Statue Prime 1 Witcher Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really wish someone would do 1/6 figures. Witcher is getting Pops even...that being said the Geralt Statue is getting more and more tempting. But goodness I don't know if I can accept the buy in on it.

I really wish someone would do 1/6 figures. Witcher is getting Pops even...that being said the Geralt Statue is getting more and more tempting. But goodness I don't know if I can accept the buy in on it.

I think Darkhorse is doing some.

30232.jpg 30235.jpg 30234.jpg 30236.jpg 30233.jpg

Starting to get nervous that my EX waitlist won't convert...

Its still a year away. I wouldn't worry much.
Even if they release no more over the next 6 or so months, there will be a flood of cancellations at the last minute just due to the price.

They have smaller ones available now, BigBadToystore and Entertainment Earth. 24.99 a pop.

@Pendragon and @Envyme, thanks guys. I've been watching those for a while and there's suspiciously few photos out of final products, even from the company. That being said they did just come out. Either way, I have Geralt arriving today from Amazon; I'll update you guys on how he looks then.

@Pendragon and @Envyme, thanks guys. I've been watching those for a while and there's suspiciously few photos out of final products, even from the company. That being said they did just come out. Either way, I have Geralt arriving today from Amazon; I'll update you guys on how he looks then.

My Dark Horse Geralt and Triss came in today.. they look pretty good!

witcher1.jpg

witcher2.jpg

@Viper2005

I'm actually pretty impressed. Much better looking than I was expecting based on the GOT ones they make! The shortlist of fixes I immediately see a bit of a reculpt of Geralt's hairline and making some magic effects for Triss. Otherwise though I think I actually can pass on having to repaint these as I had planned to.

Turned out pretty well.

The continued use of the starting/Viper armour is irritating me now though.

Mastercrafted bear and wolf please!

So after opening my Geralt I see 4 major changes I want to make.

1. Fill out the hair sculpt on the sides of the head a bit. He's a wee bit pinheaded at the moment in my opinion. I'll also add some erroneous hanging strands, something Geralt seemed to frequently have.
2. Add variation to the beard and hair line to make a less abrupt transition
3. Remove the black portion of the base. I'm sure it's possible, I just need to figure out how.
4. Somehow add some age to his face. As it stands he has none of the ruggedness that the game model has. So with that I intend to blend some light paintwork in to give him some wrinkles and such.

Triss seems to fair better right out of the box, as Viper shows in his photos.

Otherwise though the paintwork on the body is actually decently impressive; I didn't expect it to be that clean. I thought I would be repainting the whole thing.

So I went ahead and started modding Geralt. I reshaped the head with heat, and debossed age marks and beard details with a few tools on the bench. I plan to add some sculpt work to the hair on the sides and clean up his hairline to be more game accurate. I personally see far more likeness coming out now. What do you guys think? And yes, steel sword repair was done after it warped while getting the head off. Word to the wise: you have to cut the neck off the post. It's so deep and I believe pegged that there's no easy way to pop it out, even with heat.

b34a28940f1079add678cd5bed2a569c.jpg
12c8c7c257a21190327e224d7a162714.jpg
1fef5c7ff0d36c180ce3ba2ebec3c48d.jpg

Maybe it'd be a good thing to create separate thread for DH line?

Feels weird walkin' into a $1000 statue thread only to read about small plastic figures. :lol

Back