Statue Prime 1 Studio - Optimus Prime

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If there was a local distributor or collector who had both Megatron and Optimus (Exclusive*) new/sealed and in stock, I would possibly consider it. Unfortunately with the AUD the way it is, customs, paperwork etc. - I'm not sure if it's worth the extra cost and time trying to import them into Australia. I've also spent a bucket load on various other items of late and have several items on pre-order, so if I purchased these as well, it would push me well into the five figure dollar mark of purchases made already this year!!!

* I prefer limited runs on items - especially at that price point.

For your acrylic display case - have you considered getting some half decent suction cups with handles (like windscreen replacers use) to pick the case up? Then you can put them on/remove as you want - while giving you a (hopefully) safer way to pick up the display case, than just by the smooth acrylic itself.

Never thought of using suction handles before. But all thats running through my mind is the possibility of them coming loose, and the case shattering all over me.

Hi nocturmac. I think it comes down to personal preference. I like the look of the current version over the Knight version. But that is just me :)

I agree, the DOTM version is best. But keep in mind that there is likely to be a more expensive variation of the Knight version with interchangble parts.

Never thought of using suction handles before. But all thats running through my mind is the possibility of them coming loose, and the case shattering all over me.

Hopefully the acrylic would have a protective layer - so if it ever did break it wouldn't shatter all over the place!

Those suction cups are pretty hardcore - as you pump them up to create the seal etc. - although having said that, I don't know how much good ones cost (Looks like Bunnings selling Trojan ones for about $12 each).

Hi guys, been here a long time, just don't post much.

Anyway, I received my Prime 1 Optimus a couple of days ago. Although it's not as bad as some, it has it's share of problems...

First thing I notice as soon as I open the foam, is the silver tank from the top of the left arm is loose inside the bag. Everything is wrapped in paper inside a plastic bag....except this broken off piece. The sad thing is, it was put in there AFTER the arm was wrapped! Now, I know that the fact that the piece is broken off isn't the end of the world, but what really bothers me is that this had to have happened at the factory. The wrapping at the top of the arm was perfect and taped closed so there was no way it broke off in transit. A statue costing over $2200.00, and they just leave a broken part for the customer to find! Awful Quality Control.

I next turn my attention to the left leg... which has a scratch on the front...wonderful. I continue looking and find an area on inside surface that is a poor attempt at damage repair. The surface has bumps and valleys but was painted over anyway...what the hell, close enough.

I decide to assemble the statue just for s***'s & giggles. Of course both hip connections are loose, like almost everyone else's...Now here's the best part...I wanted to see how Optimus looked with the various switch out hands....and to my surprise both the axe and the shield are too heavy for the magnets and WON'T STAY IN! ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Anyway, I guess the whole thing is going back. Just can't decide if I'm willing to take a chance on ordering another one...

Thanks for letting me rant...

Anyway, I received my Prime 1 Optimus a couple of days ago. Although it's not as bad as some, it has it's share of problems...

First thing I notice as soon as I open the foam, is the silver tank from the top of the left arm is loose inside the bag. Everything is wrapped in paper inside a plastic bag....except this broken off piece. The sad thing is, it was put in there AFTER the arm was wrapped! Now, I know that the fact that the piece is broken off isn't the end of the world, but what really bothers me is that this had to have happened at the factory. The wrapping at the top of the arm was perfect and taped closed so there was no way it broke off in transit. A statue costing over $2200.00, and they just leave a broken part for the customer to find! Awful Quality Control.

I next turn my attention to the left leg... which has a scratch on the front...wonderful. I continue looking and find an area on inside surface that is a poor attempt at damage repair. The surface has bumps and valleys but was painted over anyway...what the hell, close enough.

I decide to assemble the statue just for s***'s & giggles. Of course both hip connections are loose, like almost everyone else's...Now here's the best part...I wanted to see how Optimus looked with the various switch out hands....and to my surprise both the axe and the shield are too heavy for the magnets and WON'T STAY IN! ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?

Anyway, I guess the whole thing is going back. Just can't decide if I'm willing to take a chance on ordering another one...

I'm sorry to hear about your many problems. That first thing regarding the tank is terrible QC.

Regarding the left arm weapons, I also used the shield on the first day and haven't used it since. It held ok, but I wasn't too confident that it'll last. I prefer the axe, and the only concern I had, was that any time I knocked (usually the axe, because where it was positioned) the statue as I walked by (currently have limited space), or moved the statue to reposition there was a 50/50 chance for the sucker to fall off.

With that in mind for the first two weeks, it never did fall out without any help.

But after the last time, I decided to ring (a few times) a length of normal thread around the back/rear armour plating of the lower arm to the handle of the axe (behind the hand), and now at least no matter how many times I knock the statue it hasn't fallen out. I know many people would hate to use this method, but from the front you can't see anything, and until I find a better place for it, it's the safer bet because some of these weapons weigh enough to be a statue all on their own.

I'm sorry to hear about your many problems. That first thing regarding the tank is terrible QC.

Regarding the left arm weapons, I also used the shield on the first day and haven't used it since. It held ok, but I wasn't too confident that it'll last. I prefer the axe, and the only concern I had, was that any time I knocked (usually the axe, because where it was positioned) the statue as I walked by (currently have limited space), or moved the statue to reposition there was a 50/50 chance for the sucker to fall off.

With that in mind for the first two weeks, it never did fall out without any help.

But after the last time, I decided to ring (a few times) a length of normal thread around the back/rear armour plating of the lower arm to the handle of the axe (behind the hand), and now at least no matter how many times I knock the statue it hasn't fallen out. I know many people would hate to use this method, but from the front you can't see anything, and until I find a better place for it, it's the safer bet because some of these weapons weigh enough to be a statue all on their own.

i had over 12 serious problems,check to previous pages,i posted.
now i am waiting for replacment statue,cause the freaking out distributors told us to send only the replacment parts.tartds

i had over 12 serious problems,check to previous pages,i posted.
now i am waiting for replacment statue,cause the freaking out distributors told us to send only the replacment parts.tartds

Yeah, with that many issues, full replacement would've been the way to go.

Heck I'm surprised that, with that many problems you're willing to give the statue another go.

I just received mine today and the same exact thing. The tank on the left arm was broken clean off and it was wrapped. His main gun was also broken. I held off so long on this because I had a bad feeling I was not going to be one of the lucky ones. I also received Megatron today as well. Thankfully the only issue was the wing in his chest was broken. I got this directly from Sideshow so I really hope I can just get replacement parts.

-Gary

I have this on flex and all of these problems should not happen . It worries me as other collectors are waiting as well Why is this happening ? I had to cancel the Sideshow IP because of poor paint apps , also the MK 42 , didn't want to take a chance (bad paint apps?) It's sad but if these problems persist I'm done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When your dealing with super detailed pieces, breakage is inevitable. I see Megs and OP are going for well under retail now. I knew that was gonna happen.

Came home today to find some replacement parts shipped from SS waiting for me. I got as far as removing the inner box. It's numbered 364/500. I hope they survived the shipping but I'm not getting my hopes up :rotfl

FedEx. Need I say more

image.jpg

That really sucks, I have contact prime 1 and they said they don't have replacement, bs I call , es of 2500 and no replacement ?

So you ordered yours directly thru Prime 1 ?

Nope from ss, but ss don't give replacement anymore, offered $100 for 5 broken parts, so I email prime 1 and asked, the same thing as sideshow said, no more replacement from their factory!

Back