Statue Prime 1 Studio - Optimus Prime

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well a Devastator in the same scale as Grimlock wouldn't be bad.
Design wise, it could be better. But it'd be so imposing!

As for Jazz....that's a weird choice.
I figured Ratchet would have been next seeing as how he's in all the movies. I guess they might even make Jolt, though I must say I'd prefer the RC twins.

So Prime1 is doing a dead autobot member like Jazz, is this telling me that they will do all living autobots? Ironhide is confirmed, guess Ratchet is a go too. new members from RotF? and DotM?

So Prime1 is doing a dead autobot member like Jazz, is this telling me that they will do all living autobots? Ironhide is confirmed, guess Ratchet is a go too. new members from RotF? and DotM?

The 5 robots that debut this franchise were very iconic. Even if most of the characters have already died along the way and Prime and bumblebee are the only ones remaining i think its still awesome to do a tribute to those 5. And i think thats where Prime 1 is heading rightnow. Or at least is trying to do. I already have prime and im expecting bumblebee soon. If they say ratchet is a go then definitely i will get this one and ironhide as well to complete the original members.

Hey guys, finally got round to taking some pics of the big guy and all i can say is :thud: it is rediculously amazing inhand! and it really needed to be after the amount of money it cost! :gah:

e4d6669b215a295c28e401969d8d2341.jpg

bba0d765e764e1cbab108eb491d80a3d.jpg

Please feel free to check out more pics on my display thread by clicking on the link below aswell as a short review too :)

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...-prime-1-studio-optimus-prime-statue-732.html

Just curious, but can someone confirm that when the piece is put together, that the head (and therefore maybe the body) is at a slight tilt/angle?

Because I have a shelf 5mm directly above mine (otherwise I doubt I would have noticed it) and it seems to be tilting very slightly down to the left.

Just curious, but can someone confirm that when the piece is put together, that the head (and therefore maybe the body) is at a slight tilt/angle?

Because I have a shelf 5mm directly above mine (otherwise I doubt I would have noticed it) and it seems to be tilting very slightly down to the left.

Yes mine did the same thing. The peg is a bit wobbly. I wrapped the peg with a piece of balloon and insert to give it a snug fit.

The same parts on the gun broke on mine (Post #3285). I sent in 3 very clear pictures of the gun and I get this response: "Unfortunately, it is hard to tell which gun is damaged in the pictures you provided. If you could please provide a full picture of the damaged gun, it will greatly assist us in the handling of your inquiry."

Does Sideshow do this **** to mess with you? Obviously the guns look very different in any angle, there is no possible way to think one is the other. I really am getting fed up with their pompous attitude towards collectors. God I hope they replace this fast so I can stop dealing with these morons. Ahh, I feel better now.

The same parts on the gun broke on mine (Post #3285). I sent in 3 very clear pictures of the gun and I get this response: "Unfortunately, it is hard to tell which gun is damaged in the pictures you provided. If you could please provide a full picture of the damaged gun, it will greatly assist us in the handling of your inquiry."

Does Sideshow do this **** to mess with you? Obviously the guns look very different in any angle, there is no possible way to think one is the other. I really am getting fed up with their pompous attitude towards collectors. God I hope they replace this fast so I can stop dealing with these morons. Ahh, I feel better now.

You're lucky. My Optimus is a mess. Sideshow offered me a $100 in-house credit for a badly painted eye on the battle masked head and a 1" diameter unsanded patch on the middle of the base. I decided to accept this stupid offer unrealized an even bigger issue will occur. I had a custom pedestal and acrylic cover made for this statue and when it arrived last week, I decided to place Optimus without the base on the pedestal. It did not stand safely and very wobbly about to fall over. I checked what the hell is going on and realized the left feet/toes are uneven and wonky, only 2 toes are touching the surface and heal part has one side a lot higher the other. Comparing my Optimus left feet with other people's statue, mine's definitely defected. So, I a got call from Sideshow that they will not offer me a exchange or refund because I have accepted their initial offer for the eye and base inquiry and my case is closed unrealized there's a problem with the left feet also. The rep. told me the statue is NOT/CAN NOt stand freely on without the base. I just laughed, told him many people had display it with freely and even Kira, a Prime 1 representative on Statueforum.com said it could after a question about this. He insisted it can not stand freely and now need a few days to do some research on this. I had this statue for less than 2 weeks. I told him to ask Prime 1 and check posted pictures. Oh yeah, I email these problems this to Prime 1 too.

Here are some of these pics with these defects:
Lockdown111's Library | Photobucket

Is this worth the extra $700 over the OP Knight Edition? Why the huge price difference considering they are just the same size?

Back