QMx 1:6 Q &A - We want your questions!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, sorry about the delay. We just got back from the show and it was busy (in a good way) but didn't give us a chance to get to the questions. We will do that as soon as humanly possible. Thanks for being patient.

From the pictures I saw, Raylan wasn't in the display case this time around. Seems noteworthy.

Only reason I've been following QMX is waiting for Raylan.

SnakeDoc

Raylan's been the only reason I've been following the QMx displays and releases, too.

Absolutely love that show and would buy a Raylan Givens figure in an instant.

Someone on FB showed off an amazing Raylan custom using the WGP sculpt. Shame we probably won't ever see an official version made of this.

FB_IMG_1532811873163~01.jpg

QMX, please update us on when you plan on answering any of the questions in this thread.
Yeah they've been strangely quiet. My guess? Maybe they were going to say something in Vegas....and then they heard the Picard coming back thing the sane time we did and had to reevaluate what their plans were. I'm sure Scotty and Sulu were locked in already as well as new Kirk and Spock and possibly Uhura. Everything else is possibly gonna change now and I hope for the better.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Yeah they've been strangely quiet. My guess? Maybe they were going to say something in Vegas....and then they heard the Picard coming back thing the sane time we did and had to reevaluate what their plans were. I'm sure Scotty and Sulu were locked in already as well as new Kirk and Spock and possibly Uhura. Everything else is possibly gonna change now and I hope for the better.

Picard thing was on Saturday. All the QmX announcements were before then. They had nothing left to say on Sunday.

Until they put a pre order up I wouldn't consider anything a lock.

The silence and uncertainty has me seriously considering cashing in on the Trek figures I have to make space for something else in my display.

Picard thing was on Saturday. All the QmX announcements were before then. They had nothing left to say on Sunday.

Until they put a pre order up I wouldn't consider anything a lock.

The silence and uncertainty has me seriously considering cashing in on the Trek figures I have to make space for something else in my display.
Yeah it was. Who is to say they didn't immediately hear about it through back channels as soon as they got there? Maybe they had our answers and said," wait a minute. Lets hold off. We just heard...We need to reevaluate".

Sorry this has taken so long - the QMx CEO wanted to give you considered answers to the questions and he did this all himself. The questions have been collated and boiled down to the essentials so as not to be repetitive. So here are Andy Gore's answers to your questions.

1. How long does it take from concept to released figure?
Every figure is different. Getting things right is always our first priority, and if a figure has an elaborate costume, natural-looking hair and a custom body, it can several times longer than a figure that doesn’t.

This is the reason we’ve been adamant about not taking orders until a figure is within a few weeks of shipping. We don’t feel it’s right that collectors have to wait months to get something they’ve paid for. We will continue to do what we can to keep that from happening.

2. Do you scan actors for figures? Will you in the future?
We use all available reference, from screen caps to scans. It’s been our experience, however, that a head scan doesn’t always produce a sculpt that looks like that actor playing a particular character. An actor’s craft can change their appearance. So what an actor looks like in real life and what you see on screen can be vastly different.

The best result will always come from using what reference is available as a starting point, then focusing your efforts on matching what we all see on screen. That is, after all, what we all want.

4. Any chance QMx would do ¼ scale figures?
While it’s too early to share details, we are actively looking at ¼ scale. If there’s a particular character/property you’d like to see us do, please let us know!

5. Any chance of doing accessories packs for existing figures? Additional accessories or clothing sets or head sculpts?
6. Will you release costume sets from Star Trek?
7. Will there be accessory packs for Supernatural?
We’re always looking for ways to better serve our customers. We evaluated doing accessory packs, and at this time, total demand isn’t high enough to reach the minimums we’d need to make it work. However, we will continue to look at what’s possible, and perhaps when some of our lines are filled out, we’ll revisit accessory packs.

8. Will Picard have a Captain’s Chair?
Right now our singular focus is getting more figures out. Once we’ve managed to build out our lines for each license we’re supporting, you can be sure we’ll be looking at many ideas for set pieces.

9. Will you do another Dean, preferably from Season 1?
Castiel and Sam come first. Once that’s done, we will revisit Dean. Of course, we’ll also need to look at Bobby, Mary, Crowley, Lucifer, Ruby. Thing is, as long as there’s interest, we’re not in danger of running out of subjects for Supernatural figures anytime soon.

