Prometheus Engineer Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is getting pretty expensive lately with the last month of stuff they've put out for pre-order and buying other things, like Patient Zero PF yesterday. I love the Alien stuff, but I don't love the constipated stance this statue has.

I think I might buy it IF he is able to wear the engineer helmet that was pictured beside it at CC.

prometheus-preview0813.jpeg
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/brands/...ineer-statue-preview/&utm_campaign=101013news

Last edited:
It looks like SS hasn't gone 1:4 on this so it's an auto fail as far as I'm concerned. What good is this if it's going to be the same size or slightly taller than a normal PF?
24 inches tall or they can put the one I would of ordered in their warehouse on giftcard forever.

If they didn't change the pose they just wasted a good license and will have this sitting in the warehouse indefinitely

Pose won't change, scale is still possible and I don't see why not. These are digital sculpts right? I don't know much about digital sculpting but I'm assuming a correction in scale is just the click of a button.

If it's already just under 1:4, why not add an extra inch and make it a true 1:4? I don't get the reasoning behind NOT doing that?

Anyway, I'm still on the fence about ordering this once I found out it was smaller than I thought. I'm ok with the pose, but I just hate small statues.

Chris

Last edited:
I don't know about digital sculpting and 3d printing either, but if they can change the scale with the click of a button they can spread those cankles out with a drag and drop while they are at it.
I'm not getting this if it's under 24" and it should really be more like 28" to be true to scale.

I agree with all of the above, I liked Prometheus despite the negative aspects and I'd love a nice engineer statue. I am only really interested in 1:4 scale up when it comes to smaller characters of late however and although I would consider a nice piece at a smaller scale, I wouldn't touch this with its current pose in any size.... who signed off on it really?! The legs are so close that they look fused together, very unnatural.

Last edited:
I agree with all of the above, I liked Prometheus despite the negative aspects and I'd love a nice engineer statue. I am only really interested in 1:4 scale up when it comes to smaller characters of late however and although I would consider a nice piece at a smaller scale, I wouldn't touch this with its current pose in any size.... who signed off on it really?! The legs are so close that they look fused together, very unnatural.

:goodpost: I don't get it either. It would b one thing if he actuall stood like that in the movie but I don't think he did. This is not the engineer I know

I keep coming back to these Engineer pics and I'm trying to love this piece despite its smaller scale. But the pose is killing it for me (not in a good way either). A more menacing/ threatening pose would've set this piece off! Who poses these things anyways?

A lot of people dislike the movie and now many will hate this statue. This means a slow sell out and the end of this line IMO. Sad really. I was so looking forward to this and possibly more from the Alien universe in 1/4 scale.

I was so looking forward to this and possibly more from the Alien universe in 1/4 scale.

I don't think it will directly affect the alien universe collectibles, but I fear you may be right about Prometheus. That said, the Engineer was the only character I would actually buy a statue of anyway. I hope they either revise or revisit him. Maybe with the full suit and a better pose.

I wouldn't buy that blue Deacon abortion. Who the **** designed and approved that for use in the film? There isn't an ounce of Giger in it, it's an embarrassing by product of a movie that didn't know what it wanted to be.

For those who are looking to buy this, it will be up for pre order next Thursday. Confirmation courtesy Of SSAlex over on SF.

For those who are looking to buy this, it will be up for pre order next Thursday. Confirmation courtesy Of SSAlex over on SF.

Will be previewed next Tuesday then up on Thursday.
Doesn't seem to be much interest in this so could be a nice low ES.

Yep. Sideshow seem to be giving a weeks notice as to what's up next, good move.
No interest in this character.

Yep. Sideshow seem to be giving a weeks notice as to what's up next, good move.
No interest in this character.

Me neither if the pose isn't altered, I agree though, a little more notice about pre orders is much appreciated if it is to be standard from now on.

Maybe I could use this for a custom Prometheus dio? Lay him down and sculpt his chest open with a custom (Neca?) Deacon bursting outta his chest!

Or maybe I'll just pass. :lol

Back