Statue Prime 1 Studio - The Dark Knight Returns "Frank Miller"[1/3 Scale]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couldn't pass up on this . Full pay for the win .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Earlier today I ordered the standard edition but after reading this thread I placed an order for the EX. I wasn't sure if the EX was worth the hassle but better if I change my mind later and be sorry then. If I get the EX, I'll just try to contact SS and see if they'll refund me the NRD for the standard one.

I'm still hooked on the angry BD portrait but also like the EX one.

Yeah usually the folks who get on WL in the first 1-2 weeks in my experience usually see successful conversions.

I think my order is within the first 48 hours (not the Nick Nolte & Eddie Murphy flick). Are my chances on the WL that good?

I think my order is within the first 48 hours (not the Nick Nolte & Eddie Murphy flick). Are my chances on the WL that good?

Yes. You just got yourself a Prime 1 TDKR Batman Exclusive.

Up top! :hi5:

:hi5: Sooo that's really great to hear... I ordered both today, just to be sure. When the EX is confirmed do you guys think Sideshow will maybe refund the standard NRD? *hopeful*

A few months ago I cancelled my Batman Noel order, because priorities, then later on I decided I really wanted it.
Contacted them about the NRD, asking if they could deduce it from my new order and they agreed. Your situation is pretty similar.
I can't guarantee that it always works out, I guess it's mostly about your request being handled by the right person having a good day.

Yes, Ive found them very reasonable. There was a post by someone earlier regarding a waitlist coversion and wanting to go to flexpay.

Sideshow have allowed me to do this and even included the non refundable deposit within my payment plan. I have always personally called them and they have never refused to help me in anyway they can.

I have even cancelled a waitlist then had it re-instated several days later, and not lost the deposit.

I am in OZ. However I buy from sideshow only the exclusives if I can get them.

Klwn I did exactly the same with Noel as well. :lol

They are always happy to help.

Ya snooze ya lose and boy was I snoozing... Put myself on waitlist. Too excited about my Wolverine and Vader coming in this week and completely forgot about this pre order...

The sheer scale of this thing still blows me away. However the shelf presence on this thing makes my mouth water.
8420a97f63b932999565aedba3f47fbf.jpg
4075548cbcf3bc53fb77eafed06161a1.jpg
214a4088092b5642009789c28cc180ea.jpg
e63c7d7c38f79a478c451d8ac39cfc62.jpg
81f1c4bbec32409b20ab2afd4258aaad.jpg

It's insane. As I said earlier, it wasn't until I saw the bloodied head sculpt that I knew this was going to be epic. Prime 1 deviated from their standard museum pose for this and it was a worthy gamble on their part. I hope they continue this trend with more dynamic poses.

Yeah it's definitely killer. It's one of the best, if not the best Bats statue ever made imo. This incarnation of Batman in Miller's comic will alway be my favorite.

To those of you who ordered yesterday: did you get an early invitation or something? I got the weekly newsletter today, thinking the preorder opened today, went to order it and found the ex on wait list. That was pretty fast.

Prime1 posted this on their Facebook page yesterday morning, I just emailed my sideshow customer rep and asked if it was going up for PO, he replied that it would go up in the afternoon PT and I shared that info with the folks here about an hour before it went live.

It was pure luck in my case.

I knew by all the hype it was due to go up any day after Prime 1 had it on their web site. It was early morning here in Australia when I first checked. Not up.
About an hour later checked again. Presto !!! Pre-ordered immediately.

It waitlisted in approx (4 -1/2hrs ) I think . From the initial pre-order. Very fast indeed.

Prime 1 Studio - The Dark Knight Returns "Frank Miller"[1/3 Scale]

I think a nice option for the base would have been to have the mutant leader actually painted and covered in blood. Instead of it just being painted stone like.

Re: Prime 1 Studio - The Dark Knight Returns "Frank Miller"[1/3 Scale]

I think a nice option for the base would have been to have the mutant leader actually painted and covered in blood. Instead of it just being painted stone like.

I thought that too, but decided it would probably take focus away from Batman.

Thought the same but then realized the Mutant sculpt is not in scale. He's a lot bigger than Batman, while the portion of the sculpted body is as big if not smaller than Batman, scale wise. And yes, I also think it would have taken the focus away from Bats

Back