Action Figure Prog's Joe kitbashes- Breaker post 41, Law (WIP) on 55

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Prog's Joe kitbashes

I think it looks good. It has the look of a real-world Cutter and not over the top.

Python Patrol Officer bash

Here is a quick shot of my Python Patrol Officer. I've got another coat of paint or two to apply to the knee pads, plus some finidhing detail to the boots. I'm debating whether the red logo is a necessity and also how to achieve the snake pattern to the harness and pouches. otherwise its pretty much done.

Thanks! I probably will mix acrylic with fabric medium and just dab it on. The other thing I could try is using a wax crayon to make the pattern, then dye the fabric and hopefully the dye doesn't soak where the crayon is. I'm really not sure.

Looks great, Prog! Don't think I've seen this done before. I like the more muted look of the mustard yellow gloves. The way I see it you've got two options for the scale print.

-You can draw it one fainted with a pencil and just go over it paint OR colored pencil. Yes, colored pencil.

or

-Give yourself a couple hours and cut out individual diamonds from masking tape and put them over the straps and bits in the desired pattern and then hit everything with some spray paint from a foot or so away.

The second way will give a neat fading in/out look but it's much more time consuming cause you gotta get it masked just right.

my brothers and I had the Killer Whale. I didn't even remember what it was called. I loved the depth charges it had. I always used to take it into the pool.

Re: Python Patrol Officer bash

Here is a quick shot of my Python Patrol Officer. I've got another coat of paint or two to apply to the knee pads, plus some finidhing detail to the boots. I'm debating whether the red logo is a necessity and also how to achieve the snake pattern to the harness and pouches. otherwise its pretty much done.

Its looking great. Are going to paint the Cobra logo red or are you getting decals from EVILFACE?

Last edited:

Awesome :rock

pythonofficer.jpg

Here is my latest kit bash. Pretty straight forward Doc, but it took me ages to finally call it finished. The gloves are nontraditional, but I think it adds character and makes mine a little different.

I said its finished, but I may dye the pants one day. Who knows.

Here's my current WIP. Frostbite. I'm taking some liberties. Namely instead of the shoulder holster I am doing a hip and will have a knife on his shoulder in its place. Not sure if anyone is familiar with this set from Hasbro I am using for pants and jacket, but the jacket looks more like a lab coat than anything. :slap

Not shown in the pic so far I have removed the buttons and the hood and removed the elastic from the cuffs. Will be adding a micro zipper and of course the fur. Will also be shortening the jacket and padding it out to look more like a jacket. Lot more work than I normally put into a custom, but will be a fun challenge. Anyway, I like the head sculpt and the progress so far seems promising.

Any tips on the jacket?

I still haven't finished the above Frostbite, but here is my simple kitbash for Outback.

90% of this figure is based on extra parts from other figures. Rifle, belt and back pack are all from the Hawk. Shirt is from Storm Shadow. Body is TTA. Pants from Beachhead. Unknown boots.

If I get some extra cash I may change to a TTM and get to more traditional t-shirt. In the meantime this works but I don't want to ruin the SS shirt by stamping "Survival" across it. :lol

Prefer a traditional backpack, but best I've got for now. Don't think the Dusty pack would work.

I plan on using the SS version of RnR for the head....

Whatcha think?

Gotta have the survival.

the RnR sculpt would be a nice sculpt to fit... provided he turns to a ginger.

Not bad so far. He does need a larger muscular body though. I can make a Survival stencil.

Cut them sleeves Prog, but other than that he looks great! Too bad the Ron Jambo head is hard to find, since MANDO's Outback that's all I can see is Sly.

Not bad so far. He does need a larger muscular body though. I can make a Survival stencil.

That would be kick ass if you do!

The more I think about it the more I do need to go with a traditional t shirt and the TTM.

I'm sure I can find a use for the TTA so its not like its a complete waste of money.

Cut them sleeves Prog, but other than that he looks great! Too bad the Ron Jambo head is hard to find, since MANDO's Outback that's all I can see is Sly.

It really does deserve a seperate head sculpt than the SSC RnR, huh? Hair is too short and such. Maybe I should have voted for Outback in Skis poll after all. :lol

Back