Statue Prime 1: The Dark Knight - Bale Batman 1:2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The really funny thing about this conversation is how opposite it was when the first images of the TDK suit surfaced before the movie was released. People hated the TDK suit with a fiery passion, then after TDK everyone all of a sudden loved it. It really goes to show that people really don't know what they want until you force it on them.

The really funny thing about this conversation is how opposite it was when the first images of the TDK suit surfaced before the movie was released. People hated the TDK suit with a fiery passion, then after TDK everyone all of a sudden loved it. It really goes to show that people really don't know what they want until you force it on them.

Not everyone. I still hate TDK suit. As much as I love the movie it still bothers me he has that chicken neck and armour everywhere...armour that didn't even do a great job of protecting him.

Begins suit just looks beautiful by comparison. How cool would it have been in TDKR after his suit got destroyed by Bane had he showed back up in Gotham with the original suit. A silhouette of that thick cowl, reborn and intimidating once more.

Oh and had they not set the final fight with Bane in daylight lol. Any of the suits will look silly in daylight. Still can't believe Nolan did that.

Not everyone....

I guess I should've worded it better. What I meant is that the favoritism was lopsided back that. Meaning that the amount of ppl who loved the Begins suit seemed to outweigh those who thought the TDK suit was great at first reveal. And once the movie came out it switched to a majority of ppl loving the TDK suit and hating on the Begins suit. I like both but I do wish the Begins suit got more love.

The TDK suit is one of my least favorites, the Begins is one of my favorites, possibly even my all-time favorite.

Ok. But why come to a TDK statue thread to declare your dislike for the TDK suit? I don't get why people do that? I don't like the over sized neck on the begins suit but I won't expend energy on the threads of that suit telling it's fans that it sucks.

Ok. But why come to a TDK statue thread to declare your dislike for the TDK suit? I don't get why people do that? I don't like the over sized neck on the begins suit but I won't expend energy on the threads of that suit telling it's fans that it sucks.

Merely expressing a preference for the Begins suit and disappointment that nearly all the figures/statues are based on TDK suit instead. Certainly not hating on this statue, it's a brilliant replication of what was seen on screen...just wish they would do the same for Begins.

I don't think you can generalise so much about fan opinion, I've always liked the begins suit. The fact that TDK was such an amazing film went a long way to help people like it.

As sj2106 says, all the batman suits look ridiculous in daylight

I would've also preferred the BB suit, but anytime the Joker is a scene with Bats, he is always in the TDK suit, so it makes sense to do this one. This doesn't mean they won't still do one. I mean, they did the freaking Nightmare suit from BvS of all things in 1:2 scale.

Is this the same pose as the 1/3 statue but in 1/2 scale? Not sure why, but the pose on this one looks a lot better than the 1/3 does or could just be eyes playing tricks, better photography angle? :huh

attachment.php

Might be priced out and spaced out for the legendary scale, but if the 1/3 turns out exactly like this at it's smaller scale, might be sold on that one to go with the 1/3 Joker that is in the works, and hopefully a Begins version as well.

Is this the same pose as the 1/3 statue but in 1/2 scale? Not sure why, but the pose on this one looks a lot better than the 1/3 does or could just be eyes playing tricks, better photography angle? :huh

attachment.php

Might be priced out and spaced out for the legendary scale, but if the 1/3 turns out exactly like this at it's smaller scale, might be sold on that one to go with the 1/3 Joker that is in the works, and hopefully a Begins version as well.

it's a similar pose, but not the same. unlike the 1/3 version, the pose of the half scale looks natural and stoic, whereas the 1/3 version is stiff looking like a Jakks Pacifics figure.

I’m just waiting for a photo to surface showing both the 1/3 and 1/2 beside each other, and them being near identical to each other.

I’m just waiting for a photo to surface showing both the 1/3 and 1/2 beside each other, and them being near identical to each other.

The foot position is slightly different, which results in a more natural overall appearance. If the 1/3 - where the right foot is further forward - had the left arm just a little further back, it would also look more natural.

The 1:3 pose looks terrible. 1:2 looks awesome. Really wish they'd re-work the 1:3 so it looks like a smaller version of the 1:3.

The action figure comments above is exactly what it looks like at the moment.

Yes, I think it is that left arm of his being out forward too much that is bothering me the most, in addition to his neck being short and positioned towards the back making it look like his head is sinking down into the suit like a turtle.

They pretty much are the same lol. Subtle positioning of the feet and arms might be SLIGHTLY different. Still sounds ludicrous hearing people say how much better the 1/2 is over the 1/3 in terms of pose. Come on...

I think I’ll need to literally see them side by side to notice any real differences.

Anything I’m seeing could just be because of different camera angles. And I believe with the 1/3 it has different head positions as well.

The upper body on the 1/3 twists to the right (left in the pic) and has a stumpier neck. The 1/2 is positioned to look directly left (right in the pic). However the mouth in the 1/2 looks less like Bale to me than the 1/3, but that could just be lighting.

I was hoping we'd see the 1/4 TDK Joker team up with Blitzway as a new reveal but I guess that will have to wait until SDCC this year probably.

The 1/2 scale looks like a confident heroic pose the 1/3 looks like someone who just had his pre workout powder and is showing off his goods to whoever is watching.

Back