Prime1 Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish they would include several portraits with this.
I'd like to see a sculpt with one of Bruce's quirky expressions.

That's pretty swell. Weird seeing the Japanese model in some kind of Final Fantasy dress showing it off. What should be the price for this?

I am curious about price too. Never bought anything from Prime 1 but this could be the one that draws me in. Lots going on with this statue and the base/accessories, most of the bases from the film are covered.

Amazing piece, overall. We got Ash, the Necronomicon, chainsaw, boomstick, hand, dagger, Henrietta, and even the laughing deer. The likeness is a bit off, though. The teaser render of Ash's face from way back looked good, so that kinda sucks.

This looks amazing. I'm sure he head sculpt looks a lot better in person.

I love how Ash is the main focal point of this statue and his likeness is noticeably off but Henriettas is spot on.

I'm gonna say he'll end up just shy of $2K. Maybe $1800.

I'll agree the face is way off right now and he's a little too buff overall with those shoulders but this is hands down the best base diorama I've ever seen. I wish it was being offered in 1:4 scale. I might have even been willing to overlook the current inaccuracies as is for that.

I think it looks like a great piece overall with so many iconic props from ED 2. Unfortunately it would be really hard for me to find space for this in 1/4 scale let alone 1/3.

I agree the Bruce likeness is off but they nailed Ted Raimi as Henrietta though.:lol

Poor Ash. It looks like his arms are tired. What is he looking at?? He’s not Jim from The Office looking at the camera. I wish the chainsaw was a little more prominent. At 3 feet tall he could have raised it. I’m praying that those other head sculpts are home runs!!

ASH PO on Prime 1 https://www.prime1studio.com/ed2-ash-williams-mmed2-01ex.html

Exclusive New
Evil Dead 2 (Film)
Ash Williams

EX Version
Limited Edition 500
$1,499.00

Collectors Version TBD
$1449.00

Statue Size approximately 38 inches tall [(H):96cm (W):60.5cm (D):67.6cm]
One (1) designed theme base
Two (2) alternate Portrait
One (1) Alternate Exclusive Portrait (In the Exclusive Version Only)

Attachments

• mmed2-01ex_a01_head_ex.jpg
    mmed2-01ex_a01_head_ex.jpg
    355.6 KB · Views: 298
  • mmed2-01ex_a04_press_ex.jpg
    mmed2-01ex_a04_press_ex.jpg
    353.8 KB · Views: 132
  • mmed2-01ex_b07.jpg
    mmed2-01ex_b07.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 132
  • mmed2-01ex_b13.jpg
    mmed2-01ex_b13.jpg
    278.9 KB · Views: 136
  • mmed2-01ex_a11.jpg
    mmed2-01ex_a11.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 131
  • mmed2-01ex_b05_ex.jpg
    mmed2-01ex_b05_ex.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 129
  • mmed2-01ex_a08.jpg
    mmed2-01ex_a08.jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 134
Poor Ash. It looks like his arms are tired. What is he looking at?? He’s not Jim from The Office looking at the camera. I wish the chainsaw was a little more prominent. At 3 feet tall he could have raised it. I’m praying that those other head sculpts are home runs!!

You didn't pray hard enough. The other 2 are arguably worse in that they not only look nothing like Bruce but they don't match the pose of the statue at all. Apart from the base this piece is a big FAIL IMO.

At the Prime1 pricepoint likeness has to be spot on, and the likeness here is severely lacking in my opinion. So despite pretty much everything else being great, that's a deal breaker for me.

It is odd that they seem to have nailed Ted Raimi as Henrietta, yet struck so wide of the mark with Bruce Campbell's likeness as Ash. The expressions are pretty poorly chosen, too, given the pose.

Also kind of surprised they didn't do a switch out possessed Ash head sculpt, seeing as how they have pretty much managed to include everything else. I know it wouldn't have fit the pose either, but that doesn't appear to bother them too much, given the heads that are being included.

Hopefully they redo the heads and inject more Bruce Campbell into them, because if it actually looked like Ash this would be a stunning display piece for Evil Dead fans.

Back