Premium Format Punisher Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See, this is the problem with peeps that say the Com is too short. According to Marvel, DP is actually taller than Frank. It's obvious by this pic that Frank is larger than 1/4 scale. SSC's PF scale seems to be all over the place.

Well, only one way to know for sure...measure the actual figures

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

Well, only one way to know for sure...measure the actual figures

I don't own the Punisher PF so measuring him is not an option.

Punisher's base looks higher

The base may be a little higher but not by half a head. The bases look almost even in the pic yet Punisher is easily a half a head taller than the DP PF. Honestly, I don't care when SSC decides to make characters a little more grand by making them slightly larger than 1/4 scale. Batman, Cap, and the original Spidey Com are all slightly larger 1/4 pieces and that adds to their epic stature. However, when you put them next to true 1/4 pieces or slightly smaller 1/4 pieces, it does cause for some display problems. There is no way Frank should be taller than Wade at all. Certainly not by half a head. Either way, it's nice to see SSC deliver on this new Punisher PF. It was a bit off for me so I passed, but SSC certainly delivered on their end. The pics I've seen so far look just like the proto pics we were shown. Anybody who liked and ordered the new Punisher PF has to be happy with the end results.

The base may be a little higher but not by half a head. The bases look almost even in the pic yet Punisher is easily a half a head taller than the DP PF. Honestly, I don't care when SSC decides to make characters a little more grand by making them slightly larger than 1/4 scale. Batman, Cap, and the original Spidey Com are all slightly larger 1/4 pieces and that adds to their epic stature. However, when you put them next to true 1/4 pieces or slightly smaller 1/4 pieces, it does cause for some display problems. There is no way Frank should be taller than Wade at all. Certainly not by half a head. Either way, it's nice to see SSC deliver on this new Punisher PF. It was a bit off for me so I passed, but SSC certainly delivered on their end. The pics I've seen so far look just like the proto pics we were shown. Anybody who liked and ordered the new Punisher PF has to be happy with the end results.

I should have him Wednesday I'll measure him. Still would like a Daredevil, Ghost Rider and Moon Knight to go with him

Just got punisher. I am missing the knife handle thing that goes with the boot area. It's ok piece. Hope I can get the replacement for it.

There can be shrinkage of the statue depending on the molding process used from the original sculpt and this can be quite a large % loss of the original version. Punisher should be 6'1" and not 5'4" like the com is - but Sideshow does err with the size of 1:4 scale, for example the Thor PF is humongous and the Arnie Conan is a midget and whether this is deliberate, ignorant or a part of the manufacturing process I guess we'll never know.

There can be shrinkage of the statue depending on the molding process used from the original sculpt and this can be quite a large % loss of the original version. Punisher should be 6'1" and not 5'4" like the com is - but Sideshow does err with the size of 1:4 scale, for example the Thor PF is humongous and the Arnie Conan is a midget and whether this is deliberate, ignorant or a part of the manufacturing process I guess we'll never know.

Well, we have gone back and forth on the scale of the Punisher Com a few times before. The facts don't change. Frank is 6'1". That means he's 73" tall. At 1/4 scale he should be exactly 18.25" in height. At 1/5 scale he would be 14.6" tall. The Com is 16.5" in height. This not an opinion, this is a fact. I own him and measured him. Peeps can take pics of him next to other slightly larger 1/4 scale PFs and call him a midget all they want, it doesn't change the facts. The Com is roughly 1/4.5 scale. He's almost 2 whole inches larger than 1/5 scale. I'll even go so far as to say the Punisher Com is a better and more accurate match scale wise to the DP PF than the new Punisher PF. I have my Punisher Com set up right next to my DP PF and he looks righteous. When it's all said and done, the Punisher PF should be 18.25". If he's bigger than that, he's bigger than 1/4 scale.

As to the reasons why SSCs scale is all out of wack with their PFs, I think you are right. We'll never really know.

Well, we have gone back and forth on the scale of the Punisher Com a few times before. The facts don't change. Frank is 6'1". That means he's 73" tall. At 1/4 scale he should be exactly 18.25" in height. At 1/5 scale he would be 14.6" tall. The Com is 16.5" in height. This not an opinion, this is a fact. I own him and measured him. Peeps can take pics of him next to other slightly larger 1/4 scale PFs and call him a midget all they want, it doesn't change the facts. The Com is roughly 1/4.5 scale. He's almost 2 whole inches larger than 1/5 scale. I'll even go so far as to say the Punisher Com is a better and more accurate match scale wise to the DP PF than the new Punisher PF. I have my Punisher Com set up right next to my DP PF and he looks righteous. When it's all said and done, the Punisher PF should be 18.25". If he's bigger than that, he's bigger than 1/4 scale.

