QMX Princess Bride - Westley, The Dread Pirate Roberts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: QMX Princess Bride

The unmasked Westley sculpt doesn't look quite right. He looks more like Peter O'Toole from Lawrence of Arabia, but that's fine. Unless you're going to pose him for the fire swamp, or, "to blave," or, "TO THE PAIN!" he needs to be displayed masked facing Inigo.

It's actually a very good sculpt in hand. The shape and contours of the face and the features are all pretty spot-on. The lighting is obviously different in these comparisons, but they show that the details are there.

35402350_10156345011275690_4930013858942156800_n.jpg35267654_10156345013700690_8947901596222619648_n.jpg

Looks to me like his chin and jaw are a bit too square and wide. But like Wamphyri said, this isn't a figure you're likely to display much without the mask, so I can live with it.

The unmasked Westley sculpt doesn't look quite right. He looks more like Peter O'Toole from Lawrence of Arabia, but that's fine. Unless you're going to pose him for the fire swamp, or, "to blave," or, "TO THE PAIN!" he needs to be displayed masked facing Inigo. Obviously Inigo is a must, along with Fezzik, Buttercup, and Vizzini. You don't really need Humperdinck, but you have to have Count Rugen. And I know it's asking too much, but could you even imagine a Miracle Max? That would be inconceivable!

Oh yes Miracle Max, would be absolutely awesome. I’m sure that would be the first Billy Crystal piece ever....
He would have to come with his potions.

Man I hope this line is successful.

I actually want to use the unmasked, since I have the Factory Entertainment statues which are actually pretty good. I will just be very disappointed if they stop at the two I already have, but will buy again for a 'group' scene.

Admittedly ive never been a massive fan of this movie. My wife loves it though. Met Carey Elwes at a comic con about a month ago and I've got to say, coolest celebrity ever. Seriously, this guy has a serious way with people.

The line to meet him was about 50 people deep and it took over three hours to get through. People started getting impatient and the line nearly came to mutiny. But the second we got to the front of that line we instantly forgot about the wait to get there. This guy is really awesome, and has a way of making everyone he speaks to feel special. After that, I definitely have to get this figure.

Admittedly ive never been a massive fan of this movie. My wife loves it though. Met Carey Elwes at a comic con about a month ago and I've got to say, coolest celebrity ever. Seriously, this guy has a serious way with people.

The line to meet him was about 50 people deep and it took over three hours to get through. People started getting impatient and the line nearly came to mutiny. But the second we got to the front of that line we instantly forgot about the wait to get there. This guy is really awesome, and has a way of making everyone he speaks to feel special. After that, I definitely have to get this figure.

Oh my, yes. Cary Elwes simply exudes a kind of charm that many people, let alone women, find irresistible. He's not just handsome either; he's handsome in this self-aware, but not off-puttingly arrogant kind of way. Or at least he convinces you that it's lot the later.

Seriously Can NOT wait for this!! Also hoping this opens the door for more 80s fantasy characters. WILLOW. LEGEND. DARK CRYSTAL. LABYRINTH!! I'd buy them all!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I would love it if they tackled Willow. Princess Bride and Willow were two of my favorite movies as a kid and I was actually old enough to see Willow in the theaters.

I would love it if they tackled Willow. Princess Bride and Willow were two of my favorite movies as a kid and I was actually old enough to see Willow in the theaters.
Yeah man! Can you imagine a Mad Martigan and General Kael!? And of course Willow!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Oh, hell yes! Man, I thought I was going to be able to wind down collecting in a couple of years, but these would keep me in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

General Kael would need a voice chip so I can constantly hear GRRRRAB THE BABY!!!!

So happy my kids love Willow as much as I do. We were so spoiled growing up with such awesomeness in the 80s.

General Kael would need a voice chip so I can constantly hear GRRRRAB THE BABY!!!!

So happy my kids love Willow as much as I do. We were so spoiled growing up with such awesomeness in the 80s.

Yup. Same here and we just started watching it again tonight. They love Princess Bride too. My oldest likes the Labyrinth as well.

I still have the old little Willow figures.

Back