Statue Prime 1 Studio - Optimus Prime

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I now have some of life's big events to pay for Andy so the statues are going to have to go on the back burner for now :( Optimus will be my last for a while. I would love Bee and iron hide but I just cannot justify the money atm. But what a way to semi retire with Optimus prime :rock I say semi retire as I don't think you can ever fully escape this dangerous game :gah: haha!

Sorry to hear that Ben and hope that everything is okay buddy :) Sometimes its very easy...and i mean very easy, to get carried away in our hobby as it's in our nature to always want more, especially as new pieces are introduced that we've been waiting for :(

:lol when you say permission from the boss you mean the wife right?! :lol

awesome bro! I cant wait to see your mancave up and operational :rock

and what is this grail piece your getting? :panic: only reason i ask is cos i did the same myself recently. As a late starter to this hobby and a big fan of old school sideshow pieces, i've managed to pretty much buy all the classics which i wanted....apart from one! ;) Well that's all changed now :rock Its a great feeling to finally track one down and to have it in your collection :)

Late reply I know but yes my wife is the boss haha! I don't want to jinx it as the deal is no certainty but it is a Master Replicas item I have chased for many, many years :wink1:.

:exactly: Absolutely mental and scalpers don't help either they are killing the hobby, makes me sick that they can buy a HT's figure cheap and then flog it on flea bay for idiotic prices. I was looking to buy the IM stealth figure until I saw what the scalpers were charging for it, there is a limit and they were way over that and then some.

Yeah mate I absolutely agree. Really annoys me that this happens. Crazy prices sometimes up to $500 AUD per figure! I would never pay that regardless of what figure it was but it still makes me laugh when some people praise a particular seller because he dealt outside of fleabay and was "generous" enough to give them a $20 discount :lol.

Late reply I know but yes my wife is the boss haha! I don't want to jinx it as the deal is no certainty but it is a Master Replicas item I have chased for many, many years :wink1:.

:lol :lol where did you go?! ;) now worries bro :)

Awesome...well if its Master Replicas then i have a few guesses what it could be ;) Falcon? AT-AT? SE/LE Lightsaber? Well whatever it is, massive congrats! I recieved my all time grail recently and theirs no better feeling than we you finally have it at home with you and no more looking at pics from other peoples collections :lol :lol

Somethings are best kept away from the wife...i swear if she knew what i really paid for some of these collectibles then i'd be talking in a very squeaky voice by now! :lol :lol

Sorry to hear that Ben and hope that everything is okay buddy :) Sometimes its very easy...and i mean very easy, to get carried away in our hobby as it's in our nature to always want more, especially as new pieces are introduced that we've been waiting for :(

Exactly, I will no doubt get sucked back in at some point lol. Yeah am all good as fortunately they are good/happy things but they just require a lot of money lol. Can't wait for optimus to land now, was just looking back at the various pics of him - gonna be a beast in person :rock: Optimus is my mrs favourite movie character, she hates all of my other statues but even she is psyched for this one haha!

Am sooo jealous of you guys getting your shipping notices now, my last flex is 25th may but I can't pay it before then as am on a stag doo which is gonna eat up all of my money this month haha!

Picking this up tomorrow :panic: I can't wait. I am hoping everything is ok as I need something to get me back in the mood as lately I have gone off collecting statues.

Will do Jay. I may even use my good camera instead of my iPad as I think he deserves it [emoji38]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OK he is in the house. Haven't had much time to take pics as it took a while to set him up and I now have to go out but here are some crap iPad pics. Only one broken part on the foot which was fixed with the supplied glue and it is not in a place you can see it luckily, apart from that he is awesome. Only pain was trying to get the Pistons on between the arms and torso and inserting the batteries in the body as it is a tight fit between his crotch.

Gun is too heavy to put on and so is the shield so I used the axe and fist for now but I will get some stands to put the other parts on as its a shame to keep them in the box.

View attachment 182558

View attachment 182559

View attachment 182560

View attachment 182561

View attachment 182562

Also picked up the IM Mark VII LSB but haven't had a chance to unpack it yet so it's been an expensive day.

great pics!

unfortunately SS would not let me flex my order so I had to cancel this. But they did switch my NRD to another order. I will have to settle for a regular down the road...and hopefully when the Canadian dollar is stronger.

great pics!

unfortunately SS would not let me flex my order so I had to cancel this. But they did switch my NRD to another order. I will have to settle for a regular down the road...and hopefully when the Canadian dollar is stronger.

Sorry to hear that. I think with the ES these will be around for a while. My LCS was good enough to sell me this for the PO price as it had gone up by 400 euros when it came in stock because of the strong U.S. Dollar. Hope you can get one down the road as it definitely is awesome although a bit overpriced.

Customs sucks and exchange rate is even worse.

Still looking for some help for someone to give me ; width and depth of Optimus with gun without base.

Did you knock it etc when it fell? As that's happened to me a couple of times when I was adjusting the statue etc. But I was lucky nothing 'really' broke.

I've actually used thread and wound it a few times around the handle/grip and the arm from the rear (can't really see the thread at all) for both the gun and axe.

Because of where I positioned the statue in the room it's very easy for me to knock the statue as I walk by. Magnets are quite strong but it can only take so much of a jolt. Better safe than sorry.

Did you knock it etc when it fell? As that's happened to me a couple of times when I was adjusting the statue etc. But I was lucky nothing 'really' broke.

I've actually used thread and wound it a few times around the handle/grip and the arm from the rear (can't really see the thread at all) for both the gun and axe.

Because of where I positioned the statue in the room it's very easy for me to knock the statue as I walk by. Magnets are quite strong but it can only take so much of a jolt. Better safe than sorry.

Yeah, it happened when I put something on the table it was sitting on and the vibration must have been enough to pop it out. I thought the magnets were pretty strong but obviously not designed to take any knocks. It's a lesson learned and I have removed any parts that can fall off until it is safely in its final resting place.

Back