Prime1 Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also kind of surprised they didn't do a switch out possessed Ash head sculpt, seeing as how they have pretty much managed to include everything else. I know it wouldn't have fit the pose either, but that doesn't appear to bother them too much, given the heads that are being included.

oh there is a good chance they will add better head sculpts or possessed ones as extra busts!

As 1/5 scale Dio for 600-700 bucks it would be perfect with the Head in the middle for me and i would buy it.
Otherwise to big, not screen used enough and the likeness in 1/3 scale is only ok for the head in the middle for me, the price and the dimensions would be killing me last but not least.

That first portrait with the raised eyebrow and otherwise emotionless face is an odd choice to me given the pose. It also looks the least like Ash of the three imo. Of the three portraits, one has no expression, one has a sort of smirk, and the other has an angry expression. I would have expected at least one of the portraits to have a more shocked, panicked or crazed expression. I also like the idea of one of them having been a possessed head (perhaps in place of that first portrait). Sort of a missed opportunity I think with regard to the portraits.

What happened? Could be a trick of the light, but the original digital sculpt had a much longer chin and more defined cheeks. Felt more accurate overall.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Damnit prime 1 of all the statues to F up you guys chose this one! These headsculpts look like garbage non of them work well not to mention look nothing like Bruce.

I'm with you guys. I want this soooo bad, but how the eff could they mess up all three sculpts? Makes it hard to want to buy it, to be truthful.

I think the first head is the most Campbell-ish of the 3. The other two look fat or something. It could be camera angles and like someone said, in person they might all look great. $1500 is too much to spend on something that isn’t perfect. What to do, what to do!

Wow I can't believe how way off these are. I really wanted this but this looks more like Bruce's stunt double. I think the Sideshow Statue or 1/6 Figure looks way better than this. Prime 1 has been really Amazing too with their work. They Definitely have the Talent to nail human portraits too. The Wonder Woman on horse proves that. I really hope they scrap all three heads and start over. If not these will be an easy pass for most fans.

If you look at JUST the faces themselves, on the eyebrow and angry heads, the likeness is spot on, but it's the head shape that's all screwed up. They're too round. If they squeezed in the sides of the heads, that would help tremendously, and also make the hair look better, too.

The smiling head, or whatever, is just odd. They were trying to capture Bruce's smug "I got this" face, and it just doesn't work. They should have gone for his mouth closed, side smirk (a la Army of Darkness poster), or even a screaming head.

That being said, I did pre-order the Ex. I can't believe I'm paying so much for a collectible I really don't even have room for, but it's Ash. And outside of the heads, the rest looks amazing. So... here's to hoping they fix it!

The groovy expression is the only head I relate to, those other two I don`t get. They don`t tell anything of Ash`s persona IMO. A manic expression would be preferred, like in the scene where the deer starts laughing. Jeez, we even got the deerhead in there.
It would be nuts to pass up on this behemoth, just cause of the two faces, sure for this pricetag the headsculpt is mucho grande importante, but the groovy would do.
Seriously! Not in my wildest dreams would I think something like this diorama would happen. Henrietta in the cellar, deerhead, mixed media and 1/3 scale holy moly!

Pre-ordered it, oof, my most expensive yet and no idea where to put it.

Did Prime 1 Studios set up their US warehouse yet ? Sideshow didn't show any new P1S products.

I wish... the high shipping is the main reason I don't shop from the prime1studios site. Even when they had holiday discounts, it barely offset their shipping charges.

Back