Psylocke Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oops... kodachi is the short sword. No matter, the sword is too long. Nuff said.

We arent like those guys. :hi5: SSF > Statueforum :exactly:

And whats wrong with her eyebrows? lol

People are ripping it apart on both forums including the Thanos piece. There are aholes all over the place.

People are ripping it apart on both forums including the Thanos piece. There are aholes all over the place.

Well I guess I'm the AHole that started the whole thing about the eyebrows on StatueForum. I'm glad to see that when people try to offer constructive criticism we get called names. I read many posts (some on both) that criticized her face. "Not Asian enough", "Not pretty enough", "Butter Face".

How many times have I read MANY complaints on here (anyone remember The Black Queen statue, which I LOVE)? I don't recall seeing Allyson on here lately. As a collector (I even said I was going to order Psylocke regardless because I DO think it's a beautiful sculpt), and a professional hairstylist, I simply wanted to offer a critique of how her brows should look naturally and how it would open up and soften her features. Many people agree with the modified PICs, and as I said on SF, I hoped that Mark and Adam would take my suggestion for what it was.

I am not a Bowen brown noser, I use to only collect Bowen but now exclusively collect Sideshow as I find the majority of their sculpts and poses to my liking, plus I love the larger scale.

Having said all that... No never mind, I might get banned from a message board that I'm not sure I want to be a part of anyway.

:pfft:

I never said u where an Ahole. That was one of the least bad comments.

It was a general comment that all forums have them.

I know they all have them and I've read some doozy of posts. I guess I got a little sensitive since I don't normally express any opinion on pieces. The brows are such a small detail, I'm not sure the artists even paid attention that they didn't even cover the whole eye (at least the one showing, it stops half way over her eye). Anyway, I ordered it and it's done, however her brows turn out.

It was IMO a good observation. I cannot believe some of this stuff being posted about Thanos.

The sword is awesome, the statue is awesome. the price is awesome.

I'm glad i was able to P.O this but now i have to make a decision...4th Qtr is looking to be pretty pricey!

something may have to go considering there will prob be something comin out at SDCC this year that may also come out in the 4th Qtr or 1st Qtr 2011, sooo...what should i cancel?

ON P.O i have:

Legacy Studio's IM MK VI (keeping it)
Ms Marvel PF (Keeping it! )

Gambit PF...undecided
this new Psylocke...wanna keep it
BC LSB....Undecided

and like i said whatever SDCC brings us this year...Normally i wold keep it all but i have a big Fam and a lot of Christmas presents to buy every year :gah:

well imo, the MS Marvel and Gambit pieces are subpar imo, even if the sculpt are good the bases suck the big one imo. these two will be available for quite sometime in the aftermarket, if not from ssc.
as for the BC lsb, it's really well done but most likely will also be on second chance and for sale on the forums at a discount for 6 months to a year, while most if not all these Com ladies seem to be harder to get after release time, so i'd cancel any if not all of these in favour of the hughes or brooks line.

tough decisions lay ahead of you man. i have Gambit and MS Marvel on order but 90% sure i'm cancelling them.

I know they all have them and I've read some doozy of posts. I guess I got a little sensitive since I don't normally express any opinion on pieces. The brows are such a small detail, I'm not sure the artists even paid attention that they didn't even cover the whole eye (at least the one showing, it stops half way over her eye). Anyway, I ordered it and it's done, however her brows turn out.

imo, most of the complaints that people have aren't worth the bandwidth they take up, but on the other hand some comments are worth mentioning as in this case the eyebrows are kinda somewhat off and to be honest i wouldn't even of noticed them unless it was brought up on these forum.

as for getting banned...........well let's just say you'd have to do a hell of a lot worse than that.:exactly:

the eyebrows are kinda somewhat off and to be honest i wouldn't even of noticed them unless it was brought up on these forum.

:

it looks like she's supposed to be furrowing her brow. i'm sure it will look fine in person, it's hard to see the fine details in the photos.

well imo, the MS Marvel and Gambit pieces are subpar imo, even if the sculpt are good the bases suck the big one imo. these two will be available for quite sometime in the aftermarket, if not from ssc.
as for the BC lsb, it's really well done but most likely will also be on second chance and for sale on the forums at a discount for 6 months to a year, while most if not all these Com ladies seem to be harder to get after release time, so i'd cancel any if not all of these in favour of the hughes or brooks line.

tough decisions lay ahead of you man. i have Gambit and MS Marvel on order but 90% sure i'm cancelling them.

imo, most of the complaints that people have aren't worth the bandwidth they take up, but on the other hand some comments are worth mentioning as in this case the eyebrows are kinda somewhat off and to be honest i wouldn't even of noticed them unless it was brought up on these forum.

as for getting banned...........well let's just say you'd have to do a hell of a lot worse than that.:exactly:

You sure like to say imo.

