Statue Prime 1 Studio - The Dark Knight Returns "Frank Miller"[1/3 Scale]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damnit Daniel.....no. But yours is incredible. Full props

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have a surfer you should definitely get it chromed, worth every penny and makes it a stand out piece in any collection.

IMAG0799 (2).jpg

Yep, imo it's always risky to dust fabric materials. Especially the type they used on the Superman and Batman PFs.

But I worry less about thick leather type capes etc.

Why? It gets damage easilly? I worry more on Lobo leather drying up and breaking

There are a lot of mix-media statues out there that are really well-made. Unfortunately I live in a country with very high humidity year-round, so I decided to switch to statues with minimal fabric (pleather capes are okay as they are easy to replace/replicate -- stuff like jackets, trunks, etc is a different story).

Good thing that more and more fully-sculpted statues nowadays have great sculpting on the costumes. I think statue is a great example of that. To this day I can still see people asking of the suit is fabric :)

Why? It gets damage easilly? I worry more on Lobo leather drying up and breaking

303 Aerospace Protectant. I've got a Hot Toys MMS 13 Batman Begins figure that's been sitting in the open for over 10 years, and it looks like it just came out of the package. I wipe all of my collectibles with rubber, pleather, or leather parts down with this product twice a year. No deteriation.

My house is fairly dusty, so I have to dust my collectibles not in cabinets etc either fortnightly or monthly.

And if I had something like the Batman PF out in the open, that much dusting would fray the material over time. As such I try to only get fully sculpted pieces nowadays (outside of leather like capes).

Those in my Bestas I don't really dust as they're behind Glassvik doors, and ALL gaps between the doors and the Besta itself are sealed by foam strips (like the weather seal types), which greatly restricts dust entry. Heck it only really gets in when I change the display etc when I open the doors. The time it takes sealing the Bestas like this takes me longer then the time it takes putting the cabinets together.

My house is fairly dusty, so I have to dust my collectibles not in cabinets etc either fortnightly or monthly.

And if I had something like the Batman PF out in the open, that much dusting would fray the material over time. As such I try to only get fully sculpted pieces nowadays (outside of leather like capes).

Those in my Bestas I don't really dust as they're behind Glassvik doors, and ALL gaps between the doors and the Besta itself are sealed by foam strips (like the weather seal types), which greatly restricts dust entry. Heck it only really gets in when I change the display etc when I open the doors. The time it takes sealing the Bestas like this takes me longer then the time it takes putting the cabinets together.

I try to avoid dusting with a Dremel tool. :)

I get that we collectors are OCD about dust, etc., but I've had this figure on open display for 50 years, 7months, and 5 days, and no fraying yet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 149
Wish I was in as good condition!

:lol But wow -- I wonder how it feels like to have a figure that old! My oldest thus far is a 28-year old 11" Rubber Batman from a local fastfood when they tied-in with WB to promote the 1989 Keaton film. Displayed in the open and dust but no cracks or problems, I just had to replace its thin fabric cape. How's the humidty level in your area?

Are there any un-boxing videos for this?

None so far. Been patiently (or impatiently, should I say) waiting for one on Youtube. I'm surprised that even the collectors from Asia who'd usually upload their unboxing a week or 2 after release in Japan don't have any yet.

:lol But wow -- I wonder how it feels like to have a figure that old! My oldest thus far is a 28-year old 11" Rubber Batman from a local fastfood when they tied-in with WB to promote the 1989 Keaton film. Displayed in the open and dust but no cracks or problems, I just had to replace its thin fabric cape. How's the humidty level in your area?

It feels like I'm the cranky old man on the forums sometimes. I got my first Batman comic in 1964 (still in FN condition.)

We have high humidity in the summer, and in the late fall.

Back on topic, I can't wait for this to show up.

Back