Statue Prime 1 Studio - The Dark Knight Returns "Frank Miller"[1/3 Scale]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sigh. My first Prime 1 piece and the figure's taking a long time to reach our local distributor's warehouse. It usually takes just about a month or two after release in Japan/US for their statues to get here, but this one would arrive next month -- almost half a year after the first in-hand pics went out :gah:

So a month after my previous comment regarding the delay on our supply of P1 TDKR, I messaged the owner of the shop I ordered from (they're also the local distributor). I was prompted by their most recent post of Prime 1 arrivals that's noticeably without TDKR.

I was told that they were also expecting TDKR to be with this batch of P1 figures they got in this week, and now they were told we'll have it either by late February or early March. It looks like we'll get the bottom batch.

Sigh, if this weren't my personal grail and the fact that this is sold out and somewhat scarce on our local market I would have already cancelled by now.

So a month after my previous comment regarding the delay on our supply of P1 TDKR, I messaged the owner of the shop I ordered from (they're also the local distributor). I was prompted by their most recent post of Prime 1 arrivals that's noticeably without TDKR.

I was told that they were also expecting TDKR to be with this batch of P1 figures they got in this week, and now they were told we'll have it either by late February or early March. It looks like we'll get the bottom batch.

Sigh, if this weren't my personal grail and the fact that this is sold out and somewhat scarce on our local market I would have already cancelled by now.

Worse case just order directly from P1 they have plenty of exclusives left

Worse case just order directly from P1 they have plenty of exclusives left

Thanks man, but I won't pay a lot of $$$ for the shipping and the custom fees. I'm also fine with the regular I ordered.

Our local distributor is highly reliable, it's just frustrating that when they had this unusual delay, TDKR Batman had to be it.

Well I preordered with Prime 1.

$299 plus $74 delivery. So $40.63 USD cheaper than I paid for the Blue version.

Should ship somewhere between March - May.

Yeah great. Some of their shipping rates are quite high , however if you miss out on an exclusive through Sideshow its just another option for Prime1 pieces for collectors here.

Yeah great. Some of their shipping rates are quite high , however if you miss out on an exclusive through Sideshow its just another option for Prime1 pieces for collectors here.

For us in Australia isn't the shipping pretty comparable?

I remember having a look and I think their 1/3 Justice League pieces were going for $200 in shipping.

EDIT: Just checked and it's actually $250 USD for delivery. I could've sworn it was 'only' $200 the last time I checked.

EDIT2: Now I'm thinking I should've waited and got it cheaper locally... oh well I'll get it a month or two earlier....maybe.

I think the reg is superb. Don't worry if you missed out on the exc

I did so well saying "NO" to this piece until they made those extra two heads available. I can't believe how much higher the shipping cost is for this piece this year as compared to last year! Directly from Prime 1 to Canada it costs $274 US just for shipping. It is a classic piece, however, and now with the different heads, I couldn't say no any longer.

I did so well saying "NO" to this piece until they made those extra two heads available. I can't believe how much higher the shipping cost is for this piece this year as compared to last year! Directly from Prime 1 to Canada it costs $274 US just for shipping. It is a classic piece, however, and now with the different heads, I couldn't say no any longer.

congrats dude, you will not regret it. It's a beast and a masterpiece.

Thanks! I was holding out for the next Miller Batman but had this nagging feeling that this one would still be the beastly standard even if the next one also looks just as great. :)

I think the black suits his personality more than the blue with the yellow symbol.
Good decision, I'm buying mine at the end of the week and should receive him next week 😃

Thanks! I was holding out for the next Miller Batman but had this nagging feeling that this one would still be the beastly standard even if the next one also looks just as great. :)

FYI, the next one is based on "The Master Race" not the earlier books.

If they do a blue version with this pose I'm all in

s248192446658816_p25_i4_w1090.jpeg

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this but it looks like you can see the fillings in his teeth on the new screaming portrait. What do you want to bet that they'll be silver? Maybe they are shadows but I wouldn't put it past Prime 1 to add that level of detail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back