proof of concept HT USCM shoulderlamp

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks cool. Hurricane is fitting mine with a microswitch. Will post pics when he's done.

and it is done, big thumbs up to P@CK@R@CK ,i know just how fiddly this is, anyway heres Daves, rear panel is removable to access battery,switch is in place too.
HPIM0181.jpg

HPIM0182.jpg

HPIM0183.jpg

Nice Glenn! Really sweet! Let me know when you can take on more. I need 4 or 5 done.

Also any luck with the motion tracker? THAT looks tricky, mate.:cool:

Hurricane, get ready for more... I'm in for a couple too!!!

That looks awesome!

And if the tracker works, I'll take at least one of those too.

Looks like all we need left is to make the ammo read-out glow on the rifles.

Hurricane, get ready for more... I'm in for a couple too!!!

That looks awesome!

And if the tracker works, I'll take at least one of those too.

Looks like all we need left is to make the ammo read-out glow on the rifles.

And Rip's flamethrower, although that may be stretching it, but we did talk about it and hurricane responded, he can do just about anything....

Yeah, a fully functional flamethrower is a bit dangerous... at least to toys anyway. Not recommended.

Yeah, a fully functional flamethrower is a bit dangerous... at least to toys anyway. Not recommended.

:lol

NO, we just talked about making a metal tip and adding a "lighter" type end that could just burn pre-throw. The whole wick thing or fluid might be dangerous. But hey, even if its just for a few pictures, right?

We have time. First, we need the Queen...

but I am def sending hurricane a bunch of lamps (and a motion tracker when he cracks that too).

These lamps will looks great with the spinning siren and cage lights of the Power Loader. The whole aliens shelf will be lit up, with aliens hiding in the shadows...

pjam, you might as well get Bishop's case to light up as well. I know it has that "glow" paint on it but a serious light would be great and its certainly big enough to hold it easily. Plus, maybe Hurricane can even make a transparency that looks like his screen.

These lamps will looks great with the spinning siren and cage lights of the Power Loader. The whole aliens shelf will be lit up, with aliens hiding in the shadows...

pjam, you might as well get Bishop's case to light up as well. I know it has that "glow" paint on it but a serious light would be great and its certainly big enough to hold it easily. Plus, maybe Hurricane can even make a transparency that looks like his screen.

Whoa! You are "light years" ahead of me dude. :lol

I was just contemplating a "Not bad for a human" shot with Bish and Rip (with MF PS severed body) or a cropped pic with that grated flooring coming...

ps I think you'll need at least 3 lamps for proper effect

ps I think you'll need at least 3 lamps for proper effect

Three? Hmmm... Now which three?

I suppose I can always switch them around to whoever.

My gut says Hicks, Hudson and Vas for working lamps... but then Drake needs one. So maybe four.

Anyway, I'm so far behind you guys... I don't even have my heads repainted yet, let alone all the other work. I still have to decide ultimately how I will display characters like Vas and Drake who have the same gear, or Hicks and Hudson. I want them each to really stand out on their own so I might pose Vas with just her pistol, sans smart-gun... and maybe Hicks without helmet and lamp, more like he was later in the film. I don't know. I hate to waste the gear, but...

I got to watch the movie again and see what scene I want to try and emulate.

Yep, at least 3 I would think... as far as posing I have already posed my figs so many different ways I forget what they were but lots of guys like to get that one pose they love and leave it for display so I get that too. :D

Great work Hurricane, that mod turned out perfect!

OT but had to mention the ligthsabers you made over in the Star Wars section . . OMG!!! You are the master when it comes to electronics :emperor

i am seriously blown away!!

Me too Reiny, I think these lamps will definitely make the set come alive, especially with a warrior... and hurricane can do them for us at a reasonable price I'm sure. I'm sending at least 4 of mine to him and a motion tracker.

I highly recommend doing this guys, it is too F'N cool not to. :lol:cool:

Great work Hurricane, that mod turned out perfect!

OT but had to mention the ligthsabers you made over in the Star Wars section . . OMG!!! You are the master when it comes to electronics :emperor

HURRICANE MOTION TRACKER UPDATE:

From the man himself...

"as for the tracker yet to tackle that, but planned out in my head, i need to rewatch the scenes with it in so i can get the best effect."

Back