Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer Prime 1's quality to most of the other mass-produced collectibles out there, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. They're not perfect.

p1-queen-Comp.png

Well no they aren't perfect, and the only real gripe with the queen is the human. But I only compare the prototype pictures taken at conventions. The official images are distorted with color and lighting and photoshop.

Well no they aren't perfect, and the only real gripe with the queen is the human. But I only compare the prototype pictures taken at conventions. The official images are distorted with color and lighting and photoshop.

If you're concerned about color and lighting, the convention photo you provided in your previous post is about as far from neutral as one can get.

attachment.php

Can you tell what's really going on there? Because the Warrior photos from Prime 1's first store display had everyone thinking it was yellow-green for a week.

Oh you're talking about the blue light. They had direct lights showing for the chap (green) dog (yellow) and warrior ( blue)
But this wall mount image is the prototype and you can tell it is pretty close, same as the chap wall mount head. It was at the same convention.

We all know the damage a bad photo can do to a good figure... prime 1 has proven its quality with many pieces. unfortunately we cannot say the same about other companies ... and I say it to you as a firm defender and owner of the coolprops giger’s bust and maquette.. as Jacklyn says, I cannot expect less than the top quality for 300 pieces of such a character as iconic as Alien.

We will see, and if not, I will return it! But all my confidence at the moment in prime 1 and also...the bust looks incredible; it is not my style, but incredible ... I wish my coolprops one was in the same level about the paintjob...yeah...chromed teeth but so what?

And don’t forget that prime 1 delivered the most freaking awesome alien piece ever...how many were made? And how many big chaps? not a fan from alien 3 but...WOW! It’s a 10!!

We all know what a bad photo can show ... prime 1 has proven its quality with many pieces. unfortunately we cannot say the same about other companies ... and I say it to you as a firm defender and owner of the coolprops giger’s bust and maquette.. as Jacklyn says, I cannot expect less than the top quality for 300 pieces of such a character as iconic as Alien.

We will see, and if not, I will return it! But all my confidence at the moment in prime 1 and also...the bust looks incredible; it is not my style, but incredible ... I wish my coolprops one was in the same level about the paintjob...yeah...chromed teeth but so what?

And don’t forget that prime 1 delivered the most freaking awesome alien piece ever...how many were made? And how many big chaps? not a fan from alien 3 but...WOW! It’s a 10!!

Well if you go back and see this guy on the dog alien forums he was recommending people to refund their dog alien because it will more than likely require work to fix.
I think he is just a troll so I'm okay not feeding him anymore. His comments are literally always bad. But then uplifts a neca toy? Yeah I haven't the time lol
I'm excited for this statue and if it is in the same league as the dog I'm excited af. Plus, I do custom work so whatever little thing I can add I probably will. Like my tail spike on the dog and the egg. It's just fun.

Show me where I recommended that people refund their dog alien.

And your comments are always Prime 1 can do no wrong. When you show examples, you point to prototypes.

Show me where I recommended that people refund their dog alien.

And your comments are always Prime 1 can do no wrong. When you show examples, you point to prototypes.

So after that little moment, I'm going to continue to be very excited about this statue. Sounds like you need a new hobby.

Why is everyone so obsessed with giving the poor aliens all these tiger stripes now?

Yep, I have the same notion for complaint here. Of course a real Giger like airbrush work we will never see on a mass product, but at least some sprinkle or washing effects could be done and not just swiftly Zebra stripe the main body parts. Looks so silly.

Oh dear, that queen wallhanger looks really bad, I hadn't seen those yet. So does the Big chap in some ways, but the proto had those weird chin stripes also so they were to be expected. Prime 1 are wierd sometimes, they can make some absolutely amazing stuff, which is pretty much proto quality, and then they'll go and make that stripey half head and ask far too much money for it. They are also starting to loose their untouchable record with a few less than stellar pieces, probably just due to pumping out far too much product for ther top tier painters to do it all. Fortunately pics of their City hunter are out now and that is looking pretty decent. Hopefully they can get their big chap statues fairly close to the protos.

Also, forums would be boring if everybody agreed. A bit of negativity never hurt anyone, and it gives a chance for somebody to respond positively. All good...

Agree, there is a reason I didn't order those bizarre wall hangings. But they are pretty cheap. It's on sideshows quality level, but I think we all knew that when they were announced especially for the cost. I give credit where it is due and praise where it belongs. When you constantly hate on statues it just gets old. Especially when everyone is very excited about a piece that costs 2k

When we speak about hangers we are speaking about the queen one orvthe warriors right? Because the half bust for me its awesome! We all can discuss or give our opinion and mine is that 0 worries sbout the big chap figure...why? Because Prime 1 has proben several times it’s quality whit this high level statues and also because it is verly low ES. We will see very soon anyway! Can’t wait to get mine!

Watching Alien and noticing the big doors on the back of the big chap base

Attachments

• 20210429_120241.jpg
    20210429_120241.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210429_120440.jpg
    20210429_120440.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 9
Back