Statue Prime 1 Studio - The Dark Knight Returns "Frank Miller"[1/3 Scale]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a side note I've now got 5 Prime 1 1/3 scale statues, and you'd think that with all that extra real estate they have to paint there would be noticeable QC issues. But honestly they are all nearly perfect. Yes, if you look hard you'll find minor imperfections where some areas have paint overlap or "splash" but you reeeeeaaaaaaaaally gotta look for it. really impressive work by Prime 1. Can't wait for Scarecrow, Freeze, Joker, Flashpoint Batman and Jim Lee Batman!!

PYIybSF.jpg

Just got him!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BTW anyone figure out what those felt strips were for? they were labeled as "if needed, use to adjust joints" or something like that

Mine is getting delivered to my local FedEx since I won't be home. I hope it will fit in my car (sedan)

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

With that in mind, would someone be able to take a photo of the side of the boxes where the measurements are shown. Thanks in advance.

I opt out of the "Early" shipment, and now I get an email its shipping next week. Was hoping it would be longer to pay some bills.

Well, it's official: DHL lost box 1/2. They are refunding me the price of the box as it's stated on the manifest, so half the price of the total statue.
I'm now stuck with a base to a statue for which I paid $450 + shipping ($186) + import fees and taxes ($100) ...

I've contacted SSC, but there's nothing they can or will do, as the fault lies with DHL.

Dunno what to do. Get the reg locally safely ($1400), get the reg from SSC ($1200) or order the ex from Prime 1 directly ($????) :(

What the actual ****??? SSC won't refund you or get a replacement because the fault lies at DHL? I would be furious. Of course DHL have a responsibility for losing a box but that is something SSC should take with DHL. You as a customer has not received your product from Sideshow and that is totally unacceptable. I would NEVER shop again with SSC if this happened to me and they didn't make up for it.

Sorry for you man!

Well, it's official: DHL lost box 1/2. They are refunding me the price of the box as it's stated on the manifest, so half the price of the total statue.
I'm now stuck with a base to a statue for which I paid $450 + shipping ($186) + import fees and taxes ($100) ...

I've contacted SSC, but there's nothing they can or will do, as the fault lies with DHL.

Dunno what to do. Get the reg locally safely ($1400), get the reg from SSC ($1200) or order the ex from Prime 1 directly ($????) :(

I don't really understand the legalities, but given that it is Sideshow that is contracting various couriers to on send it to the end customer I would've thought some responsibility lay with Sideshow. In that they would have to wrestle with DHL to decide who should refund you the customer. And how are they simply able to determine value if only 'half' (and I use that loosely) a product is received. This is not exactly a natural resource etc which would be valued by equal weight. What you've received unfortunately has almost no value, let alone half the statue cost.

Given that I don't believe you're really given a choice with the courier service/s, as they are contracted by Sideshow I would've thought the insurance if any would be refunded to them [and for them to take the loss, as a consequence of doing business -why should any risk lay with the customer, especially given that DHL in this case has 'taken' responsibility (again loosely)]and Sideshow 'should' simply have to resend the full item to you to rectify the delivery mistake.

I know some will say that once the product is shipped, the business has no responsibility after the fact, but I've never really agreed with that, especially given that they do not offer a local pickup/storefront etc. But with the many legal jurisdictions that an item goes through it can get confusing.

Can you make a claim via your credit card company etc?

That sucks

That's unacceptable. Contact your credit card company and open a case with the dispute department. They're the almighty and should take care of you.

Back