Statue Prime 1 Studio - The Dark Knight Returns "Frank Miller"[1/3 Scale]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow and their tricks. Never take their waitlist seriously. They did the same for EX Arkham Knight Batman - also "sold out" within the same day. Go put your name on that waitlist now and see you'll convert in about a week. I ordered this before it was waitlisted cause I know I want it - but I'm not for one second gonna believe that this is actually waitlisted. It's misleading and a bad business ethic they're developing.

Sideshow and their tricks. Never take their waitlist seriously. They did the same for EX Arkham Knight Batman - also "sold out" within the same day. Go put your name on that waitlist now and see you'll convert in about a week. I ordered this before it was waitlisted cause I know I want it - but I'm not for one second gonna believe that this is actually waitlisted. It's misleading and a bad business ethic they're developing.

Isn't it possible that yours converted because they were allocated more from Prime 1?

Confused on the black VS blue. Did he wear this black costume at some point in the comic, or is it a video game version? It's been so long since I've read it I can't recall. I'd look at my DKR comics but they are sealed in mylar :rotfl

Prime 1 Studio - The Dark Knight Returns "Frank Miller"[1/3 Scale]

I managed to grab the exclusive literally 5 mins before it went into WL, and only because a friend just happened to text me that it was up for PO. This Miller run is my favorite incarnation of Batman ever in the comics. F--king loved it. I think some folks will hopefully convert later on, but then again, this is my first Prime 1 Studio product I'm picking up, so who knows in the end. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can't Wait...

169rype.jpg

I personally don't like a fabric cape, fully sculpted is my preference, these 2 are perfect for my taste.

Confused on the black VS blue. Did he wear this black costume at some point in the comic, or is it a video game version? It's been so long since I've read it I can't recall. I'd look at my DKR comics but they are sealed in mylar :rotfl

At the start of the comic he wore the blue suit with yellow logo until he got the $H!T beat out of him. Then came back and wore a new black suit that this statue is based on. He used the rifle when he wore the blue suit however....

On a side note, does anyone know how many units sideshow gets of the full edition size from Prime1? I can't imagine they would get more than 1/3rd but maybe they made a good deal with them.

Like others have mentioned above, jumped on the waitlist. Mighty impressive but with SSC Bane, I need to decide if want to keep my Modern age BATMAN PF and make those two my centerpiece or jump to 1/3. Waiting on Lee version. Congrats to everyone out there that got the exclusive.

Same here. Seem like once you jump into the 1/3... Kind of put a halt to purchasing 1/4. Can't have them all. But with the 1/4, you seem to get more characters.

Like others have mentioned above, jumped on the waitlist. Mighty impressive but with SSC Bane, I need to decide if want to keep my Modern age BATMAN PF and make those two my centerpiece or jump to 1/3. Waiting on Lee version. Congrats to everyone out there that got the exclusive.

I'm satisfied with 1/4 to pair Modern Age Bats with Bane or make it the centerpiece between the Catwoman and Black Canary PFs (depends on Bane's price.) I envy everyone who found a 1/3 Batman, whether it's one of P1's offerings or Iron Studios's, they like. The only P1 pieces I've been tempted to drop pre-order money for the EXs were Two-Face and Deathstroke, but I didn't want the largest pieces in my set-up to be villains (Catwoman being my exception.)

The more I look at all the pics, the harder it is to decide my favorite display option. The battle damaged head is actually growing on me. Funny how the tried and true batarangs are again the EX.

The more I look at all the pics, the harder it is to decide my favorite display option. The battle damaged head is actually growing on me. Funny how the tried and true batarangs are again the EX.

The battle damaged head is what sold me on this. When they first announced this piece I was on the fence. But when I saw the pics from SDCC, the battle damage suit, bloodied face, torn cowl and slumped pose pushed me over the edge. If they had just done a clean museum pose (gasp, like the AO Bat) I would likely just had passed

It was the battle-damaged portrait for sure. I didn't know anything about this until SDCC hit. First it was the portrait, battered and bleeding, then I saw him holding the rifle. Knew I had to have it. The batarangs were just icing on the cake.

Like a few others I just hopped on the waitlist too. At this price there will be a ton of cancellations so we'll get on no problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back