Statue Prime 1 Studio: Suicide Squad - 1/3 Harley Quinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man really angry :mad:

There's a picture - someone got her.
People are talking about the packaging. She's wrapped in paper not "fabric".
And there is an unboxing video https://youtu.be/cqUEnvvQhwA

But now, I got the delay mail from Sideshow: May - Jun 2018

It's not the first one to be packaged like that in the past month.

If I'm remembering correctly, the Origins Batman and the Red Hood Story Pack statues were packaged the same way with paper rather than cloth.

Nor did I believe were they taped with their usual blue Prime 1 tape.

Oh man really angry :mad:

There's a picture - someone got her.
People are talking about the packaging. She's wrapped in paper not "fabric".
And there is an unboxing video https://youtu.be/cqUEnvvQhwA

But now, I got the delay mail from Sideshow: May - Jun 2018

Must be an early production piece- yes we aren't getting it until May/June- so it's going to be produced in batches like other Prime 1 stuff

Does this delay officially qualify for cancellation with full refund or do we need one more month?

Was she same as the prototype statue, no improvements on the head sculpt or does it look better?

Looks good and I am glad I have this on PO. Just not happy about the delay, but if it's to improve this then I am all for it. Can't wait for this beauty.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Seems like delays are now automatic for prime1

Yep. It's been that way for awhile now. If it says 18 months to release, I would usually plan for 2 years. There would be a few exceptions, but not many.

Does this delay officially qualify for cancellation with full refund or do we need one more month?

Was she same as the prototype statue, no improvements on the head sculpt or does it look better?

Is it just me or have you been asking the same cancel delay query across many statue threads? Do you currently have too many preorders or something?

Why do some of you make the decision to cancel over a delay? I'm legitimately curious. I see cancellation comments for basically every statue that gets delayed, but I don't understand why...

Maybe some of you host viewing parties? :lol

Why do some of you make the decision to cancel over a delay? I'm legitimately curious. I see cancellation comments for basically every statue that gets delayed, but I don't understand why...

Maybe some of you host viewing parties? :lol

For some people, I guess priorities change.

Or maybe other statues etc go up for preorder that are of greater importance, as many collectors either have limited display space or funds or both.

And for some, they get caught up in the rush of getting in their preorder that they don't consider all their options and end up regretting it.

Whereas for me, as I order most of my pieces locally through Popcultcha, I don't need to wait for a delay. I can cancel anytime and I don't lose out on my deposit, like you can with Sideshow. I did this recently with the Prime 1 1/3 Joker as I preferred the Arkham Knight version over that of the Origins one that I ordered first.

Given that I wasn't getting any of the 1/3 Suicide Squad statues, I thought it would be nice to get the Head Set that Prime 1 was offering:-

IMG_1588.jpg

IMG_1589.jpg

IMG_1590.jpg

IMG_1591.jpg

IMG_1592.jpg

Given that I wasn't getting any of the 1/3 Suicide Squad statues, I thought it would be nice to get the Head Set that Prime 1 was offering:-

View attachment 400349

View attachment 400350

View attachment 400351

View attachment 400352

View attachment 400353
Nice, congrats. Especially Harley looks really nice.

And they are wrapped with cloth not paper.
Maybe the statue and the one pic above are still some kind of early statues. Remembering that there was a Joker picture maybe one momth ago, but still there is no official shipping.

And what do you meant with usual blue Prime 1 tape?
I remember that my new52 Superman was wrapped with cloth and had the blue tape.
Green Lantern on the other hand, was wrapped with paper and had clear tape.

Thanks!

These heads look great.

Nice setup Phoenix, 1/2 scale supes and bats behind glass - very nice man.

Thanks. Wish I could get the Wonder Woman, but it won't fit in the same units because of her sword and shield.

And unfortunately I think the head set is no longer being sold.

The Prime 1 webpage that had the listing has disappeared completely. Doesn't even say sold out etc.

I think it is awesome to have such big pieces behind glass. I couldn't imagine how cool that must look in person.
(I was pretty blown away when I first saw 1/3 scale pieces in cabinets, but 1/2 scale that is sick).

I think it is awesome to have such big pieces behind glass. I couldn't imagine how cool that must look in person.
(I was pretty blown away when I first saw 1/3 scale pieces in cabinets, but 1/2 scale that is sick).

But you have to keep in mind that most won't like what I've done here, as I've simply used the normal Glassvik doors on the Besta Cabinets. Which unfortunately results in large black bevels running through the middle of the display.

For me it doesn't really bother me, as I wasn't looking at getting custom doors done for it, and it was a must that those two particular statues were enclosed, because of an excess amount of dust in my house. As I didn't want to risk damaging the mixed media material costume on both statues.

Still looks awesome with the Glassvik doors. Dust is always a concern, especially with mixed media material.
You planning on getting any more 1/2 scale pieces?

Back