PS3 Price Drop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darth Caedus said:
Interesting....I might have to go for that. Still $499 though :monkey2

Yeah, but that's a pretty good price on a BR player. I'm gonna be seriously tempted to try to find one used at a good price in the next few months.

im still gonna wait a while before i get one. even though thats a great price the only thing i would use it for is to watch movies.... there are literally no games out for it that i want to play.

hairlesswookiee said:
im still gonna wait a while before i get one. even though thats a great price the only thing i would use it for is to watch movies.... there are literally no games out for it that i want to play.

Pretty much the same way I feel. All of the games I'd consider getting are available on the 360 as well.

But with the price drop, I'd hope to be able to find a used one for around $400 in a few months.

Nice this is gonna persuade a lot of people once "PS3 HOME" hits.I hope MS drops the price of the 360 as well(to rival this,cause the price of this and the elite is no contest you get a HD player for 20$ more) so i can grab a 360 as well.

I am going to wait even longer. I can live without a PS3. I can't think of a game I am dying to play on one so the 360 still has me. Blu Ray would be nice but I would rather have a stand alone player.

That's actually a reasonable price to me. More in line with the other systems although it's still expensive.

But again, there aren't really any good PS3 games, and I'm not really expecting any, maybe Lair, but I wouldn't buy a PS3 for that. They're supposed to have about 140 games to the US by the end of the year (although only 100 will be in regular stores) and I bet only like 10 of them will be PS3 exclusives.

even with the blu ray player i still think the price is high. of course thats just me being cheap...i hated paying for the 360. now if they were still throwing in some free stuff like a movie, dvd controller, and HDMI cable i'd be a happy camper.

FYI: Amazon's got a good deal. It's 499.99 SHIPPED! Plus comes with a free DVD BluRay remote and free Resident Evil 2 Blu Ray, plus you get to choose 5 other BluRays from a list. Figure one could sell the 6 BluRays for something and when you factor no shipping or tax it's gotta be cheaper than the X-Box Elite plus it's got the whole BluRay thing going for it.

Now for the free shipping you have to select the 10 day shipping but GTA 4 doesn't come out until October so for the life of me I don't know why anyone would need a system until then. (I kid! I kid! There's still Oblivion and Resistance.)

FYI: Amazon's got a good deal. It's 499.99 SHIPPED! Plus comes with a free DVD BluRay remote and free Resident Evil 2 Blu Ray, plus you get to choose 5 other BluRays from a list. Figure one could sell the 6 BluRays for something and when you factor no shipping or tax it's gotta be cheaper than the X-Box Elite plus it's got the whole BluRay thing going for it.

Now for the free shipping you have to select the 10 day shipping but GTA 4 doesn't come out until October so for the life of me I don't know why anyone would need a system until then. (I kid! I kid! There's still Oblivion and Resistance.)

hmmmm, that's a great deal....if only there were more games for it. i may bite on this offer though. :(

Looks like regular shipping is only $5.00 so if you order check the price of shipping before choosing the "free shipping" because for only $5.00 you'd get it a lot quicker.

the movies are limited to this list AND you can only order 1 from each category..read it carefully. With the price and remote and free shipping it's still a pretty good deal:

https://images.amazon.com/media/i3d/01/bd_summer_bundle-online_order_form.pdf

Last edited:
Yeah, excepting Blazing Saddles (and I wouldn't even keep that) they're all titles that I would sell/trade in without even opening. Still 6 times X dollars and a free remote, no tax, little to no shipping...

There might be a problem with the PS3 price drop.

It looks like they may be having the 60GB version at $500 until it sells out at which time the only available version will be the $600 80GB version (at least for the US)

Back