10. Will you do figures for Abrams Trek, such as the Pine Kirk shown previously?
We love Star Trek and have secured 1:6 rights for all movies, TV shows and animation. For those of you who’ve been following QMx for a while, you might remember our practical effects division did props and set pieces for three of JJ Abrams’ films. So, yes, you can fully expect us to do all things Trek, including those films. But first, we need to finish our TOS line.

11. What are your Star Trek Discovery plans in 1:6?
See my answer above. We love Trek and will do everything Trek, when time allows.

12. Will you make more TOS Kirk and Spock?
We do not announce products before they’re done. In fact, we will probably start showing fewer works-in-progress as we don’t want to get collectors excited for something that might still be years away.

Having said that, we want to be All Things Trek when it comes to 1:6, which you can read as we’re not done with TOS Kirk and Spock.

13. Will TNG 1:6 continue? If so, when?
Yes, but not right now. First, we’ve committed to finishing the TOS line. After that, you can expect to see us return to TNG.

14. Will Firefly 1:6 continue?
Yes, absolutely. We have several other figures in development, and as soon as we clear a few things already in the queue, we will return to Serenity and her crew.

15. When will Sam and Castiel be available?
You can expect the next Supernatural figures to hit in 2019.

16. Will you do more Supernatural after Sam and Castiel?
As long as there are enough customers interested in Supernatural, we will continue to produce the figures you ask for.

17. Will you release Justified Raylan?
Sadly, with the show out of production, demand for this figure has all but evaporated. And there are simply figures that more customers want that are taking priority. Of course, we’ll never say never, and if interest in this figure returns, we will be ready to produce a fine Raylan.

18. Will you be doing more 80s classic movies like Princess Bride? (Supergirl and Lost Boys suggested)
Yes, and the 70s, too. But we’re not ready to announce anything specific at this time.

19. Will you do:

a. Westworld?
b. Galaxy Quest?
c. Buffy?
d. Angel?
e. Charmed?
f. Lost Boys?
g. Supergirl (80s)?
h. New Battlestar Galactica ?
i. Old BSG?
j. The Expanse?
See above. We have a number of new properties being developed right now in our 1:6 workshop, but nothing we’re ready to announce.

This is important: We’re trying to set expectations realistically. That means until you see a figure listed on the website with price and availability, it’s not real. If we show something at a trade show, it’s because we’re gathering feedback. Not because we’re announcing a product. It’s up to you if you want to think us displaying an early prototype is equivalent to a formal product announcement. But if you do, the only one who’ll be disappointed is yourself.

20. Have you considered doing videogame licenses, specifically Witcher 3?
We have lots of rights holders approaching us to do their characters. But right now, we have to be careful not to overcommit. So, are we looking at video game properties? Yes. But as of this moment, we have nothing specific to announce.

21. Any anime figures planned?
We love anime, but we currently have no plans for 1:6 figures from any anime property.

22. When is Pennywise coming out?
You can expect to see him ship in 2019. Stay tuned for a formal announcement.

23. When will we see aliens from Star Trek?
This is something we definitely want to do, but we have no specific announcements at this time.

Ahhh. Finally some answers. So ill just sit here peacefully and wait for Sulu and Scotty.

Happy to read that they'll make figs form 70's and 80's movies. What seminal films from the 70's can we think of? The Exorcist!

About as non-committal as I expected, but still nice to hear that the Trek line will be continuing and they have plans for many more figures.

Of course there has to be a level of non-committal answers with the canned "never say never" or "we'll see", but I found most of the questions to have pretty definitive answers. Release years on Supernatural and Pennywise, TOS crew completion, Serenity absolutely continuing, Raylan a no. As he said, they keep things pretty close to the cuff to not over promise and keep expectations in check. Wish HT and Howard would do this. Hate PO'ing something just to wait a year and a half or see something that we all know will never see the light of day.

Thanks to QMX for answering these questions... though the commitment to “finishing” the ST:TOS line before continuing other Trek series has me wondering... Are they including characters beyond the ‘main seven’ crew, like Nurse Chapel and Yeoman Rand? Really? Before any of the other shows’ captains? Or super-popular characters like Data, Worf, Seven, or any Discovery crew? And what about those TWOK prototypes we’ve seen?
Not complaining mind you, it just surprises me a bit.

Back