QMx 1:6 Star Trek: TNG - Jean Luc Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone had a non-stained head yet? I love Next Gen, but this, plus the issue with the head size vs. tailoring of the suit, is putting me off to buying.

Mine had none, but like I said the head was detached when I opened it. I haven't checked since I setup him for display.

If I were you, I would put some tape around the inside of the neck to avoid it creating issues in the future! Sounds like you might have lucked out due to the head coming detached.

I'm also wondering if the issue might get fixed in a later run, or are they all made at the same time? These high end figures usually take a while to cross the pond, and I have no idea if that's just travel time, or waiting for more to be made for the overseas market.... The last big issue I was aware of was Deadpools cuffs, which had been corrected by the time that figure hit the uk, so I'm wondering if this might happen with Picard...

I'm assuming the first batch hit the UK and the second the US. I think that's why deanknight and reviewking were able to address it so early on. I nearly canceled it but the fix came sooner than later. I hope Qmx comes up with a satisfactory response because I just don't think a replacement head will do it alone.

The stains don't seem to be getting worse. I've had mine for almost a week and nothing has changed.

Staingate

BillClinton2012DNCSpeech640.jpg

I've always read that Oxy10, or any pimple cream rather, I think benzoyl peroxide is the active ingredient, will get rid of stains like that.

But yeah, that shouldn't be happening, hopefully QMX has a batch of replacement heads in the pipeline.

Goof off gets anything off. Often with whatever several layers are under it

The good off are through the plastic a few mm, which obvosily you don't want. And it doesn't matter anyways because several mm deep the stain was still there.

Nothing is getting this out.

This is terrible. It's scaring me enough that I'm even contemplating cancelling which breaks my heart because I want this figure so bad :(

I know many of us have the other 3 figures but is it possible, qmx could offer some kind of giant discount on the other 3 as an apology to those that got this one? I don't have McCoy yet and if my Picard is messed up and they give me McCoy for say 25 bucks, I'd feel better about it. Madness? Perhaps but this "staingate" is starting to look pretty widespread and none of our usual Qmx people are saying anything about it sadly.

I've always read that Oxy10, or any pimple cream rather, I think benzoyl peroxide is the active ingredient, will get rid of stains like that.
Not sure if I'd try that. I know on clothing if stuff like that gets on you it'll stain white and it doesn't really come out.

Goof off gets anything off. Often with whatever several layers are under it

The good off are through the plastic a few mm, which obvosily you don't want. And it doesn't matter anyways because several mm deep the stain was still there.

Nothing is getting this out.

Yeah it sounds like it's not just a surface thing, but something that's been absorbed into the paint and plastic.

Bones was about a month and a half behind the stateside release, so I wouldn't expect anything until mid June at the earliest. I'm hoping it will be from a second run, but I can deal with it if the staining is not too extensive. I'd be curious to know if Aaron has heard anything from QMX about the situation though.

Back