PS4 and XBOX720 specs leaked.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its always been this way.

QFE

I really don't believe we need improved graphics on the consoles. The gameplay is where it's at.

What we need is improved performance.
Higher, smoother framerates is what I hope they focus on.

Yeah I tend to agree. While it's always nice to have better graphics I think the next evolutions are going to be in AI.

well as a mega gamer I will be getting both consoles on launch.

PS4 and xbox720 exclusives a must have.

Im surprised you are willing to pay so much. I notice on a frequent basis you mock the ps3 and 360 graphics and play games on PC how they are meant to be played

enjoy replacing your machines inside 6 months.

Little secret from those of us who work inside the industry at varying levels.

NEVER BUY A CONSOLE DURING THE FIRST 6 MONTHS.

historically speaking, they're still fairly buggy at launch, and plagued with QC issues.

YES, you might get lucky and not have any issues. I myself had a launch XBOX 360 that never gave me a single problem until August 2011, when it finally stopped reading games.

Trust me, wait and let them find the issues with the machines, and replace them with an updated 1.1 version, or better.

Besides, launch game titles are generally pretty lackluster anyways.

People get too wrapped up in specs anyway. What matters at the end of the day is software coding efficiency. Just look at how much better some games look & play toward the end of a console lifespan than at the beginning... on the same tech. As developers get more familiar with the hardware, the games get better and even rival some PC games with technically superior specs. Because the game coding (and even the engines) becomes more efficient.

The reason consoles don't have the most advanced (and expensive) specs that PCs do... is because they don't need to.

I'm leaning towards waiting a year or two (after they come out) before I buy a new console. Why? Because with two kids I'm so far behind on games I want to play. I could probably write a list of 50 games that I want play right now. I have about 10 more that I started sitting on a shelf. I simply want to play the content but don't have time. It's a good problem to have though and I've been able to pick up games rather cheap. I just got Dead Island for $15 brand new.

I'm leaning towards waiting a year or two (after they come out) before I buy a new console. Why? Because with two kids I'm so far behind on games I want to play. I could probably write a list of 50 games that I want play right now. I have about 10 more that I started sitting on a shelf. I simply want to play the content but don't have time. It's a good problem to have though and I've been able to pick up games rather cheap. I just got Dead Island for $15 brand new.

I hear ya,

I have unopened copies of
Gears of war
Gears of War 2
Gears of war 3
Assassins creed Brotherhood
L.A. Noir
Fable 3
Red Dead Redemption

I still need to finish
Halo 4
Batman Arkham City
Telltale Games BTTF
Witcher 2
Star Wars the force unleashed 2
Dead Island
Modern warfare
Modern warfare 2
Modern warfare 3
Battlefield 3

and that's just off the top of my head, and this list dosn;t include games I don't own, but want to. that list is still pretty huge as well.

I pinned all the games I still need to finish on my Xbox and there's 24 - plus a load of PS3 games, a couple of Wii games and some PC games as well. And I need to catch up on classics like the Metal Gear series and Half Life 1 - trying to fill in the noticeable gaps in my gaming experiences. Also gotta play all the Professor Layton games, Wario Land, handheld Zeldas, and want to finish all the Arkham City challenges too.

Aaaaanyway. I'm not too fussed about specs because gameplay is where it's at. Mario Galaxy is one of the best games this generation and that's not even HD (which is a massive shame actually).

I hear ya,

Gears of war
Gears of War 2
Gears of war 3
L.A. Noir
Fable 3
Red Dead Redemption

I still need to finish
Halo 4
Batman Arkham City
Telltale Games BTTF
Witcher 2
Dead Island
Modern warfare
Modern warfare 2
Modern warfare 3
Battlefield 3

and that's just off the top of my head, and this list dosn;t include games I don't own, but want to. that list is still pretty huge as well.

The Force Unleashed 2 is only 4 hours so you can finish that easy.

I've got a ton of games on Steam to play, but they were hard to resist on sale so that's why they're there.

I hear ya,

Gears of war
Gears of War 2
Gears of war 3
L.A. Noir
Fable 3
Red Dead Redemption

I still need to finish
Halo 4
Batman Arkham City
Telltale Games BTTF
Witcher 2
Dead Island
Modern warfare
Modern warfare 2
Modern warfare 3
Battlefield 3

I have about 200 games on Steam I haven't touched yet. Granted, most of those are Indie games. Still, my backlog is epic.

I've lived too long playing video games to believe any rumors on new systems. Most rumors (if not all) are false when it comes to new consoles.

The Force Unleashed 2 is only 4 hours so you can finish that easy.

I've got a ton of games on Steam to play, but they were hard to resist on sale so that's why they're there.

I have about 200 games on Steam I haven't touched yet. Granted, most of those are Indie games. Still, my backlog is epic.

Like I said, that's just off the top of my head, AND I guess I should ad that's JUST my xbox games. :lol

Still haven't unpacked my ps3 games, or my ps2 and ps1 games, or my original xbox games... or wii... or gamecube...

PC......

I don't think i've finished a pc game since half life 2. :lol

You and me both! :duff

I am big gamer who have a gaming pc, gaming laptop, 3DS, and a Vita. I used to have a Nintendo Wii, but that console is just too "kiddy" for me. Have no plan to get the Wii U because I am sick of Mario and all the shovelware it gets! Ports don't count because I already have them! Zelda and Bayonetta 2 is not enough exclusive for me to bother wasting my money on a Wii U.

I am big gamer who have a gaming pc, gaming laptop, 3DS, and a Vita. I used to have a Nintendo Wii, but that console is just too "kiddy" for me. Have no plan to get the Wii U because I am sick of Mario and all the shovelware it gets! Ports don't count because I already have them! Zelda and Bayonetta 2 is not enough exclusive for me to bother wasting my money on a Wii U.

TWINS_320.jpg

Hardware in the new consoles isn't going to be the most top of the line PC hardware. That would make them way too expensive and besides, it doesn't need to be. The consoles are purpose built and don't have to run Windows and a million appilcations for different purposes.

Although for the first time in 15 years I'm going to have to buy a PC gaming rig.

Elite: Dangerous
Star Citizen

...the only two games I'm interested in over the next couple of years...

I bought my PS3 a month after launch and it lasted me two years running 24/7... got it fixed, then it lasted me 4 months, lol.

If I can fight the urge, I might hold off on the PS4 until an important game comes out, then buy a bundle... my new PC build I'll do this year will hold me off, I think.

Yeah, I'm quite hesitant to ever buy first day consoles. There's always issues and they come out with better, cheaper models within a year or so. I don't like having to buy the same console over and over. You spend almost more than you would on a great PC in the end.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:lol:lol:lol:rotfl

60 fps would be great, but developers always want to get as much as they can out of the hardware. They sacrifice 60 for more textures or geometry every time. Shooting for 30 instead. I think that regardless of power, they'll still aim for the best looking game at 30 fps they can make. Technically the 360 and PS3 are capable of 60 (see CoD).

Part names & Numbers makes me go ????

i don't know anything about Tech

so my noob question is, how much better the new gen consoles compared to the current ones? (Graphically speaking)

Well the 7670 GPU is a current generation graphics processor, not bad, about average. The 6670 is the last generation version of the same GPU, so maybe a bit slower but not by much. Both are significantly higher than what's currently in consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back