Statue Prime 1 Studio Swamp Thing Statue 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
....And freakin expensive as hell! Damn!

It is a high price when compared to the SS PVC Swamp Thing statue, but that is made from PVC and this is Polystone.

I am a little surprised that there is not more support for this piece even with the expensive price.
I would have thought collectors would support and encourage a company who has taken the time to design and manufacture a quality statue that is made from Polystone rather than a company that has offered a cheap PVC statue that collectors should really see for what it truly is... an insult.

When I first saw images of this statue with the bird in his hand I thought it was such a beautiful design, still do.

Just from its execution imo this piece appears to be perfect (note I know practically nothing about this character).

I think the problem other than the price, is that many collectors prefer the original look over the more modern version.

If you look at most of the threads here (outside of XM pieces), there seems to be an overwhelming love for the original look of a character over more modern takes of a character, with movie versions (which I primarily collect) being the least popular.

i prefer this look to the ss swamp thing, there's just better characters that I would rather collect right now, but I'll definitely look at this down the line.

For me it's the price. It's practically $600 to $700 more than most of the other DC statues. If this was around the $1000 mark I'd definitely get it. For now I'm just holding off, I'm still considering it,especially since the whole pvc thing with the Maquette, but have to wait.

For me it's the price. It's practically $600 to $700 more than most of the other DC statues. If this was around the $1000 mark I'd definitely get it. For now I'm just holding off, I'm still considering it,especially since the whole pvc thing with the Maquette, but have to wait.

:exactly:

Overall, a great video giving us a look at this.

Positives - the statue looks great for the most part and if you can handle the size, it definitely has a presence; the paints look pretty clean also; finally, they do give you a lot of display options
Negatives - some of the colors don't match up (hands seemed much lighter than the body) and there are some pretty visible seams; also, some of the pieces looked pretty fragile and the magnets on the arms didn't look too strong

Personally, at that price point, I'd be a little disappointed. Maybe it looks better in hand.

Awesome looking statue but not a character I care enough about to spend that kind of cash. With Prime 1, I need to be very selective with purchases due to display space limitations (1/3 and 1/2 scale are bigger ****ers) and also due to how pricey they are.

The size and lots of switch outs are great, unfortunately the paint job just seems lacking to me

Back