Not all AH and Brook line comiquettes are hard to get on the second market. Other than Emma, MJ and eventually SW, you can get them for around the same price as what SS was offering them. Just dont go to your LCS unless you know they are fair with prices.

Well I guess I'm the AHole that started the whole thing about the eyebrows on StatueForum. I'm glad to see that when people try to offer constructive criticism we get called names. I read many posts (some on both) that criticized her face. "Not Asian enough", "Not pretty enough", "Butter Face".

How many times have I read MANY complaints on here (anyone remember The Black Queen statue, which I LOVE)? I don't recall seeing Allyson on here lately. As a collector (I even said I was going to order Psylocke regardless because I DO think it's a beautiful sculpt), and a professional hairstylist, I simply wanted to offer a critique of how her brows should look naturally and how it would open up and soften her features. Many people agree with the modified PICs, and as I said on SF, I hoped that Mark and Adam would take my suggestion for what it was.

I am not a Bowen brown noser, I use to only collect Bowen but now exclusively collect Sideshow as I find the majority of their sculpts and poses to my liking, plus I love the larger scale.

Having said all that... No never mind, I might get banned from a message board that I'm not sure I want to be a part of anyway.

:pfft:

It's nice to have input and perspectives from everyone, especially since your line of work makes you kind of an expert. I know some anatomists and surgeons who give constructive input regularly on art and scupture and some of them are brilliant artists themselves. (One of the most famous anatomy artists Netter was a doctor.) Everything is subjective, if everyone likes everything all the time they are probably lying to themselves. I guess many people get defensive when faced with differring opinions. If all opinions were just positive all the time, they must have been filtered to some degree and I'm sure the artists and sculptors realise that as well and some of them welcome constructive criticism, although they may not always agree with it.

Last edited:
I love it. I think its great on every level. I think the eyebrows were done the way they were to give her an expression of she thinks she might hear someone trying to sneak up on her, and it works imo. I like the face...it looks like an actual life-like person and not like a stiff plastic mannaquin like many female pieces tend to look. I wouldn't have compalined had they based her look on Teanna Kai though, the ideal real life chick to base a Psylocke off, if she must be based on a real life chick imo

teanna_kai.jpg

forget Kelly Hu and whatever other ho-hum pedestrian 'asians' you guys keep tossing around :lol

Last edited:
This is a very nice peice i may have to get one at some point. Sideshow did a awsome job with this one.

Oh, I am sure we ALL have some ass comment here and there...though there are a few who have more than others:):hi5:

You sure like to say imo.

Not all AH and Brook line comiquettes are hard to get on the second market. Other than Emma, MJ and eventually SW, you can get them for around the same price as what SS was offering them. Just dont go to your LCS unless you know they are fair with prices.

well IMO, i'm just not to sure why i do that.:pfft:

I first thought it was about time that a really nice Psylocke was made. I was expecting something on the order of Black Cat or Rogue...then I saw the pictures.

My first reaction was WTF is that? It remains my reaction.

There is no "Psy" in this Psylocke. Yes, she is 'Asian' but the WRONG 'Asian'. 'Asian' is like 'European' Would you say that Hispanics are completely interchangeable with Teutonics? A noob might. Besides, the "hot Asian chick" fetish is really getting old. Especially when the "chick" looks like a post-op T/S model.

A little Psylocke History:

Psylocke was originally one of the lamest characters of the X-Men. She had a huge cape and Kirby-esque armor. The only skin that showed was part of her face. After the response to Elektra...and her subsequent death in the Miller-Mazzucchelli years, someone at Marvel decided to remake their lame character (sister of Capt Britain, who has a different history before becoming Psylocke) into a 'hot Asian chick' (Japanese BTW). The result was a BLUE version of Elektra we recognize today. Her costume was specifically designed to show off T&A, hence the traditional thong outfit.

Part of the identity of this character is the thong...which this statue is sitting on. Nothing about this statue says "Psylocke" but the little sign. Sorry, try again.

Corrose's model choice is a lot closer to the comic character, except that Hu is also not Japanese.

I can't believe it sold out. No, This sculpt has definitely NOT made all Psy fans happy!

Haters rule! ;)

BTW "CANCELATION FEE APPLY"? What kind of English is that??

Last edited:
Back