Product Enterprise Surprise

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that Product Enterprises has cancelled the 12 inch Dr Who Tom Baker/Cyberman figures, does anyone make and sell 1/6 Tom Baker heads? I was really looking forward to a 1/6 Tom and still want one somehow...

Incidentally, I wonder if this means the Classic Dr Who 12" license is now up for grabs - and if any other toymaker would consider it viable? Maybe Character Options could be lobbied to pick it up? They could acquire the moulds etc from PE.

Outlander said:
Incidentally, I wonder if this means the Classic Dr Who 12" license is now up for grabs - and if any other toymaker would consider it viable? Maybe Character Options could be lobbied to pick it up? They could acquire the moulds etc from PE.

PE seems to still have the license and are just switching to polystone statues for some unknown reason. Perhaps they lost (or didn't renew) the 12 inch figure license and had to switch to statues. PE isn't that forthcoming with information - although they certainly advertised the 1/6 figures as "coming soon" for over a year! I would assume they are incorparating their molds into the statues.

I'm quite saddened by this turn of events as I really wanted to see a 12" classic line.

As I said on another forum I'm going to try and get my sculptor friend to get this sculpt that he did years ago scaled down so that it could be used on a 1/6th scale body. Then there's just the problem of creating a costume...*sigh*

Click on image to enlarge

The Baker figure is still being advertised on the site... as is the Cyberman :confused:

With the exception of the Hot Toys Pirates line, I seem to be drifting away from 1/6th - which has always been my preference - due to the lack of liscenses that interest me. There's not much out there right now for me. I've been moving towards more higher end items like the Tonner figures, and I've become more open to PFs or the PF scale if the liscense is something I like.....

It just seems like the selection of 1/6th liscenses is getting slim.

Back