Statue Prime 1 Studio - Optimus Prime

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Argh.... Two problems so far....

One. Noticed that the I have 2 different edition numbers on my boxes.

Two. The plug for the right hand came off and is stuck in the arm. Which means no other hand can go in. Its wedged all the way in with no give/leverage to pull the plug out! As the plug is metal/iron, and the hole(surrounding piece) in the arm is the magnet I believe.
I also have 2 different numbers. Apparently it's random from sideshow to Australia. Bummer about the arm.

Hope you get the arm sorted dude. Strange with the random edition numbers

I was able to remove the metal plug from the arm by attaching a stick via an adhesive, and when it had bonded I was able to pull it out very slowly. Surprised that it actually worked. I've since glued the metal plug back into its proper hand.

But because of the above problem, I'm really scared about leaving the shield on.

This piece is amazing. Mine came in with no problems. Sorry to hear that you are having a few issues Phoenixblazes. I hope you get them all resolved. The detail on this piece is awesome. Way more intricate then Megatron. The only small issue I have is with the base. His base is perfect, the issues is more that Megatrons base is too tall and when displayed next to each other they don't start off at the same height. I really wish they made Primes base taller to match the base that is already out there. But I have plan to raise his base and make them the same. I'm really glad I was able to add this piece to my collection. The price tag is heavy but they know we will pay it for prime.

I'm more or less happy with the piece at the moment. And the little issues I have with it, I'll either live with it or fix it and it'll soon be recognised as my so called grail piece in my collection.

A couple more issues that I have/had was that one of those two small shoulder attachments wouldn't fit in the right shoulder. Length or angle was wrong. Curious but are the parts supposed to be the same length? as mine were different (not a major biggie; heck I noticed in Optibotimus' review that he didn't even bother putting them in). And the other was that I had very slight decal peel on the top side barely worth mentioning, which I'll fix up with some decal adhesive that I have once the sun is up.

Just a tip for anyone yet to get this piece. Try not to rotate the hands too much as it's possible that it could snap, and be careful when removing any arms/legs,because as mentioned above the piece is quite intricate, with many pieces that could get in the way and snap off if you take off an arm at the wrong angle/position. I would also advise being extremely careful when handling the torso, as those doors on the front look and feel like they could come off at any time if even a little pressure is applied at the wrong time.

Two small shoulder attachment came with different length, i dont remember which one is longer but you can do trial and error for that. And mine fits perfectly.

I think its better for you to use them as they make both hands tight and stronger especially if you want to use those heavy big gun and the shield. You can feel the different when you use it

I'm more or less happy with the piece at the moment. And the little issues I have with it, I'll either live with it or fix it and it'll soon be recognised as my so called grail piece in my collection.

A couple more issues that I have/had was that one of those two small shoulder attachments wouldn't fit in the right shoulder. Length or angle was wrong. Curious but are the parts supposed to be the same length? as mine were different (not a major biggie; heck I noticed in Optibotimus' review that he didn't even bother putting them in). And the other was that I had very slight decal peel on the top side barely worth mentioning, which I'll fix up with some decal adhesive that I have once the sun is up.

Just a tip for anyone yet to get this piece. Try not to rotate the hands too much as it's possible that it could snap, and be careful when removing any arms/legs,because as mentioned above the piece is quite intricate, with many pieces that could get in the way and snap off if you take off an arm at the wrong angle/position. I would also advise being extremely careful when handling the torso, as those doors on the front look and feel like they could come off at any time if even a little pressure is applied at the wrong time.

Just get your replacement, I have like 5 parts fall off and sideshow already sent me the replacement.

Just get your replacement, I have like 5 parts fall off and sideshow already sent me the replacement.

Too much trouble to get a replacement for the small issues that I have (only because I managed to fixed my hand issue).

I didn't purchase from sideshow, as I imagined it would now cost me around $700-800 Australian more to get it through SS with current exchange rates and international delivery. Forgot, but also customs duty and GST which will add another $300 to ???

And the last time I got a piece from Popcultcha that I had a problem with, they asked me to return the entire box/package rather then just the problem piece. And in this case repackaging (safely) and returning the whole box (even if they didn't want the base box) would be as I said too much of a hassle.

Two small shoulder attachment came with different length, i dont remember which one is longer but you can do trial and error for that. And mine fits perfectly.

I think its better for you to use them as they make both hands tight and stronger especially if you want to use those heavy big gun and the shield. You can feel the different when you use it

I'll give it a go.

Too much trouble to get a replacement for the small issues that I have (only because I managed to fixed my hand issue).

I didn't purchase from sideshow, as I imagined it would now cost me around $700-800 Australian more to get it through SS with current exchange rates and international delivery.

And the last time I got a piece from Popcultcha that I had a problem with, they asked me to return the entire box/package rather then just the problem piece. And in this case repackaging (safely) and returning the whole box (even if they didn't want the base box) would be as I said too much of a hassle.

But doesn't your retailer order from sideshow ? My regular was order thro sideshow and with no question I got my replacement and don't have to ship it back, I am use it as back up piece since they are too fragile .

I know how Sideshow sort of works and I assume they get it from Sideshow. But that doesn't always work for resellers here.

My previous experience was simply a broken arm on a Hot Toys, but rather then shipping just the arm, they requested the full package to be received, inspected and a new box to be posted to me. Turnaround was a couple of weeks. Asked if they could just ship a replacent part (of which I supplied pictures of the broken piece) as I had done with another but more expensive retailer here (for a replacement chest plate on a 1/6 Iron Man Mark 6 bust) and they wouldn't do it. Said that was not how they handled these issues.

But as I said above, I pretty much fixed all my issues myself.

But just knowing the hand plugs 'can' come off makes me hesitant when attaching the heavier weapons. Then again I never was going to use the shield.

I know how Sideshow sort of works and I assume they get it from Sideshow. But that doesn't always work for resellers here.

My previous experience was simply a broken arm on a Hot Toys, but rather then shipping just the arm, they requested the full package to be received, inspected and a new box to be posted to me. Turnaround was a couple of weeks. Asked if they could just ship a replacent part (of which I supplied pictures of the broken piece) as I had done with another but more expensive retailer here (for a replacement chest plate on a 1/6 Iron Man Mark 6 bust) and they wouldn't do it. Said that was not how they handled these issues.

That sucks, it's too risk then, sideshow have always shipping statue with issue on my side, I can't image how you handle the broken statue or any issue.

Can anyone be kind enough to get me the size measurements for Optimus without base. Height, width and depth with the Shotgun and Shied. It would be greatly appreciated :)

Hi nextlevel, do you know if there is new items showing in KOTOBUKIYA AKIHABARA KAN exhibition today?

Hi nextlevel, do you know if there is new items showing in KOTOBUKIYA AKIHABARA KAN exhibition today?

I will go tomorrow got contact that Galvatron was not ready to be show.
Should be tomorrow very excite to see it.

Pretty much Prime1 are shifting to DC comics line :(

I will go tomorrow got contact that Galvatron was not ready to be show.
Should be tomorrow very excite to see it.

Pretty much Prime1 are shifting to DC comics line :(
pity, I only interest on their transformers stuff.

Back