Premium Format Princess Leia A New Hope 1/4 PF statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with the bigger eyes
PicsArt_04-21-07.06.42.jpg

Hey guys please see my Jyn Erso unboxing review and leave comments!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcIqMlNAKBU

You should probably post in the Jyn Erso thread, as far as the video... I was definitely cringing with the way you were tweaking the hand and blaster, can’t believe it didn’t break. Also you might want to put the other arm on properly. Anyways, love my Jyn Erso, great statue! Always good to see another person’s take.

1125x682_previewbannerLeiaPF.jpg
Sideshow’s Princess Leia™ Premium Format™ Figure will be the next statue to join our Star Wars™ collection ! This collectible will launch for Pre-Order on Friday, May 4, 2018 between 9AM – Noon (Pacific Time).

Attachments

• 1125x682_previewbannerLeiaPF.jpg
    1125x682_previewbannerLeiaPF.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 165
She looks good, but of course we know how proto vs production turns out.

While I agree, I thought the last few pieces were ok when shipped.

Any mention of an EX? The statue based on complexity should cost $325 but if will be $550 as if it is so detailed lol

I think she looks great. As much as I'd love to order one, but I have a feeling the price will make me lose interest immediately...

As far as an EX goes, I'm not sure what they could do here. Swap out hand with a Stormtrooper blaster, maybe?

Last edited:
Any mention of an EX? The statue based on complexity should cost $325 but if will be $550 as if it is so detailed lol

So true. No matter how much the price it at, it is going to be wildly overpriced for what is essentially a head sculpt and simple fabric dress on a basic mannequin.

This statue reveal actually prompted me to get off the fence and order Jyn. Compare the complexity (at least in terms of costuming), the lower production run of the EX, and an in hand sculpt that we already know is fine. Had been wanting it anyway, the likely value proposition compared to Leia just sealed the deal for me.

So true. No matter how much the price it at, it is going to be wildly overpriced for what is essentially a head sculpt and simple fabric dress on a basic mannequin.

This statue reveal actually prompted me to get off the fence and order Jyn. Compare the complexity (at least in terms of costuming), the lower production run of the EX, and an in hand sculpt that we already know is fine. Had been wanting it anyway, the likely value proposition compared to Leia just sealed the deal for me.

Leia is much more than "...essentially a head sculpt and simple fabric dress on a basic mannequin....".
You are comparing an iconic character, from a groundbreaking movie with a 40 years following, to a stiff and boring performance by a boring actress.
If anything - Erso is an uninspiring head, surrounded and wrapped in a bunch of stuff that helps selling it.

Different strokes, blah blah blah...I get it. but "...the likely value proposition compared to Leia ..."?????
It's like measuring/judging a turd by how much glitter they put on it :)

Jyn is a fantastic Statue. The Fabric parts are incredible!!

Now to Leia.. yes.. she will be overpriced.. but I have to say, that I might pre-order.. cause so far, I havent got any issues with any SW statue that came out.. even recently.. Jyn, Rey.. they look great to me

Unless XM or Iron Studios decides to make one, if you want Princess Leia in your collection this is pretty much your only choice... I will probably order her but will wait for production pictures before ordering to make sure the factory doesn't screw it up.

Jyn is a fantastic Statue. The Fabric parts are incredible!!

Now to Leia.. yes.. she will be overpriced.. but I have to say, that I might pre-order.. cause so far, I havent got any issues with any SW statue that came out.. even recently.. Jyn, Rey.. they look great to me

Jyn did come out really good but with Rey the slight mismatch with skin tones from her face to her arms and legs was a bit disappointing...

Iconic or not $400 is overpriced for it and it will cost more. The HT 1/6 may turn out to be the best replica she ever gets. Not sure why they don’t just make her.

I too will wait till later. I just can’t see it selling out and I’m not an investor so it’s going to my kids one day and they can sell it, light it on fire I don’t care.

I still may order a Phasma if it’s good enough after production. I have the First Order wing to fill out and while Rey is ok I’m sure they will make her from another film. Maybe in the next film she will finally stop wearing her raggy clothes and dress as a proper Jedi.

Really want statues of Luke, Leia, and Han. This looks good but cannot trust SS proto. Need Iron Studios to get involved but at their current pace it could be years.

1/4 or not, the SSC facesculpt is bad. She looks sick & nauseated.
At this time, Hot Toys is way ahead in a favourable position ... Sorry Todd, your sis' deserves better !
SSC 1-4 Leia.jpg
HT 1-6 Leia.jpg

Back