Statue Prime 1 Studio - Optimus Prime

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're lucky. My Optimus is a mess. Sideshow offered me a $100 in-house credit for a badly painted eye on the battle masked head and a 1" diameter unsanded patch on the middle of the base. I decided to accept this stupid offer unrealized an even bigger issue will occur. I had a custom pedestal and acrylic cover made for this statue and when it arrived last week, I decided to place Optimus without the base on the pedestal. It did not stand safely and very wobbly about to fall over. I checked what the hell is going on and realized the left feet/toes are uneven and wonky, only 2 toes are touching the surface and heal part has one side a lot higher the other. Comparing my Optimus left feet with other people's statue, mine's definitely defected. So, I a got call from Sideshow that they will not offer me a exchange or refund because I have accepted their initial offer for the eye and base inquiry and my case is closed unrealized there's a problem with the left feet also. The rep. told me the statue is NOT/CAN NOt stand freely on without the base. I just laughed, told him many people had display it with freely and even Kira, a Prime 1 representative on Statueforum.com said it could after a question about this. He insisted it can not stand freely and now need a few days to do some research on this. I had this statue for less than 2 weeks. I told him to ask Prime 1 and check posted pictures. Oh yeah, I email these problems this to Prime 1 too.

Here are some of these pics with these defects:
Lockdown111's Library | Photobucket

A poor and stupid excuse of SS that the base is needed for proper standing. Mine has never been stood on base still stands firmly. Wish P1S can help your case.

You're lucky. My Optimus is a mess. Sideshow offered me a $100 in-house credit for a badly painted eye on the battle masked head and a 1" diameter unsanded patch on the middle of the base. I decided to accept this stupid offer unrealized an even bigger issue will occur. I had a custom pedestal and acrylic cover made for this statue and when it arrived last week, I decided to place Optimus without the base on the pedestal. It did not stand safely and very wobbly about to fall over. I checked what the hell is going on and realized the left feet/toes are uneven and wonky, only 2 toes are touching the surface and heal part has one side a lot higher the other. Comparing my Optimus left feet with other people's statue, mine's definitely defected. So, I a got call from Sideshow that they will not offer me a exchange or refund because I have accepted their initial offer for the eye and base inquiry and my case is closed unrealized there's a problem with the left feet also. The rep. told me the statue is NOT/CAN NOt stand freely on without the base. I just laughed, told him many people had display it with freely and even Kira, a Prime 1 representative on Statueforum.com said it could after a question about this. He insisted it can not stand freely and now need a few days to do some research on this. I had this statue for less than 2 weeks. I told him to ask Prime 1 and check posted pictures. Oh yeah, I email these problems this to Prime 1 too.

Here are some of these pics with these defects:

yes i was pissed that i cant get the replacement either, they have total 2500 piece and they don't have replacement? i call it bs. sorry to hear your problem, and ss have to realize that with time goes by, there will be some problem pop out like leaning issue , and they should take care of it !

yes i was pissed that i cant get the replacement either, they have total 2500 piece and they don't have replacement? i call it bs. sorry to hear your problem, and ss have to realize that with time goes by, there will be some problem pop out like leaning issue , and they should take care of it !

DO NOT KEEP .ITS NOT YOUR FAIL.you made your duty.YOU PAY IT!

Just got back from the UPS store after dropping off my defected Optimus Prime Ex. statue and still fuming over another call I got from the Sideshow rep this morning. He was willing to give me a full refund plus shipping but not an exchange. If I want another one, I would have to order again even though the EX and regular are still available. He told me I should not be displaying it without the base like what other people are doing. I told him Prime 1 said it can be display by itself and I asked him if he had checked with Prime 1. He said no but translated Prime 1's web page and told me , "yes it can be free standing but for safety it should be on the base. If I continue to display it without the base, the warranty will be invalid." WTF? I was so pissed but remain calm and didn't even curse once. I had enough and ask him to send me the proper paper works.

I just don't understand, Sideshow is just the distributor for Prime 1. If there are legitimate defects, take the item back or give an exchange and claim it against the manufacturer (Prime 1) and stop this round and round craps.

