Statue Prime 1 Studio - Optimus Prime

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope from ss, but ss don't give replacement anymore, offered $100 for 5 broken parts, so I email prime 1 and asked, the same thing as sideshow said, no more replacement from their factory!

Wow that sucks $100 only for 5 broken pieces. For a 2K statue you should expect more. I wont be happy if they cant replace my ax since thats what i wanted to display him with.....

Wow that sucks $100 only for 5 broken pieces. For a 2K statue you should expect more. I wont be happy if they cant replace my ax since thats what i wanted to display him with.....

Prepare for the worse bro, I have few friends face the same issue, partial refund is not gonna work for $2k statues!!! Good luck bro

...This really sucks.... This makes me think if cc resin is the appropriate material for intricate and pre-assembled statue. Maybe it should be in plastic parts and metal (see the Hulk buster from Hot Toys).

I cancelled mine and will go to the AOE ultimate with Galvatron.

This was a hard decision after 1 year of wait, but, being fatehr agin in September and seeing all those problems (and especially dealing with a local reseller in Belgium which could complicate things as replacement).

...sigh... I still hope to get a good opportunity with time passing...

...This really sucks.... This makes me think if cc resin is the appropriate material for intricate and pre-assembled statue. Maybe it should be in plastic parts and metal (see the Hulk buster from Hot Toys).

This was a hard decision after 1 year of wait, but, being fatehr agin in September and seeing all those problems (and especially dealing with a local reseller in Belgium which could complicate things as replacement).

prime 1 do have good stuff, BUT if they can't replace any parts that was so easy damaged, no one will buy from them, who wants a $2k statues with damaged and fix yourself ? I cancel my order as well, also 3 of my friends. very disappoint with prime 1.

I had a 2-3 'relatively small' issues with regards to my Optimus. Especially in comparison to the recent posts, as I had no breakages.

Well.. Other then the magnet plug on the left hand attachment breaking off in the arm. If I didn't remedy that myself I would be screaming (etc.) as well.

When I first received mine, I didn't think I was so lucky... But now I do.

I hope everyone who has had issues gets some sort of fix.

The problem with using an excess amount of plastic is that many in the collectible community would hit the roof upon hearing that information, and immediately forgo purchasing the item.

Heck, as it is I think they may have used too much plastic as it is. The breakages that have occurred may have nothing to do with the mold, but with the packing etc.

The reason why I don't like the plastic is that one of three issues that I had, had to do with the right hand side door which is completely made of plastic. The problem was that it had plastic sprue/gate marks. As if I was putting together a plastic model kit... badly. Usually it would be an easy fix, as long as I had the right paint which matched the original colour. (And I have noticed this same issue in at least two other pics which were posted, but never mentioned or maybe not noticed).

Sometimes I wish that all Statues came with a small selection of paints so that we can do touchups to fix very small cosmetic issues.

I understand your point of view and concern. I only have the BD bust of Optimus Prime: it first surprised me, but, then, with so much parts, it had to be the way it is: plastic and resin parts.

Unfortunately, the more you have parts, the more breackage is possible.

And, I do agree: some paint would have been good in case of "work" on some parts.

Neverveless, I do think Prime 1 will reconsider making a Sentinel prime now, as it is as intricate as Optimus Dotm.

Nope from ss, but ss don't give replacement anymore, offered $100 for 5 broken parts, so I email prime 1 and asked, the same thing as sideshow said, no more replacement from their factory!

Think they used up all the replacement parts they had when they shipped out 2 months ago the regular one I remember a lot of people saying the same thing...
Sucks man wait so long and end up getting items that are broken... Hope everything works out !!

The main issue is the price. "You get what you pay for" at this price point means perfection.

It's defn not a piece where you get what you payed for, but could the issue be more about the packaging/boxes and not the piece being too fragile?? ECC/CM boxes are built like a brick house.

Well, I lucked out with my Optimus replacement I think. They actually had a left arm and Mega Striker Gun replacement and are sending them my way. I was not so lucky with Megatron however. SS said the most they could credit me for his broken chest is $75. I decided to go with a replacement and am a little scared lol. This will be the first statue I had to return and I get the feeling this will be painful :-(

Agreed. At this price point perfection is expected. Finally opened and inspected my replacement parts. Considering the state of the box they were actually in good shape. Considering. The replacement left leg has a broken toe but can be re glued easily. Replacement right leg has the same problem where the knee fitting won't fit correctly but it's not as bad as the origin.

The replacement right arm tho, ever get the feeling you got someone else's reject, at this point I'll just make it work. Still I'm closer to getting the bad ass prime I was looki for

As for all the damaged parts and the axe. Can I ask what condition the shipping box was in. There might be a case to clame off of FedEx for excessive mistreatment of your parcel.

And for the BS excuse of no replacement parts. SS gave me the same excuses but I insisted on a replacement FOC on the grounds of failures in QC and all of a sudden replacement parts were found.

When did you guys get your replacement parts. They just told me today that they can't repalce my broken parts but can give me a credit.

image.jpg

Here are my broken pieces. The Ax is completely bent.

Well, I lucked out with my Optimus replacement I think. They actually had a left arm and Mega Striker Gun replacement and are sending them my way. I was not so lucky with Megatron however. SS said the most they could credit me for his broken chest is $75. I decided to go with a replacement and am a little scared lol. This will be the first statue I had to return and I get the feeling this will be painful :-(

When did you send in photos for a replacement. Has it been awhile. I know I sent my photos today and they already responded with we dont have any more replacement parts.

When did you send in photos for a replacement. Has it been awhile. I know I sent my photos today and they already responded with we dont have any more replacement parts.

I sent my pictures to them on Tuesday and was notified yesterday they were able to find the parts. I must have lucked out on the specific parts that were broken or something because I had no luck with Megatron.

I sent my pictures to them on Tuesday and was notified yesterday they were able to find the parts. I must have lucked out on the specific parts that were broken or something because I had no luck with Megatron.

Thats crazy. So I sent mines today 2 days after you and their already out of replacement parts. :slap

I guess Im just gonna attempt to glue my pieces back together. Either that or return him for a full refund and takes my chances ordering another one since the EX is still available. With my luck he'll probably arrived in worse condition then the one I already have.....:lol

Are you able to get a full refund?

If you are can you buy another, and possibly mix and match, and return the broken one?

Back