As to the reasons why SSCs scale is all out of wack with their PFs, I think you are right. We'll never really know.

Yes but you just said that the Deadpool PF looks good next to the com at 16.5 inches. If Frank at 1/4 scale is supposed to be 18.25, and Deadpool looks good next to a figure that is a little larger than 1/5th scale then perhaps the Punisher PF isn't the problem.

Yes but you just said that the Deadpool PF looks good next to the com at 16.5 inches. If Frank at 1/4 scale is supposed to be 18.25, and Deadpool looks good next to a figure that is a little larger than 1/5th scale then perhaps the Punisher PF isn't the problem.

Just measured out Wade. He isn't 1/4 scale. He's slightly smaller. Wade is 6'2" and should clock in at 18.5" at 1/4 scale. He actually measures out at about 17.25". I rounded up slightly because of his awkward head twist. Houston, we have a problem. I'm still curious as to how tall the new Punisher PF is. If he's taller than 18.25" he'll really look huge next to the Com. As it stands, he's going to look off next to DP by being at least an inch off at 1/4 scale. That would make Frank at least 4 inches taller than Wade at full scale. Man, the PF scale is all over the place. Let's not even get started on Green Lantern.

Pics look great. Is yours a reg? If so, does the left hand still come off?

I might pick up a reg, but I want to make sure I can still get some of the customs coming out for this.

Thinking of doing the same thing Kris and also wanted to know if the regular version will have the same removable head and left hand as the EX? Spazzy is currently working on some proto custom pieces so that would totally justify picking one of these up in the coming months...I was so wrong about disliking the headsculpt when this piece was first released for PO...just looks so awesome in the inhand pics and Sideshow totally nailed this one!!!

No offense to any one who has this piece, but I think the best part about this is the base... Not a fan of how the figure looks...the comiquette looks amazing and wish I grabbed one back in the day..........

Thinking of doing the same thing Kris and also wanted to know if the regular version will have the same removable head and left hand as the EX? Spazzy is currently working on some proto custom pieces so that would totally justify picking one of these up in the coming months...I was so wrong about disliking the headsculpt when this piece was first released for PO...just looks so awesome in the inhand pics and Sideshow totally nailed this one!!!

That was a reg in those pics, and the left hand is removable...confirmed!

Just measured out Wade. He isn't 1/4 scale. He's slightly smaller. Wade is 6'2" and should clock in at 18.5" at 1/4 scale. He actually measures out at about 17.25". I rounded up slightly because of his awkward head twist. Houston, we have a problem. I'm still curious as to how tall the new Punisher PF is. If he's taller than 18.25" he'll really look huge next to the Com. As it stands, he's going to look off next to DP by being at least an inch off at 1/4 scale. That would make Frank at least 4 inches taller than Wade at full scale. Man, the PF scale is all over the place. Let's not even get started on Green Lantern.

GL rocks!!

So does Deadpool!!

GL rocks!!

So does Deadpool!!

Without a doubt. I have both of them. My number 1 rule is that I have to like the way a statue looks in order for me to purchase it. I also have to really like the character. Scale is important to me, however SSC can't keep its scale uniform on PFs. So, I just try to mix and match pieces that are close in scale so that my collection doesn't look off. The can be a challenge sometimes because certain characters fit better together than others. As great as GL looks to me, I still have to find a way to fit him in a JLA PF line up. Knowing SSC though, they'll release a slightly smaller than 1/4 scale Green Arrow, Aquaman, or Flash PF (or some other member of the JLA) and I'll display GL next to that piece. So long as the PFs look good, I'll find a way to make them work in my collection.

No offense to any one who has this piece, but I think the best part about this is the base... Not a fan of how the figure looks...the comiquette looks amazing and wish I grabbed one back in the day..........

No way dude...the best part about this statue are his cauliflower ears, and his Don Corleone hairstyle. Love it!

No way dude...the best part about this statue are his cauliflower ears, and his Don Corleone hairstyle. Love it!

Hahahaha... Well my issue is that he looks like a shorter haired Steven segal.... But I don't have him In have so I can't be too much of a judge...love the AA12 tho...wish they sold that bad boy to the public :)

Hahahaha... Well my issue is that he looks like a shorter haired Steven segal.... But I don't have him In have so I can't be too much of a judge...love the AA12 tho...wish they sold that bad boy to the public :)

DON'T DISS SEGAL!!!! It's criminal that he doesn't have an academy award yet. Maybe a lifetime achievement award in the future?

Actually, I used to watch all the Segal movies (under siege, above the law, glimmer man, on deadly ground, out for justice...so many classics) with my dad when I was younger, so they have sentimental value :lol

Back