After flexing Optimus for the last year and spending over $3200-3500 Canadian, I was so excited to get this big guy finally and then this fiasco. This just an ausome, beautiful, very intricate detailed piece, a replica right off the movie. IMHO this is the definitative Optimus Prime statue and will get him later when the
exchange rate against the US dollar is better.

I am really pissed right now, and sorry about my ranting. If anyone decided to get the Optimus Prime Ex and received #367/500, send it back. You wouldn't want the headache and the wonky left leg feet and toes that come with it.

Did you ever try it on the base?

As I'm just wondering if your particular issue could be more widespread; but because most will utilise the provided base (me included), will never know there is a possible problem.

Did you ever try it on the base?

As I'm just wondering if your particular issue could be more widespread; but because most will utilise the provided base (me included), will never know there is a possible problem.

The first thing I did was place him on the base to check him over. I noticed some defects with the eyes and the unsanded patch on the base and contacted Sideshow and accepted their $100 credit. Repacked it until I had my custom pedestal made. When the pedestal arrived, I decided to place him on it without the base and noticed the instability and wonky feet. Initially, I thought the toes were that way and the lift or gap of the feet was because of the groove on the base. After comparing with posted pics, mine was not right.

Here are pics from my photobucket page if you have not seen:

Phoenixblazes - (and any other Australian's who have purchased the Prime 1 Studio - Optimus Prime and/or Megatron statue/s) - did you purchase it locally or OS?

If locally - where? (Popcultcha?)

Or OS? How my did it cost to import? I just did some quick maths and it is around $3,600-$3,800 buy and import either of these statues (about $7,300 for both) - then again I could have my maths wrong!!

Cheers.

Phoenixblazes - (and any other Australian's who have purchased the Prime 1 Studio - Optimus Prime and/or Megatron statue/s) - did you purchase it locally or OS?

If locally - where? (Popcultcha?)

Or OS? How my did it cost to import? I just did some quick maths and it is around $3,600-$3,800 buy and import either of these statues (about $7,300 for both) - then again I could have my maths wrong!!

Cheers.

If your numbers seem a bit high (don't know how much the shipping will be on two/three large boxes), they're probably not too far off the mark.

I got mine from Popcultcha. And given that it has held its original preorder price of $2,799.99, its probably the way to go. Unless of course if you want the exclusive.

I myself see the EX as unnecessary, given that you already have so many weapons to mix and match with.

I also used the Popcultcha rewards to reduce it down by 10% to $2,519.99 which made it a little easier to swallow. As prior to this the most expensive collectible that I had purchased was the Efx Mjolnir off of eBay.

Here's a quick picture of how uneven mine is. I will NOT be displaying without the base. I have request replacement parts. I'm hoping SS doesn't use your returned Optimus for parts and I end up getting it. image.jpg

Here's a quick picture of how uneven mine is. I will NOT be displaying without the base. I have request replacement parts. I'm hoping SS doesn't use your returned Optimus for parts and I end up getting it.View attachment 187471

I have found that because the left leg is sort of loose to the base, you can end of positioning the leg and therefore the foot at many different angles. I can get my left foot like yours, or I can get it 'looking like it is flat to the base' dependant on how far I pull the leg forward on the base. Heck I think my left leg looks better planted than the the original, I think, prototype pics of the statue.

As it is loose, I don't think I've seen any of the statue pics that have been posted, with the foot planted on the same exact part of the base. There is sometimes quite a big difference on where it has been set. Maybe an inch or two in any direction. I did this check when I first got my statue, because it looked like the head piece on my statue was at a slight tilt (very slight, but noticed because I currently have a shelf barely 5mm above) which I personally found a bit annoying, and thought if I repositioned the leg I might get the head to sit at a right angle with the shelf, but no luck (just made it worse). Heck for all I know it has been designed to be slightly tilted, and because there are no pics that I can compare mine to, as most statues have been displayed in open areas (as it should, but I'm currently limited by space). I assume if I put mine in the open I seriously doubt I would notice it.

