Statue Prime 1 Studio - The Dark Knight Returns "Frank Miller"[1/3 Scale]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the worst fear ever, shipping in two boxes

Actually the worst fear is shipping in three boxes! The added stress alone. :wink1::panic:

As the pieces get more involved the more boxes will be required.

I think the original Prime 1 movie Megatron was 3 boxes, and I can just imagine how many boxes the Beserk Zodd in alternate winged form is going to be, let alone the Wonder Woman on horseback.

Here are some pics for size comparison. He is awsome! IMG_0530.jpg

That's awesome. What a beast, and I'm more than a little jealous.

Unfortunately the "grateful client" who was going to acquire this for me was "just joking," and now it looks like I'm not getting it after all. I put the $$$ I had set aside for this into SS' Bane and Leatherface, so at least I'm not entirely empty handed. Remind me not to be so trusting next time.

That's awesome. What a beast, and I'm more than a little jealous.

Unfortunately the "grateful client" who was going to acquire this for me was "just joking," and now it looks like I'm not getting it after all. I put the $$$ I had set aside for this into SS' Bane and Leatherface, so at least I'm not entirely empty handed. Remind me not to be so trusting next time.

The regular edition is still available though from SS. I don't think the EX is "must have".

Congrats to everyone who bought this monster. He looks like he jumped right out of the pages of Miller's classic book.

Update: Apparently, they delivered box 1/2 to someone in Austria (friday), who was kind enough to notify DHL about the mistake and turned it back in (saturday).
I got a call from them today (monday), exactly 1 minute after it showed up!

So happy it all turned out well. Was really looking forward to him, as it was my only PO. Come on AK Joker!

In all his glory:

IMG_20170918_131107.jpg

Great news, Eviler. However I think it's extremely worrying that SSC denied any responsibility and basically told you that you are screwed with 50% refund for missing one of the boxes. They didn't deliver your order fully and should take all responsibility towards you if it weren't resolved. Luckily that didn't become necessary for you now and I'm sure stuff like this doesn't happen often but their lack of responsibility towards the customer IF this were to happen sometime is frightening.

On topic, received mine too today, looking forward to opening it and seeing this beauty!

Prime 1 Studio - The Dark Knight Returns "Frank Miller"[1/3 Scale]

Finally had time to open mine last night. What an incredible statue!!! In terms of weight, quality, and detail, this piece feels like a steal at almost a grand. I was skeptical at how Prime 1 was going to nail this, but dare I say this is proto quality stuff! The details on the suit are intricate, the cuts and bruising look realistic with a glossy sheen that make them look fresh, and paint apps are spot on. No paint bleeds whatsoever. The pattern on the cape and cowl look like real leather skin. I love the mud on the torn cape and the boots in that it isn't caked on but is more subtle in the application. The base is huge and heavy at around 21" wide x 11 " wide 13.5" x deep and weighs about 20 lbs with the impressive details and weathering on the shackled Mutant Leader. I didn't even try to weigh the whole statue as I could barely lift it. :laugh:

It just dwarfs the Batman PF side by side and in terms of presence, it just exudes badassery. For a museum pose, his stance just tells a story of him being weary after just being through hell dismantling the Mutant Leader in the mud hole. All in all, I'm totally impressed with it! It's definitely the centrepiece on my collection and the most impressive statue that I've seen and handled up close. Everything is just weighty and it looks and feels high quality. Unfortunately I did have a paint rub/chip that's very noticeable on the front of the cape. My battle damaged portrait is chipped on the bottom as well. It sucks but I've reached out to SS. So we'll see if they are able to help me out with some replacement parts.

syIOzsZ.jpg

JFtDOVv.jpg

eW5Wh2N.jpg

r5GWwO5.jpg

woWDkbn.jpg

ESzyD7J.jpg

6Oj1dcs.jpg

s1nFPiW.jpg

9i0XUUy.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

^^^ Congrats, Your pics look amazing! Regarding the chip on the cape, SS may ask you to send back the entire statue for a replacement, but with black painted parts I find I can use a black sharpie and dab in the area of the chip, then use my finger to rub and blend it in. this works 99% of the time on black and dark painted areas. If the rest of the statue is perfect, you may consider trying this technique. I've found that sometimes replacements risk having other and possible worse issues, the QC folks are inspecting these in poorly lit rooms LOL!!

Back