QMx 1:6 Star Trek: TNG - Jean Luc Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely wishy washy on this one. Likeness aside the bagginess of the upper section is really starting to bug me. It's reminiscent of the sixth scale dragon releases. Then there's the possibility of the blacks not matching from pant to shirt. I'll just have to see this on video to make a truly informed decision.

I'm a huge TNG fan and obviously collect 1/6 figures, yet I have zero interest in this figure. Just doesn't look good to me (head sculpt, tailoring) in any way. If they can't get my purchase then I don't know who they are trying to aim these figures at.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have been using Crawford's toy reviews for as long as I can remember. How long ago did he start?

They always give a great weight of good vs bad. His reviews have helped guide many of my purchases. This one made me order Picard haha.

There is a lot of work / research that goes into these pieces and they definitely stand out. I loved Spock and Kirk

So is this on just the same body as the previous figures then? It somehow looks a bit more thin and gangly here, which makes me wonder if switching to another body might help improve the fit of the outfit.

Although to be fair, the tunics did start to look a bit baggier and less form-fitting in the last couple seasons. It was only in Seasons 3 and 4 that they had that really tight and sleek look.

Although to be fair, the tunics did start to look a bit baggier and less form-fitting in the last couple seasons. It was only in Seasons 3 and 4 that they had that really tight and sleek look.

That was my thought. I do remember them getting baggier in later seasons. Also, I doubt the perceived difference in the black will appear that way in real life. Black fabrics bounce light back differently on camera and create the appearance of difference there. I ordered the figure! With phaser rifle.

latest

I have been using Crawford's toy reviews for as long as I can remember. How long ago did he start?

They always give a great weight of good vs bad. His reviews have helped guide many of my purchases. This one made me order Picard haha.

There is a lot of work / research that goes into these pieces and they definitely stand out. I loved Spock and Kirk

He's been doing it since I want to say... I dunno maybe 96?

For what it's worth I did a metric crap ton of research on this uniform back in the 90's when I had one made. For the first half of season three it's actually an almost totally different tunic ( I think they were either stolen or damaged hence the later change) take a look at the first ten or so season 3 eps... the waist is more tailored without as much emphasis on the waistband and no 'muffin top' effect above it and more of a straight line down from the armpit. And most visibly there are two vertical seams on the front panel, dividing it into three sections. It's more obvious when you look at the ops gold tunics in those early s3 eps. Then, about halfway through they changed into the single front panel tunics with tighter waistbands (which often rode up making it baggier around the midriff)

Hey fellow Collectors! Thanks to QMx i can show you two Reviews of Captain Picard! One is in English and the other one is in German. I think i captured this Figure very well for you! Enjoy

Sculpt looks better in that review than the pictures on the QMX site in my opinion. Really nitpicky thing but I wish the box art had the figure name and name of the series in the traditional TNG font rather than the TOS font. Also wish the base was more reflective of TNG.

Seeing all the angles like that really helps get a better feel for the sculpt, I still have the same quibbles about the uniform, but I'm leaning back towards taking the plunge again... :lol

Great review. I really depend on video to get the full in hand experience. The accessories look great. The head sculpt is decent enough. I still have my nitpicks about the uniform. The puffiness particularly at the shoulders. That causing an out of proportion look with the legs. Yet, this is by far the best Picard we've ever seen and I'll likely put in my preorder this week.

Wow, the likeness actually looks amazing in that video. And the fit of the outfit looks like it could be improved quite a bit with just some proper futzing. The only thing jumping out at me are the really narrow hips, but adding a bit of padding around there would probably help give the uniform that sleeker look it needs (and also make the neck seem a bit less thick in comparison).

Alright dangit, I broke down and ordered a standard version off Sideshow with some of the points I had on there (don't need the exclusive as I always found the TNG phaser rifle to be really clunky and ugly looking anyway).

Anyone noticed Picard had to pull his jacket down every time he stood up? This was the design problem with this TNG uniform. Watch the series again, pay attention on Riker and the rest of the crew, they hardly have any continuous shots of from sitting positions to standing up positions (except female uniforms because they were one piece). Also, pay attention on Riker when he sat on his chair...he hardly leaned back to the backrest of his chair. If he leaned back like Picard, he would need to readjust his jacket by pulling the front down...Just like Picard.

Btw, my personal opinion, the phaser rifle is something I won't leave out. Again, I am saying this as a Trek figures collector (I have strange behavior...I change opinions depending on where I stand)

来自我的 HUAWEI NXT-AL10 上的 Tapatalk

Last edited:
Anyone noticed Picard had to pull his jacket down every time he stood up? This was the design problem with this TNG uniform. Watch the series again, pay attention on Riker and the rest of the crew, they hardly have any continuous shots of from sitting positions to standing up positions (except female uniforms because they were one piece). Also, pay attention on Riker when he sat on his chair...he hardly leaned back to the backrest of his chair. If he leaned back like Picard, he would need to readjust his jacket by pulling the front down...Just like Picard.

Btw, my personal opinion, the phaser rifle is something I won't leave out. Again, I am saying this as a Trek figures collector (I have strange behavior...I change opinions depending on where I stand)

You just reminded me that they never washed their uniforms either cos the producers didn't want them to fade. They stank to high heaven.

Not sure if I read that on here or somewhere else...

You just reminded me that they never washed their uniforms either cos the producers didn't want them to fade. They stank to high heaven.

Not sure if I read that on here or somewhere else...

This was one of the reason they changed the 1st season uniform. Plus, they had trouble going restroom, and the crotch area was extremely uncomfortable.

Back