Product Enterprise Surprise

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Their site is finally back up. The "site redesign" consists mainly of having removed all reference to the Hammer line and that original futuristic space ladies design, whatever it was called -- Space Vixens? They've apparently merged with a prop replica company.

Also, no more mention of their coming 12" Tom Baker Doctor Who figure.

Who North America has Spacesuit David Tennant Doctors from Character Options for $20 now.

Ain't that a kick in the balls. No 12" Baker. The Space:1999 gun and comlock are interesting, but the merger seems like a conservative move. Means less interesting product, coming out slower.

It'll be a huge shame if the Tom Baker figure doesn't get released as it looked amazing.

I'm sorry the "Space Vixens" and Dr Who 1/6th have gone the way of all things. I was hoping they might do some more Gerry Anderson 12" figures also as I would have like to see an Interceptor pilot, which seems a little unlikely now. Looks like PE 1/6th is dead. Sad thing as I'm really happy with my Lt. Ellis. I think they could have done some great things.
No new diecast either it looked like, just some retooled Daleks in the new and upcomming products listing.
Ah well, making collectors toys is a tough business to make a living at and I respect anyone who tries something different. Maybe working with another entity was a "conservative" decision for PE, but it beats heck out of closing up shop.

chamildav said:
I'm sorry the "Space Vixens" and Dr Who 1/6th have gone the way of all things. I was hoping they might do some more Gerry Anderson 12" figures...

Ditto - would've liked a Straker and a UFO pilot too. Might keep PE in business but I'm bitterly, bitterly disappointed at the dropping of the 1/6th Classic Who line. I hope someone else takes up the challenge.

Still, companies moving away from 1/6th scale for more expensive high-end collectibles ain't nothing new round here :(

Nick

"Still, companies moving away from 1/6th scale for more expensive high-end collectibles ain't nothing new round here :( Nick[/QUOTE]"

Bidness' is bidness'. I'm happy for every frikin' doll I've wanted and been able to get that SSC etc. have offered. Sadly at some point the folks offering this stuff have to worry about feeding the cat so they have to take a look at the bottom line. The 1/6th offerings are nice for as long as they last. Sad we who collect this stuff are such a small group. It's a lot easier for SSC or PE to turn a profit selling a few hundred statues or prop replicas at a fairly high price point than find enough collectors to make a profit on 1/6th scale offerings that need to be produced in the high hundreds to low thousands.
It just seems wrong somehow that a practical component exists in making toys.

I have no interest in a Baker statue. Oh well - 1/6th is dead, or at least is coughing up blood...

I'm very sorry to learn there will be no Space Vixens in my future.

Darklord Dave said:
Oh well - 1/6th is dead, or at least is coughing up blood...
To paraphrase Frank Zappa: 1:6 is not dead — it just smells funny.

Darklord Dave said:
I have no interest in a Baker statue.
Me neither.

What a bummer to be teased for so long with such a great looking product, only to have it not show up. :date

If they made a functional comlock cellphone I would buy and use it and proclaim my major geekness to the world. :rotfl

I can't get my head around the fact the Christopher Lee Dracula didn't sell by the bucketload and inspire a full Hammer line . O.k , it wasn't perfect , but it was a pretty decent effort . A Peter Cushing Van Helsing was top of my wish list ! The Space Vixens line was promising as well .:(

TheObsoleteMan said:
What a bummer to be teased for so long with such a great looking product, only to have it not show up. :date

Yep - I think that's what really sticks in my craw - over a year of pictures, release dates, pre-orders from comicbook shops etc. and then nowt. Well, a solid statue (heh, plastic PF Bobas have nothing on *that* disappointment!).

At least when Cards Inc. announced a 12" 2000AD range at the UK Toy Fair a few years back they soon shut up about it, no pictures were ever seen etc. But to have Tom and Classic Cyberman dangled in front of our noses for soooo long only to see them snatched away at the last minute.

And I so wanted their Sid James figure too, if only to inexplicably dress in Han Solo clothes... no idea why but he would've looked so darned fine.

Ho hum.

Nick

I don't think this reflects on the healthiness of the 1/6 scale. Sure, it follows on the heels of Majestic closing up shop, but what did those two companies have in common? Massive delays and little product to show for it. Companies that manage to actually release product, like Hot Toys, Dragon, etc seem to be doing fine, if not great.

I'm disappointed to not get that Tom Baker Dr Who nor the Space Vixens, though.

Back