Statue Prime 1 Studio: Suicide Squad - 1/3 Harley Quinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Counter it in what way?

I should've more specifically said it counters the playability in favor of aesthetics, which I guess only affects the longevity if display WW's arms in a pose that would wear on the almost-seamless body, Harley in one with bent knees.

For the character alone?

Yeah, while KryptoSlush might've correctly brought up that Robbie's sinister smile on PF portrait is more prevalent in the actual film than the manic one that a display option here and the only option on the HT, I think the bubblegum-blowing head sculpt is quintessential SS Harley and also more fun. I think Robbie did as an plausible an interpretation of my first love, the Animated Series version, as could be expected in live action, but the manic smile option bridges the two for me in a way I like. Felt the same about the Arkham Knight piece with its cute wink and crazy smile options.

I should've more specifically said it counters the playability in favor of aesthetics, which I guess only affects the longevity if display WW's arms in a pose that would wear on the almost-seamless body, Harley in one with bent knees.

Ahh I get what you mean now.

Yeah, while KryptoSlush might've correctly brought up that Robbie's sinister smile on PF portrait is more prevalent in the actual film than the manic one that a display option here and the only option on the HT, I think the bubblegum-blowing head sculpt is quintessential SS Harley and also more fun.

Speaking of which, Sideshow could have easily offered that as a second head sculpt, people would bash it less for likeness then to. Although going by that PF thread, seems most people think the likeness is great.

I think Robbie did as an plausible an interpretation of my first love, the Animated Series version, as could be expected in live action, but the manic smile option bridges the two for me in a way I like. Felt the same about the Arkham Knight piece with its cute wink and crazy smile options.

Oh I see.

The Sideshow PF by no means has a perfect Robbie likeness. But its a really good, really beautiful sculpt - so good that this really does not matter. For perfection of likeness I look to HT.

The Sideshow PF by no means has a perfect Robbie likeness. But its a really good, really beautiful sculpt - so good that this really does not matter.

Agreed, it might not be perfect but I can tell it's Robbie, granted mainly on certain angles.

For perfection of likeness I look to HT.

How do you feel about the likeness on this one then?

How do you feel about the likeness on this one then?

I don't feel that this particular piece has much of a likeness to Robbie. In fact, the laughing sculpt looks a lot like an ex-coworker of mine... its not a bad sculpt, none of them are but neither do they make me say WOW. The bubblegum sculpt is cute but not anything I cant live without.

Is there a chance they'll put work into it like they did Wonder Woman if there is a lot of people who voice their concerns that the sculpt may not look like Margot?

I still love this. I only need one version of her in statue form so I'm sticking to this over the SS one.

I don't feel that this particular piece has much of a likeness to Robbie.

Like I said before I can tell it's her but that's about as far as I will go, I agree the facial likeness is pretty off. The PF IMO has better likeness.

In fact, the laughing sculpt looks a lot like an ex-coworker of mine... its not a bad sculpt, none of them are but neither do they make me say WOW. The bubblegum sculpt is cute but not anything I cant live without.

I have the same feeling.

For me it's hard enough to sell a 1/4 scale statue when you want to replace it with something else... I imagine a 1/3 scale statue at $1000+ will be really hard to sell down the road. Shipping prices for these large statues will be ridiculous for individual people who don't have an corporate account.

For me it's hard enough to sell a 1/4 scale statue when you want to replace it with something else...

Yeah I find that to, mainly due to the high shipping price for such large items.

I imagine a 1/3 scale statue at $1000+ will be really hard to sell down the road. Shipping prices for these large statues will be ridiculous for individual people who don't have an corporate account.

That's for sure, especially if you ship outside the US, 1/2 scale would be even worse! :horror

Last edited:
Yeah I find that to, mainly due to the high shipping price for such large items.

That's for sure, especially if you ship outside the US, 1/2 scale would be even worse! :horror

Unfortunately that's why selling any of my pieces has never really been viable, nor has it ever been part of my decision making process like it is for many others when they preorder a piece.

