Q&A with Hot Toys by MFC @ Toy Soul 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not a lot of new information but thought I'd share anyways.

- Hulkbuster will be MMS + Includes Mark 43 head
- They are working on other characters from Age of Ultron
- Age of Ultron figures at Toy Soul were early prototypes
- They have early plans right now of recreating some of the early Mark suits in Diecast due to the great response to the Mark 3 Diecast figure
- No Plans for any other Batman vehicles as of now
- Batman Returns figure to be announced soon
- Rambo and Rocky figure are being considered
- They are focusing on the Original Star Wars Trilogy and will be announcing new figures soon
- Since Sideshow has done 3PO and R2 already, they will consider it in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is exciting. i really want a hottoys Quicksilver and Scarlet witch! and maybe Maria Hill will get a figure this time around.

Still considering Rocky and Rambo. Last time it was in the approval process. Before that it was 'should be a DX'. I hope this latest means we'll see them this year.

Good news, especially the Hulkbuster with head reveal and the fact that the Avengers were early prototypes. Looking forward to seeing the next Star Wars figures (hopefully Luke, Leia and maybe Lando). Hope the Batman Returns fig is Catwoman. About time for new Rocky and Rambo figs. I'd like Rocky I & III with a better sculpt, more accurate body height and a fight-damaged portraits. Clubber and Apollo still hold up reasonably well for me, although an Apollo from Rocky I would be cool and well as fight-damaged portraits. However would like a new Ivan Drago, the first one is horrible. I've been holding out for a new Rambo or two.

Would have been nice to have gotten some answers on other questions: Is the '66 Batmobile still coming, and what about other figures in that line? Status of GotG Drax? Chrome Terminator Endo and TX endo? Aliens? Doc from BTTF? Oh well, you can't get it all.

Every time there's a new interview it seems like the interviewer doesn't push for definitive answers. If it were me, I'd be like 'sorry, but that isn't good enough. You have been talking about that license for years now, the fans deserve an answer.'

These interviews mean sweet F all anyway. Even if for once the questions were non-marvel related you'd still get nothing but ''maybe'' and ''soon, stay tuned for the next 5 years''

I'm happy to hear about hulkbuster and the mark 43 head and rocky and Rambo to be honest.

But does "no Bat vehicles" mean the 66 is dead? The question didn't mention the 66 though - so it's ambiguous.

And the interviews are most likely via email, so the opportunity for follow-up is nil.

These interviews mean sweet F all anyway. Even if for once the questions were non-marvel related you'd still get nothing but ''maybe'' and ''soon, stay tuned for the next 5 years''

A lot of folks would say it's a good thing that Chan grants interviews at all.

Not me. Air has more substance.

They come across as a vacuous corporation with their reputation for customer service and interaction with their customer base. Other newer upstarts like Star Ace are putting them to shame in that regard, Asmus too. The fact that they are actively seeking and altering sculpts based on feedback is truly amazing.

They come across as a vacuous corporation with their reputation for customer service and interaction with their customer base. Other newer upstarts like Star Ace are putting them to shame in that regard, Asmus too. The fact that they are actively seeking and altering sculpts based on feedback is truly amazing.

How good are those Star Ace figures!

it would have been more fun if he asked about the prometheus figures.

would you like to buy a vowel mr. chan?

That's not necessarily a fair comparison. Hot Toys and Sideshow don't really need publicity and have to plan so far in advance they really don't have the luxury of soliciting feedback. Smaller companies have fewer lines and it's in their interest to get their names and products in front of the public as much as possible.

I love their Potter line so far. The real tester is if they put their stamp on a license other companies have done before, like a Schwarzenegger property.

Back