Premium Format Punisher Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually Darren, I was correct on the PO date, and I even said SS possibly would exclude the head. One cannot guarantee what the price is, since everyone knows that SS determines that late before releasing anything. I think I even stated that. We've been discussing this thread for weeks now. So don't come on here all of a sudden and call someone out. You can call BS all you want.....and no one cares because you havent been prt of tis discussion till now. No ones trying to hedge anything, just passing on info to people on here as I hear it.

You were saying something? And no. And common sense tells me that Sideshow does not decide the price at the last minute. It is easy to make predictions and pass it off as inside info if you include the word "maybe" in every claim. Did you ask your friend if the interchangeable gun will be up on Thurs as well? :wink1:

According to my friend at SS, it loks like its coming sometime this Summer. No they're not doing a trenchcoat version. It'll be with the battle damaged head, "clean" clothing, basic skull base and maybe an interchangable gun. I saw it a few weeks ago and it's awesome looking. If you're a true Punisher fan, you'll love this classic look.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I get the whole anger towards one member. Perhaps he posted incorrect stuff, but seems to have some inside contact, who probably is the ultimate one to blame for the faulty info. Or, as some have said, the production process is long and maybe at one time they were considering the BD head, as they obviously sculpted it. I would think more people would be mad at SSC's for offering another lackluster EX option at a price point that is getting too high, especially for characters like Punisher with a "any person could make this" base. The ROTLA Indy years ago was a lot less than this and still looks better than most SSC's statues. And the base is far more impressive than most bases. What's next for PF's, the bases with the little metal arm like for 1/6th style.

I haven't followed the thread religiously, BUT what I HAVE read from you has been pretty much on point. As for the Ex I hope you are right because the guys here want it.

Personally, I won't be buyin this COH or no. There is something about the regular head that is throwing me off, that and I don't really have a connection to the Punisher. In fact I don't think I have EVER read a full Punisher comic.

If you had been following the thread closely. He claims to have inside info but was wrong about:

1. The preorder date
2. What was included in the EX
3. The price

Yeah I don't get it. You can hate on trolls, but don't hate on people trying to be helpful. Nobody knows anything for sure until SSC post it on their site, so you cant expect Punishment to be right on every count AND not hedge.

Hey I have inside info and heard that the Magneto PF is maybe going to debute at SDCC 2013. Don't kill me if it gets delayed until SDCC 2014, 2015, or 2016. The EX looks killer it might be an interchangeable helmetless head or it might be an exclusive base or maybe even a lightup exclusive. There are so many possibilities so don't blame me if the EX turns out to be super lame. The price is going to be $400.00 but it may change.

How's that for a prediction? :wink1:

Considering they are charging $10 more for this, the head must be the reason why. It seems a little too soon to raise the price of the average Premium Format.

The Baroness classic version is $360 and doesn't include the switch out gun like the ex did for $350.

The stone-cold, ruthless killer look isnt so intimidating when you are wearing fluffy Black pajamas.

or maybe it's the fans wanting too much? :dunno

Honestly, this price loses when you compare Punisher PF to, for example, Nathan Drake PF.
In this one, you have a PF or regular size, with a simple base, a simple pose and good clothing. Drake PF has a regular size, dynamic pose, more complex base and more intricated clothing.
And Drake is at 10$ less.
Now, were we talking about different products of different manufacturers, I could just think "ok, different selling strategies".
But these are of the same manufacturer, same line and seriously one should think "how de hell do they choose" the price, looks like a random decision.

Honestly, this price loses when you compare Punisher PF to, for example, Nathan Drake PF.
In this one, you have a PF or regular size, with a simple base, a simple pose and good clothing. Drake PF has a regular size, dynamic pose, more complex base and more intricated clothing.
And Drake is at 10$ less.
Now, were we talking about different products of different manufacturers, I could just think "ok, different selling strategies".
But these are of the same manufacturer, same line and seriously one should think "how de hell do they choose" the price, looks like a random decision.

it's not considering the licensing costs and all that

Well, there's two choices: believe someone or don't. No one forced anyone. However, if someone claims to have inside info, they are kind of in the "don't shoot the messenger" status. I seriously doubt he just made it up; he's source probably just had his facts wrong.

Well, there's two choices: believe someone or don't. No one forced anyone. However, if someone claims to have inside info, they are kind of in the "don't shoot the messenger" status. I seriously doubt he just made it up; he's source probably just had his facts wrong.

Don't get me wrong I'm not mad or anything. I just wanted to point out inaccurate info. If you ever visited the Poison Ivy thread collectors were up in arms when a member claimed to have visited a SS factory and Poison Ivy looked like ****. I think some members even cancelled theirs :lol People were asking for him to be banned. But for some reason this fella gets the benefit of the doubt.

And common sense tells me that you would stop believing your source if the info was wrong. You don't ask for more info and pass it off as fact.

Theres gotta be a jerk in every thread. Of course, when you sit behind a computer all day with a bag of cheetos pointing out every flaw out there, what do you expect?

You are just as bad with your insults as you are with your insider info :wink1:
Just to correct you I love pointing out BS.

:dunno Anyway we can get back on track. So it looks like (after reading the pages) that the majority wants the EX head, no matter if the uniform is "dirty" or "bloodied". Has SSC's EVER listened at this point, prior to full-blown production and added a EX head? I know with ToD PF Indy came out, it was kind of a surprise they added an additional arm, which I don't think was shown in the initial PO.

I never planned to use the ex head anyway. I would have liked a switch out hand holding a gun instead of the knife.

:dunno Anyway we can get back on track. So it looks like (after reading the pages) that the majority wants the EX head, no matter if the uniform is "dirty" or "bloodied". Has SSC's EVER listened at this point, prior to full-blown production and added a EX head? I know with ToD PF Indy came out, it was kind of a surprise they added an additional arm, which I don't think was shown in the initial PO.

Darth Malgus and GL would be the one that comes to mind for me where changes we made from the initial PO after fans lost it. Initially there was no plan to have Malgus' hood be I stitched so it could come up, but they just updated the product page with that detail. For GL they adds a light up feature to the base, reg hand, and the Ex hand after the slow sales.

or maybe it's the fans wanting too much? :dunno

I don't think it's fans wanting too much when they showed a teaser of this jus a few weeks ago with the alt head. Add to that that the small knife as being the only EX is sort of lame no matter how you look at it. After shipping. 400.00 is a big price to pay. I hope they do include the head because I think this may end up being a hard piece for SSC to move if they don't.

Hence why they should hit it out of the ballpark for the license and the price.

Have to agree.

Darth Malgus and GL would be the one that comes to mind for me where changes we made from the initial PO after fans lost it. Initially there was no plan to have Malgus' hood be I stitched so it could come up, but they just updated the product page with that detail. For GL they adds a light up feature to the base, reg hand, and the Ex hand after the slow sales.

What did they change on the Darth Malgus????????

Malgus has the hood, plus light up feature on the armor, which is really really interesting imho. Great improvement.

Back