QMx 1:6 Star Trek: TNG - Jean Luc Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While the head sculpt seems a little off, the tailoring and accessories look great. One thing folks have to keep in mind is that the portrait had to be approved by the actor, which is something that QMx can't control. I'm definitely going to be picking this up. I have a custom head that might work better and it's possible I may have to do a body swap, but I've been waiting years for a 1:6 Picard so I'm trilled to see this. Bring on the rest of the TNG crew.

While the head sculpt seems a little off, the tailoring and accessories look great. One thing folks have to keep in mind is that the portrait had to be approved by the actor, which is something that QMx can't control. I'm definitely going to be picking this up. I have a custom head that might work better and it's possible I may have to do a body swap, but I've been waiting years for a 1:6 Picard so I'm trilled to see this. Bring on the rest of the TNG crew.

Really? The tailoring is part of the problem I have with this set.

How can they go from Kirk to this? Was it a different sculptor? Someone said they've had this sculpt for over a year? Different tailors too? I have never seen such a difference in quality from the same company.

50% Robert Picardo. Cool. They can reuse the sculpt for their Voyager line :lol

It's how Sir Patrick wanted himself to appear...

But the sculpt might have looked worse before. Just because he said this one it doesn't mean the last was better?

Really? The tailoring is part of the problem I have with this set.

The material looks a bit thick which is especially noticeable in the collar with color piping, but I'm not sure how much thinner they could go at that scale at least for mass production. The shot against the white backdrop is the most concerning because the lower half looks too thin. I'm hoping this will just be some futzing, padding in the shoulders, and possibly a body swap to get to look right.

Waiting on MCToys review and The Spot review. A lot of things change when it is seen in hand

That's...just not quite worth my money, unfortunately. I expected to be in for TNG figures, but unless in hand pics change my mind (which is always possible), I just can't jump on board based on what I see with this figure. No company hits it out of the park every time, but even so, I try to avoid paying out on any of the misses as best I can, and I suspect that's what I'll be doing here, too.

Oh well, love my Kirk, Spock and McCoy, and looking forward to Scotty, so I'll just have to sate myself with those for now, as far as Trek goes.

The face does look weird to me. I see Stewart in there. Just not a 100% there. But I'm still tempted as the rest of the figure and the accessories look great.

Where i see a big dip in quality is the legs. Looks like a cheap DiD body from 2009. At least in the legs.

I wonder when this will release. It seems like the TOS QMX figures had a pretty short window between pre-order and delivery. I can't wait for this and future TNG figures.

I'm still not super impressed by their McCoy. So I'm not shocked by the head sculpt for Picard. Since they unveiled it the obvious issue to me has always been the nose. Feels a tad too wide or something. I'll have to see in hand pics but I may cave no matter the results. The trekkie in me has to have Kirk, Spock, Picard, and Data on the same shelf.

Even more worrisome is the Data.

Last edited:
I personally think it looks pretty good. :dunno

I mean not a 100% spot on likeness, no, but I personally think it's about 80% there, maybe slightly more. Something seems slightly off in the nose area, but PS does have a wider nose so it's not a matter of the nose being too wide as some have mentioned when perusing some of the replies. If anything, it looks like the face as whole may be a little too slender and not quite round enough.

I personally think it's a better likeness than the QMx Spock figure though.

Back