needs to be darker. And some of the detail could actually use a bit of smoothing out, which will likely happen in production. If they can just darken the hair color, I'd be pretty happy myself.

View attachment 394907
Excellent points, and well demonstrated. The lighting in that environment could definitely be throwing Data’s likeness off (hair color and sculpt details included).

We will have to see how the publicity images look. QMX’s promo pics seem to be nearly identical to the finished product... warts and all... like sweaty, swarthy Spock. ;)

IMG_0238.jpg

Our lord and saviour in his rightful place!

Kirk should've just let him take the Enterprise

Love the figure but the fat suit is an insult, wondering whether anyone thinned the figure, if anyone's thinking of a similar setup, the figure doesn't sit all too well, I'd say it's 90% optimal, which is good enough, when posed in an IKEA Billy, and have a direct viewing angle rather than an 360^ one, it's pretty good - If anyone has the the figure, would appreciate sitting and thinning advice

If they do 7 of 9, would definitely buy as a first officer

Yeah if you look back you'll see a couple of us have already thinned him down. The hardest part is just getting the jumpsuit off, but once you manage that it's pretty easy to open up the stomach pouch and remove half of the padding.

Star Trek 3D Printer Fun! Over two years of prints

The last two are works in process. The transporter needs serious work. Its ceiling has fallen and needs a full redo

So after two delays I finally got my Mission Crate from Loot Crate. Have to say overall I’m pretty impressed by it. It’s largely a QMX box. It came with a magnetic rank badge from Star Trek: Discovery (I chose the Command division), the Locutus figure, an Enterprise D mini masters ship, a sticker of a Borg Cube with Resistance is Futile written on it, a shirt with the Enterprise D and a Borg Cube, and a code for Star Trek Online. Plus on top of it the box itself is pretty cool, it looks like the shuttle craft from TOS.

I’ll post pictures later maybe. My subscription already auto renewed but I’m cool with it as long as the quality keeps up.

Does anyone have/know of a source for 1/6 comm badges, especially Voyager style?

My Captain's chair arrived yesterday as well. Haven't even had a chance to unbox it, as I first need to find a display space for it. Room has become a premium for me...

I found the bridge images on Google, I photoshopped out the existing Captain's Chair in the photos and had the images printed 15" x 15" for my detolf. Here they are if anyone wants to use them.

Bridge FINAL.jpgBridge Bkgd NO CHAIR.jpg

Thanks for that.

I received the HT Tarkin figure recently. The tunic has a similar flap front as the TWOK jackets. HT used small magnets to secure the flap. I hope QMX does the same, as it will be less bulky and fiddly than those micro snaps that always eventually break.

Back