QMx 1:6 Star Trek: TNG - Jean Luc Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol "Throwing accusations around"... the way you say things man.. makes me laugh.

You know what you're talking about but that's why people call you a troll it's the way you say things to people .

You gotta chill the aggression dude you never know when you might need something. Like the time you messaged me to paint those tryrion hands. Like I'd never do something for you now you know?

Pot. Kettle. Black :lol :lol

Some of your posts have been worse.

I think Pixelpiper is just straight-talking. Strong, opinionated personalities such as yourself (and a few others here) don't like being confronted or called out on wild claims. . . IN MY OPINION :rotfl

The QMx guy himself said that he was using a "public domain" body, or something to that effect, when discussing Mal originally. And from my understanding, it was an earlier Truetype. But I haven't had one in-hand to see for myself. ThreeA used Truetype knockoffs.

That's interesting that he said that. Can you remember where or the article?

I think the easiest solution is to put on a white polo neck underneath the uniform top. It should bulk out the upper body a little and act as a stain barrier.

In my opinion.

I think the easiest solution is to put on a white polo neck underneath the uniform top. It should bulk out the upper body a little and act as a stain barrier.

In my opinion.

If a plastic sheet didn't work as a stain barrier....I dunno what will. I am surprised the stain went through the shipping plastic unless plastic was put on after the staining

I've been close to ordering but haven't yet. Now with the staining issues I'm not sure what to do. Hopefully QMX will address the issue and correct it.

Good find :clap

"open source" :wink1:

If a plastic sheet didn't work as a stain barrier....I dunno what will. I am surprised the stain went through the shipping plastic unless plastic was put on after the staining

Or the plastic was put there to try and stop the staining while shipping. Which means they knew about the problem. Plastic scrunched up and collar stained the neck anyway.

The fact that they added plastic on the neck :dunno

Mine was stained under the plastic. I dont see the stain going thru the plastic. Which makes me think the stain happened before the plastic barrier. Maybe they planned on the plastic all along, forgot, and then did it as an afterthought. All conjecture.

18446564_10211290495277086_9133512358294605907_n.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Pot. Kettle. Black :lol :lol

Some of your posts have been worse.

I think Pixelpiper is just straight-talking. Strong, opinionated personalities such as yourself (and a few others here) don't like being confronted or called out on wild claims. . . IN MY OPINION :rotfl

That's interesting that he said that. Can you remember where or the article?

Oh of course I'm well aware.
I say what I mean and don't hold back but I don't point it at forum members unless provoked and even now I just don't have the energy or time to get in a pissing match about dolls.

It's alright I usually just have a legit list of people i usually avoid . When they want To buy something off me, want some help or if Me, my brother or whoever is running a run of something they are just simply out of luck. You're on that list too in case you were wondering:)

The admin of this forum works for QMx. You have Raymond here accusing QMx of ripping off Hot Toys, going so far are to speculate openly why HT doesn't sue. Meanwhile, there's no proof, there are no photos. That's called libel if it's untrue.

This isn't a pissing match, this isn't me trying to say something a certain way - and it isn't an opinionated view and it's not an aggressive stand. The fact of the matter is that Raymond, a person I generally quite respect on the forum, though I know a lot of people don't get along with (same can be said about me), is posting this info in a trollish sort of way. I fully expect that someone from QMx, perhaps Dave, will come in and squash that line/info. I'm trying to give Raymond the opportunity to clarify and back up his statement about QMx re-casting HT's TTM-17.

1. Keep in mind truth is a defense to libel. Not saying anything is true or false, but it's not libel if it's true.

2. Libel is a civil claim, not a criminal one. Meaning remedies (if there is in fact libel) would be limited to monetary damages (money) and/or an injuction (a court ordering you from doing it again). I just dont see qmx escalting this to legal action. Further, the person on this forum found to have committed libel probably has about $34 in a checking account like most of us do. People with no money tend not to get sued because they have nothing to take.

3. A libel award depends on proving damage to the victim's reputation. Here, let's say a few people believe that wmx bootlegged a bosy. Whats the ultimate result? Not a lot in my opinion.

But could see dave jumping in to set the record straight.

I'm not undressing my figure after getting him all adjusted the way I want someone else can do that but with the pics a few pages back that show how the next was cut off I'm willing to bet this is indeed the "open source" body they used

https://m.ebay.com/itm/GangHood-1-6...3A047be2f115c0ab67091e3c66fffee73d%7Ciid%3A24

Which as we can all see is a recast/retool of Bruce lee by hot toys not dissimilar to whatever other knock off makers lifted and copied hot toys sculpts for one reason or another

So I'm wondering if there's any legality issues of a lisenced vendor buys a bulk order of something someone else recasted?

Another legal question.

Typically in trademark or copyright cases the court punishes the seller/violator, not the buyer. Often buyers are often victims when they unknowingly purchase knocknoff goods. What you do see is the court issuing an order to seize the knock offs or the cops seizing them as evidence. If the products are bootlegs then the buyer loses the goods and the money spent on the same.

This does not address the real question of whether or not there has been some copy/trade infringement.

Few things to set the record straight.

No issues with pixlepiper we both have strong opinions but after years of history there's a mutual respect there. We pmed back and forth and at least on my end I'm not carrying anything. In his mind he wanted me to defend what I was saying and I get that.

On the issue of the body I'm pretty sure the case is they lifted that KO body. Also for the record I have no issues with it I was merely Curious how something like that is ok to happen. With a company as responsible as qmx I'm sure there's no shady business going on obvosily I'm a huge supporter of them and a champion for their success.

More than likely they bought the body I posted in bulk and made their own mods. May be the first time I've seen this but as others have pointed out it's apparently something others have done too.

Oh man....what you said is eerily similar to my situation. On occasion, I will ask my wife to give her opinion on a figure. But it does suck that she has absolutely zero interest in action figures or the like. I mean, before I was married, women were always at least impressed with my collection. My wife can't even stand to be in my office. She thinks she might breathe on something and I'll have a heart attack.

My wife doesn't want to touch my figures because she's afraid she'll break something. When I asked her to help me go through some boxes in the basement to get rid of some toys, she was more than happy to touch them at that point. I wish I still had a friend that lived near me. At least then I had a buddy to talk toys with and go to look at toys locally.

I do really want a Picard sixth scale, but the headsculpt in most of these photos just isn't working for me. The uniform top is also too bulky, but I could forgive that if the headsculpt looked right. Weirdly, in some photos it looks considerably better, but in the majority it doesn't really look like Stewart, making it hard to know what it'll really look like in hand.

Weird dye stains pretty much seal the deal, sadly.

I do really want a Picard sixth scale, but the headsculpt in most of these photos just isn't working for me. The uniform top is also too bulky, but I could forgive that if the headsculpt looked right. Weirdly, in some photos it looks considerably better, but in the majority it doesn't really look like Stewart, making it hard to know what it'll really look like in hand.

Weird dye stains pretty much seal the deal, sadly.
I'll say in hand the sculpt is spot on! No need to worry about the likeness being off at all.

Several pages back I asked if anyone knew what QMX's return policy is on receiveing an item missing part(s) and other issues. You can't get a hold of somebody on the phone and I am still waiting on a email response from Thursday. I just need to return my figure for a full refund, so I need help in knowing how exactly they would handle that considering it has QC issues and the collar insugnia is missing. If anyone could help me out with this, it would be greatly appreciated😁

Back