Statue Prime 1 Studio - The Dark Knight Returns "Frank Miller"[1/3 Scale]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a reason for the base? Did Batman just finish a fight with the dude on the base?

Is there a reason for the base? Did Batman just finish a fight with the dude on the base?

It's pretty much an homage to the Super Mutant leader who he fights in the story. If you haven't read it I don't want to ruin it but it's a really cool detail from P1. Down to the nipple caps lol.

If you haven't read DKR by Frank Miller - read it - one of the best comic novels ever produced. Many of the current comics and movies stem from that series

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you haven't read DKR by Frank Miller - read it - one of the best comic novels ever produced. Many of the current comics and movies stem from that series

Yea DK Returns is a masterpiece. The lame sequels not so much but this one is a stand alone. Pretty much the Godfather of Batman books.

Actually it's not. With flexpay you get the product after you are done paying. Not the case when you buy a house or a car, or simply borrow money to buy something.

Flexpay is the exact same thing as saving the monthly sum on an account then paying in full at the end when the product is released. But people don't want to do that because if they have the money on their account, they feel like they could spend it on something else. At least here they know it goes towards paying off the statue every month. And of course you get to place an early pre-order, avoiding any risk of not getting the statue if it's sold out by the time it starts shipping.

This is a good point. The only issue I have with flex pay is not having the option to cancel if something comes up (lose a lot more than just the deposit). To combat that I have come up with a new solution. I select full pay on all orders. I then buy $100 in SS gift cards each month. It is just like flex pay with a lot more flexibility. I will have $1.2K by next year and if a month comes up I don't want to buy the gift card I just skip it. I can't do that with flex pay. Also, if another another statue comes up that I really like the funds are already their to pay for it. It maybe stupid to some people but it works for me.

This is a good point. The only issue I have with flex pay is not having the option to cancel if something comes up (lose a lot more than just the deposit). To combat that I have come up with a new solution. I select full pay on all orders. I then buy $100 in SS gift cards each month. It is just like flex pay with a lot more flexibility. I will have $1.2K by next year and if a month comes up I don't want to buy the gift card I just skip it. I can't do that with flex pay. Also, if another another statue comes up that I really like the funds are already their to pay for it. It maybe stupid to some people but it works for me.

Nice! I flex pay all my purchases. It's the only way I can swing it as I know I wouldn't save that money when its ready to ship. It just comes out of my bank card so no interest building on any CC's. Flex pay FTW!!

There is no right or wrong way to pay for a figure/ item. Dropping a lump sum payment in one shot is nothing for some people and some people prefer to have smaller and frequent payments spread over a certain period, some people would rather budget the small payments themselves (like you) or some people would rather have ssc handle the small payments and be done with it....

Anyone who tells you your specific method is wrong without knowing your personal financial situation inside and out is sorely incompetent in financial matters and definitely doesn't understand that there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all financial concept. And if that person claims to be a registered rep/ financial professional, then they need to go back and examine their ethical standards.

Does SSC let you apply GC on an existing order once it's time to pay for it? (in this case, full pay)

And yeah, I choose to pay in full simply because it works for me. However you have to, do it and get this statue, it truly looks to be the best Batman collectible ever made.

Does SSC let you apply GC on an existing order once it's time to pay for it? (in this case, full pay)

And yeah, I choose to pay in full simply because it works for me. However you have to, do it and get this statue, it truly looks to be the best Batman collectible ever made.

I may be wrong, but I think they are legally obligated to let you use your gift card when paying in full. I pay 10% deposit upfront and then when full pay comes due I give them a call and have them take "X" out of my gift card total to pay for the statue.

tdk_zpsli1tkiip.png

Awww, just like school photo day. Smile for the camera ... Cmon, just a little grin ...

It's pretty much an homage to the Super Mutant leader who he fights in the story. If you haven't read it I don't want to ruin it but it's a really cool detail from P1. Down to the nipple caps lol.

If you watch the Anime Dark Knight returns, you will see the fight and some backstory its really awesome if you have not seen it.

Thanks everyone

Back