Prop QMX-Quantum Mechanix MILLENNIUM FALCON !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep finding pics on my camera that I missed.

378ec4fcc9b285e21e134038fa3c0746.jpg

I keep finding pics on my camera that I missed.

Since you saw it in person, what do you think of the size?

When I look at my measuring stick, 17 inches seems like a good size but I have to imagine only about half of that is the round interior section, so it would seem like the interior details are just really small. It's one of those things where it probably looks better from farther away, and when you stick your head up close to get a good look at the details you start to see sloppy paint wash, brush strokes, that sort of thing

Since you saw it in person, what do you think of the size?

When I look at my measuring stick, 17 inches seems like a good size but I have to imagine only about half of that is the round interior section, so it would seem like the interior details are just really small. It's one of those things where it probably looks better from farther away, and when you stick your head up close to get a good look at the details you start to see sloppy paint wash, brush strokes, that sort of thing

I think the size is fine. There is an insane amount of detail and the paint looks spot on considering how small the bits and pieces are inside. It's the kind of piece that is big enough to look good from a decent distance but makes you want to get in close to see everything. I don't know how much this will be, but whatever the price, anything bigger in size would probably double it.

If the production piece ends up pretty close to this then I'm definately in for this....... Dependent on final price of course

Though I remember that their Serenity piece wasn't as clean as I wished

The current master series falcon from Revall (1/72 scale) which is a reissue of the fine molds kit retailed at 300. If you upgrade parts with photo etch call it 400. 500-700 for close to same scale, painted, weathered and the cutaway seems like a good deal. If they are numbered even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The current master series falcon from Revall (1/72 scale) which is a reissue of the fine molds kit retailed at 300. If you upgrade parts with photo etch call it 400. 500-700 for close to same scale, painted, weathered and the cutaway seems like a good deal. If they are numbered even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point. I like your maths.

Not actually, it should be about the same price or close. In universe Serenity is a MUCH bigger ship. So a 1:250 scale model is about the same physical size as the 1:80 falcon. A 1:250 scale falcon would be only 6-8 inches long and to small to do the detailing on the inside. Make sense?

Yeah, totally makes sense. Thanks for the explanation. I clearly don't have a grasp in my head of how my favorite sci-fi franchises' famous ships relate in size to one another!

But, regardless, this will probably be too rich for my blood, unfortunately. I'd much prefer a Falcon in this size and with this amount of external detail but without the ability to take the top off and have all the interior detail. That way the price could be much lower!

Back