Psylocke Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I've been a long time reader of this site, (and a longtime collector) but never joined til today, so hi :) I collect mostly the Marvel women, so when I heard Psylocke was coming, I was stoked. But, I gotta say, I am pretty disappointed. I totally agree with everyone who thinks the eyebrows are off. They make her look really hard, and not in a sexy warrior woman kind of way. :p I'm seriously hoping the face is modified a bit before SS sends these out. I love her, from the neck down- she's got a great base. keeping my fingers crossed....

welcome to the forum, and I'd agree with you that her face isn't feminine looking enough. It's that man jaw with no definition in the cheek bones that makes her look porky in a way especially when viewing her at an up angle.

This would help as well...

ddfff.jpg

Psy is a Japanese/hybrid character as reimagined by Jim Lee. The sculpt and finish on the Bowen looks a bit Chinese to this layman...

Courtesy of Endless Wake @ Statues.

OK, I've been a long time reader of this site, (and a longtime collector) but never joined til today, so hi :) I collect mostly the Marvel women, so when I heard Psylocke was coming, I was stoked. But, I gotta say, I am pretty disappointed. I totally agree with everyone who thinks the eyebrows are off. They make her look really hard, and not in a sexy warrior woman kind of way. :p I'm seriously hoping the face is modified a bit before SS sends these out. I love her, from the neck down- she's got a great base. keeping my fingers crossed....

Welcome. A fan girl collecting Marvel women = winner :hi5:

I also hope the price goes down. :pray:

I agree, not a fan of the tanning bed orange going on in that comparo....atleast on her face

I agree, not a fan of the tanning bed orange going on in that comparo....atleast on her face

Well, this is just an illustration, of course. We can discuss the proper shade/tint, but I don't think there's much to argue about regarding the original (re)appearance of the character. She was certainly not pale.

eree.jpg

But, I confess I'm a died in the wool Jim Lee fan, so to me his is the quintessential vision for this particular character.

Well, this is just an illustration, of course. We can discuss the proper shade/tint, but I don't think there's much to argue about regarding the original (re)appearance of the character. She was certainly not pale.

eree.jpg

But, I confess I'm a died in the wool Jim Lee fan, so to me his is the quintessential vision for this particular character.

That may be made down the line with the PF treatment of the rest of the X-men. Hopefully in 1/4 scale. I do like the tanned appearance more tho', and agree that she does look more Chinese than Jap. But it is what it is.....

eree.jpg

Why would you compare the comiquette to a Jim Lee version when it is done by Mark Brooks? :cuckoo:

eree.jpg

I here you when it comes to Jim Lee, But I want them to make a Storm like this one in the Pic :naughty

welcome to the forum, and I'd agree with you that her face isn't feminine looking enough. It's that man jaw with no definition in the cheek bones that makes her look porky in a way especially when viewing her at an up angle.

Thanks! I think you're absolutely right on the cheek bones and jaw line. She needs a few more "delicate" features, I think. A narrower jaw line would have been great. Oh well, I'll stop complaining- she'll be on my shelf anyway :eek:

She would be an awesome choice for a PF. Id be very surprised if she doesnt get re-visited in some way, in the next year or so. :pray:

I believe I answered that, Nash. Do you want me to look up quintessential for you..? :wave

Sorry I am with Nash...doesn't matter what the original look or the new look or whatever is...this is how Mark drew her so that is what you get. Don't like it, then don't order it but don't try to make it different then the source material.

Back