Because most collectors are in the US and Europe, and the market here in Australia I'm assuming would be fairly small, the shipping costs to offload a piece would be excessive.

Unfortunately that's why selling any of my pieces has never really been viable, nor has it ever been part of my decision making process like it is for many others when they preorder a piece.

Well it's not like I buy a piece hoping that I can sell it later on, it's more like if I have to sell it because I am in of funds how am I going to do it? I am not a flipper, quite the opposite in fact, l hate selling things, but sometimes circumstances change and u feel there is no other way.

Because most collectors are in the US and Europe, and the market here in Australia I'm assuming would be fairly small, the shipping costs to offload a piece would be excessive.

That's true, but even if u do manage to sell one here, the boxes for most scales 1/4 & above are too big for Australia Post to post them, thus, u have to rely on a courier. So it's still very expensive to post domestically. Unless of course u have an account with Australia Post.

After getting the hot toys Harley and having so much fun with it because the sculpt is that good, my enthusiasm for this statue is waning because I know even the best head sculpt of the bunch still is not close enough to Margot Robbie. It's such a shame because everything else is so on point but the fun is really in the likeness. I am cancelling my preorder if prime 1 doesn't address the issue in the next few months. Peace out mofos
477f9d339a36b74418fd6eb138631650.jpg

This is 1 of only three preorders I have for the next year or so. The likeness on the hot toys head sculpt looks the best in photos while I think 2 from this statue are a close second. I can't get myself to see 1/6 figures as anything more than dolls anymore. I collected the entire Nolan batman line and sold them because it bugged me. The head sculpts are great but the joints and sometimes ill fitting costumes bug me. I think as a person collects for some time they get more selective with what they like. Years back I would buy things left and right in all scales, mediums, and brands. Now, and I think prices have a lot to do with this, I only buy what fits my criteria. Large scale, an important character to me, fits together well structurally, fully sculpted. After 7 years collecting, this is what I've come up with after many regretful purchases. If there is something I don't think I will like about a statue, gone from consideration. This makes the "incredible" statues that come along every once in a while that more special. The thing that sold me on this statue was the laughing head sculpt. I think the likeness is there and it's unique. Not many statue makers try to do expressions. It looks like a fun statue and an eye catcher with lots of detail. The Sideshow's blank stare is boring with few alternate display options. If you're happy with the hot toys and really don't think you'll like the prime 1 offering, it's good to know before it ships. You'll save a bunch of money and avoid the hassle of reselling it. With the money saved you'll free up funds for 4-5 figures. It doesn't seem like a hard decision if you're not head over heels to buy it. When you spend $900 on something like this it should be a "must have" for you. Anyway good luck with your decision.

I do hope Prime 1 improves the likeness on the sculpts, but I just don't like the expression on the Hot Toys face at all. It would be fine if it had multiple heads, but with that being the only one I just don't think it works with a lot of poses, and I'd get sick of it quickly which is why I didn't buy it. It also looks like a Barbie doll to me, but at least its not as bad as the new one they just put up for p.o. with the rooted hair.

I received a delay notice for her tonight. Does that mean we are allowed to get a full refund including the NRD? If we are on flex payments, do we still get a full refund or do we have fees? Thinking about waiting for final production photos to come out first...

I received a delay notice for her tonight. Does that mean we are allowed to get a full refund including the NRD? If we are on flex payments, do we still get a full refund or do we have fees? Thinking about waiting for final production photos to come out first...
This sucks really..
Got one message, too

Mar - Apr 2018 they say.
Ordered her back in january.

Up to now I cancelled two times. Allways got my NRD back. But i was cancelling after the second delay.

This is TYPICAL for Prime 1. They have six month delays on many pieces. I'm personally glad to wait 3-4 months more on this as I have way too many pieces coming in in the next month or so- whew!

I think I may just stick to the Arkham Origins line, even though I have the Catwoman from Knight on order... how would one go about asking Sideshow to cancel due to delay, and is there a fee for cancelling something with flex payments with reason being delay?

Back