Punisher 2: Thomas Jane drops out

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i was hoping for a punisher 2 film..not looking good now.:emperor

i'd love to see how tarentino or frank miller would make a punisher film.

Icemizer said:
Forget the film lets get a series on HBO.

Now that is an idea. Maybe that will be how The Sopranos will end. Frank Castle busts in and blows the whole cast away.

Saddening news. Punisher was a good overall film, but I thought Jane's performance was great, I'm not familiar with comics, but his presentation was really well played. I can't imagine seeing a sequel without him as Castle.

Michael J. Fox needs to make a comeback as Frank Castle!

Actually, what I wouldn't do for a new Back to the Future movie.

That's what he was gonna change with this second film. They didn't want it, so he left. He's a fanboy. The good kind.

I really liked him as The Punisher. I know he wanted it to be a little more hard and dark like the comics, but they wouldn't allow it. The voice and the acting fit the character IMO, just was missing a great story to make you really "feel" the old school Frank we all know and love.

For a direct sequel, how about James Purefoy? He's a great British actor, who recently appeared in HBO's ROME. If he would seriously bulk up and could pull off a tough American accent, he would be the logical succesor to Thomas Jane. There is definitely a resemblance, and he naturally has black hair:

W8K6K6.jpg

Then again, there's always Bruce....

campbell_bruce.jpg

noooooooo.jpg

Goddamnit! Lionsgate, you are a bunch of ********ers!

Why?! WHY?!:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :mad: :banghead :censored

Last edited:
Jedi_Knight Rob said:
noooooooo.jpg

Goddamnit! Lionsgate, your are a bunch of ********ers!

Why?! WHY?!:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :mad: :banghead :censored
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It's a shame, I feel that Tom Jane is the best actor suited for this role, he's incredibly dedicated to the source material and is making an effort to put a depiction of the Punisher on the screen that will please the most diehard fans. At this point I think the franchise is dead. I hope it goes to another production company that is willing to make a kick ass Punisher movie.

this sucks because as a a native tampa resident who got to visit and see the movie being filmed i liked the first one a lot. its not the best comic movie made but it was pretty great. and Jane worked so freaking hard for the movie that it really offends me that he had to drop the sequel because lions gate are jackasses who don't know what the hell they're doing.

Back