QMx 1:6 Star Trek: TNG - Jean Luc Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nanjin implied on Facebook a while ago that Patrick Stewart's required changes were detrimental to the likeness.

Even so, when the figure was first previewed it looked better in terms of uniform and fit.

attachment.php

That's a more noble looking Picard.

You know, I think it's the same suit and the same sculpt!

I tried something. I hid the neck with my fingers, and boom, there's Picard for you. That bull's neck somehow throws the sculpt off.

My only fear about getting TNG figures is that I'm probably going to want the whole crew. :lol. At least Picard, Riker, Data, La Forge, and Worf. I could probably go without Troi or Crusher.

My only fear about getting TNG figures is that I'm probably going to want the whole crew. :lol. At least Picard, Riker, Data, La Forge, and Worf. I could probably go without Troi or Crusher.

You're in the wrong hobby.
:lol

Is there a reason to order from QMX directly besides the exclusive? I've never bought anything from them so just wondering if it's faster or anything. I don't think I'll get the exclusive though.

Is there a reason to order from QMX directly besides the exclusive? I've never bought anything from them so just wondering if it's faster or anything. I don't think I'll get the exclusive though.

Free shipping

Nanjin. I know TNG. It ended in 94. That phaser wasn't introduced until 96.

Seriously.

Well from Nanjin's early pics this started out as a First Contact Picard with the black and gray uniform, so that probably explains why it's still using the same phaser instead of the earlier Cobra-head phaser with the black grip on top from the series. Which is an understandable mistake I think.

Thankfully I do still have the phaser from the cheapo Dragon figure that I could probably use instead (and the accessories were clearly the only good things to come out of that awful set).

20170414_181857 (339x500).jpg

Free two day shipping.

He looks a bit older in the pics. And I'm still debating if I want all the captains. If I get Picard I think I want him from the later seasons with the jacket. And I know I definitely want a bearded Riker.

Twenty extra dollars for a single exclusive item seems steep to me. Part of me wants it to have the whole package but yet I don't think I'd ever display him with a phaser rifle anyways.

I am a bit bummed the phaser seems to be the bent one? It's kind of hard to tell, though, as the only good look we get of the back is the holstered phaser. Not necessarily a deal-breaker but it's a weird detail to get wrong since everything else is so spot-on accessory wise. I'm in for this guy. I've wanted a good representation of the TNG crew and I think this is the best we'll ever get. I just don't see a ton of companies taking the chance on Trek, which is (sadly) a poor performer merch wise these days.

I'm torn on the phaser rifle. It's not very Picard. And I have to think Riker or Worf would come with one standard. I would just order from QMX but I do have some Sideshow Rewards that would help with the price. Hmmm.

I'm just really torn whether it's worth the $20 for the phaser rifle. But you do get extra hands too. Hmmmm.

Really nice shots Dave. I prefer those over the ones with the backgrounds added in. I'm looking forward to the in hand pics. I'd order the ex but I don't have rp with Qmx like I do with sideshow.

Yeah I do see a lot more Picard in the sculpt there. And it's much closer to the kind of lighting I would actually have on it too. So hopefully that's more what it'll look like in hand.

Back