It's probably due to the different molds/paint on the joints themselves. The best way to show how uneven the feet are, are to take pics of the statue without the base.

Forgive me for blabbing on like this.

Now I just thought, maybe my shelves themselves are not perfectly parallel with the desk. Maybe the plugs for the shelves have been mis drilled etc.....:slap

If your numbers seem a bit high (don't know how much the shipping will be on two/three large boxes), they're probably not too far off the mark.

I got mine from Popcultcha. And given that it has held its original preorder price of $2,799.99, its probably the way to go. Unless of course if you want the exclusive.

I myself see the EX as unnecessary, given that you already have so many weapons to mix and match with.

I also used the Popcultcha rewards to reduce it down by 10% to $2,519.99 which made it a little easier to swallow. As prior to this the most expensive collectible that I had purchased was the Efx Mjolnir off of eBay.

Thanks Phoenixblazes. It's a bit of coin to drop - especially now that I'm seeing images and clips on YouTube of some of the imperfections!! (I think they need to take a leaf out of Chronicles book and personally inspect every item before sending them off to the buyer - given the price).

Thanks Phoenixblazes. It's a bit of coin to drop - especially now that I'm seeing images and clips on YouTube of some of the imperfections!! (I think they need to take a leaf out of Chronicles book and personally inspect every item before sending them off to the buyer - given the price).

I personally consider the piece my grail in my small collection. It just stands out so much, and is so imposing. Whether it's worth the cost, is up to each individual collector.

I mean, if you compare it to what you else you could buy. Like maybe 4-5 PFs, or a selection of replicas, 1/2 scale statues or a mutitude of Hot Toys, it depends on what you collect.

Any imperfections I've found, I've personally been able to accept. As I nitpick quite a bit, I have asked for a couple of small replacement pieces, but haven't heard back yet.

But after having this piece in my collection for seven weeks, I can tell you I don't regret it one bit.

Well there is one thing....... having to remove the dust!

As it is quite detailed, with so many protrusions, indents, etc, it can collect quite a bit of dust.

Currently looking at having a display case made up for it (cover version [not door version] as per the rest that I have made up for my collection). Only issue with that, is that the acrylic is bound to weigh a tonne. At 6mm thick, it'll weigh anywhere between 20 to 30Kgs, and to lift it on and off if I ever change the position or weapons will be a pain.

I personally consider the piece my grail in my small collection. It just stands out so much, and is so imposing. Whether it's worth the cost, is up to each individual collector.

I mean, if you compare it to what you else you could buy. Like maybe 4-5 PFs, or a selection of replicas, 1/2 scale statues or a mutitude of Hot Toys, it depends on what you collect.

Any imperfections I've found, I've personally been able to accept. As I nitpick quite a bit, I have asked for a couple of small replacement pieces, but haven't heard back yet.

But after having this piece in my collection for seven weeks, I can tell you I don't regret it one bit.

Well there is one thing....... having to remove the dust!

As it is quite detailed, with so many protrusions, indents, etc, it can collect quite a bit of dust.

Currently looking at having a display case made up for it (cover version [not door version] as per the rest that I have made up for my collection). Only issue with that, is that the acrylic is bound to weigh a tonne. At 6mm thick, it'll weigh anywhere between 20 to 30Kgs, and to lift it on and off if I ever change the position or weapons will be a pain.

If there was a local distributor or collector who had both Megatron and Optimus (Exclusive*) new/sealed and in stock, I would possibly consider it. Unfortunately with the AUD the way it is, customs, paperwork etc. - I'm not sure if it's worth the extra cost and time trying to import them into Australia. I've also spent a bucket load on various other items of late and have several items on pre-order, so if I purchased these as well, it would push me well into the five figure dollar mark of purchases made already this year!!!

* I prefer limited runs on items - especially at that price point.

For your acrylic display case - have you considered getting some half decent suction cups with handles (like windscreen replacers use) to pick the case up? Then you can put them on/remove as you want - while giving you a (hopefully) safer way to pick up the display case, than just by the smooth acrylic itself.

Back