QMx 1:6 Star Trek: TNG - Jean Luc Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the slightly more gaunt face and the far more pronounced cheekbones, the sculpt looks more like the older First Contact era Picard, rather than the younger TNG series Picard.

So Inigo did the Kirk and Picard sculpts apparently. I'm not sure who did the others. I don't remember seeing artist credits on the box. Anyway, this was the original Picard someone had mentioned. Qmx proto has better paint it seems but I don't see much difference past that.

picard.jpg

With the slightly more gaunt face and the far more pronounced cheekbones, the sculpt looks more like the older First Contact era Picard, rather than the younger TNG series Picard.

I think it could still pass for a Season 7 Picard. It's just earlier seasons like 3 or 4 that the sculpt is looking a bit too old for.

I pulled the trigger on the ex.

I think this is the best the will be offered. It's not perfect but JLP is a big character for me. No way I'm going to NOT have him in the collection.

Plus I like to support the line. Hallowed franchise. Loved ST:TNG. Plus, this is a Non HT figures with a line outside of DC, Marvel, or Star Wars.

Sculpt still looks fine to me. If anything, a slightly thinner face as mentioned before, but nothing major.

Good review as always Michael. Many fears assuaged I'm sure. The accessories look a lot better close up. Only thing that bugs me slightly is I really want a captain's chair now. Picard looks odd sipping tea standing or crouching. I want him to sip it in a chair! lol.

I'd love a Captain's chair! I was already sold, but his review might have sold me on the phaser rifle.

There's just so many niggly things about this that bug me - the bull neck, the baggy sleeves, the short tunic, the close but not quite there likeness... it's not 'bad' by any means, by most measures it's very good, in fact, but it's been a long time since I've been quite this conflicted over whether to get a figure or not. I think the fact that I had certain issues with both the Worf and Data prototypes doesn't help, either.

That said, my resolve is weakening... :lol

I could easily live with the sculpt if the svelte look and cut of the screen costume was there. Or if the Oz dollar was at parity.

To be honest, it doesn't help that the material chosen for the tunic is visibly quite a coarse weave, looking nothing like the smooth material sheen of the TV uniforms, either. Or that the black of the pants and tunic don't match, which detracts from the outfit looking like two parts of a matching uniform, like it clearly was on screen in the show.

Like I said, lots of little niggly things that just stand out and bug me a bit.

Thanks, Kuat.

Even though Michael scores figures higher than I would, I trust his reviews 100%. As far as I'm concerned, he's never been wrong or in conflict with what I've thought when I have the figures in hand. Very fair and professional.

Like Ex-Parrot though, I am conflicted because there's several things wrong with the figure and I really don't like the baggy/padded tailoring, but also just as people have pointed out - we're not likely to see better any time soon.

I've supported all of the QMx 1/6 line so far, so I'll likely take the risk on this now I've seen Michael's thoughts.

In my opinion, QMx really should send him the figures for review before revealing/teasing on Facebook and here.

Agreed about michael being fair, though of course I won't always agree. Here, the Arnold Schwarzenegger neck and likeness are problems, but I might buy if I see a good deal. One of my favorite all time tv characters.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

For the outfit I hope it's futzable, or it's a matter if finding a flattering pose.

This was the first QMx release that really made me question ordering, whereas the previous four were automatic.

Maybe we can take all that padding out of Picard and stuff it into McCoy and Spock :monkey3

Thanks for the kind comments guys - being fair and professional has always been my goal. As I said in the review, it's the fit of the tunic that bugs me the most. The padding is actually sewn in, not a separate piece, so correcting it is a bit more effort than it's probably worth. Of course, someone might do this costume on the custom market that will make a good replacement.

The improvement in the magnets and the exceptional accessories were both very welcome. I wasn't surprised by the quality of the accessories, since they killed it on the Trek stuff as well, but the improvement with the magnets is good to see, since they took something from a previous release and listened to our complaints and corrected it.

Back