QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was waiting for QMX to put Sulu up for order. Saw my email when I got home and it was sold out.

The website says they are getting more but still disappointed they didn't have enough to last a few hours :(.

My email arrived at 12:41 — it was still there at 12:46, but by the time I logged in — gone. That is a half-assed way to run a business.

Given some of the negative comments it's cool that it sold so well. But it does suggest that maybe they underestimated demand again.

Still, despite it being frustrating I'm sure it makes more sense for them to do production runs in two waves. It prevents flooding the market with unwanted figures and lets them split the cost outlay.

I think the selling out factor can be very misleading. Did they sell out 10,000 of these in :10 minutes, or were there only 100 available? We really don’t know. But, the selling out panic they create is good for their business which leads me to believe that they needed a way to make people think this is in high demand. Put out a low number, sell out right away, and create publicity.

Last edited:
I think the selling out factor can be very misleading. Did they sell out 10,000 of these in :10 minutes, or were they only 100 available? We really don’t know. But, the selling out panic they create is good for their business which leads me to believe that they needed a way to make people think this is in high demand. Put out a low number, sell out right away, and create publicity.

Probably 25......:lol

There is No way 1,000 Sold within 30 minutes

Releasing in waves of 50- 100 is probably what
is happening. I do hope Sulu do well as a TOS
fan but this one is sadly a pass

Wow, that's crazy. Glad I'm getting him through sideshow. Sounds like buying these from QMX is a headache

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

I'd bet hard money they are deliberately doing split releases to drive up demand and encourage panic buying. Nothing helps drive sales more than convincing people of the idea that they might miss out.

I'd bet hard money they are deliberately doing split releases to drive up demand and encourage panic buying. Nothing helps drive sales more than convincing people of the idea that they might miss out.

Yes, I'm sure that's part of the strategy due to human nature but remember they overestimated demand for Picard (possibly reduced due to unforeseen staining issue) so this is to ensure they don't waste money by producing stock that retailers can't shift.

I recall that DST produced prototypes for Chapel, Rand, and short-sleeved McCoy as capstones for their TOS line and they were cancelled because retailers were not interested. There are a lot of balls in the air and they have to keep them all up there if the line is to have longevity. If this figure fails to sell, it impacts on whether they can fund the next one.

11D8C0C6-2AD6-490C-9D29-D24C63C7C842.jpeg

Got one coming Tuesday. May we get a the rest crew , a couple of aliens and TWOK someday

For QMX to recoup the licensing fees,
there is no way they can survive
selling whatever they sold on SULU
the first 30 minutes of release.

Scotty is available on order again and my hunch is
they are releasing them in waves

The first wave might be 30-50 or so figures
From QMX and then 300-500 thereafter
In a few waves

Even If Sulu was $1,500 each, QMX could
Not recover selling 30-50 figures only.

Last edited: