Statue Prime 1 Studio - Optimus Prime

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am about 75 percent about to cancel this piece,when I saw it previewed I was like most and was very impressed,however after a few things taken place I am seriously reconsidering ordering anymore of there pieces.I ordered Megatron from Sideshow and was very happy with it,even though there were some qc issues,but there fake sell out really had me rethinking that even with the lowest edition size in the series this piece is still available through them,and we all saw a couple others score some real good deals on the secondary market.Then came Prime and I was like cool this piece is sweet but then the edition size was announced and I was like wow that is quite a bit of OP,2000 regulars and an ex of 500 which doesn't have that big of a difference from the regular version got me thinking.Then I seen what the es was for Grimlock and OP at 1750 which is just comical to me,along with the TBD for the regular Grimlock which is all the info I need to know that is becoming a bad sign.I mean if they cant even sell out the famous leader of the decepticons with the lowest es,how the hell are they gonna sell the others with a lot more edition sizes.These pieces aren't selling that well overseas either if sideshow can keep restocking them,even Sideshow doesn't make 2000 pieces for there 2K pieces...I will lose my nrd and that's fine

seems high for people ...all I know Megatron is pretty hard to get in asia SS stock is only for them from what i heard.. will not be available in asia... I spoke Prime1 why big Edition Size.. they sold a lot especially in China. I mean a lot people have no idea.

I hope this clear thing up. China is big market for Transformers.

seems high for people ...all I know Megatron is pretty hard to get in asia SS stock is only for them from what i heard.. will not be available in asia... I spoke Prime1 why big Edition Size.. they sold a lot especially in China. I mean a lot people have no idea.

I appreciate the info and feedback,and don't get me wrong I do think Megatron is probably hard to get in Asia,especially because Sideshow has delivery restrictions on where they will ship to for this item,and his edition size is fair.But here in North America you can buy one any day you want from Sideshow,and further more can buy one for less than retail on the secondary market.I don't like to compare North America or even Europe versus what Asia is doing when it comes to this line because you are right there is a lot of info we simply do not know,but I can only judge what is going on in the western part of the world,and this company imo is making far too many of these items.For these price tags these items need to be more limited,that's just the fact,when you look at other 2k plus items coming from Sideshow,or CM in the past,not sure about the present,no one is coming close to those numbers.If China is buying lots of them,hey that's great,but it doesn't make things any better for collectors living in North America.All I know is my friends and I were all in this for this line,and I can safely say most are cancelling or just opting out simply due to the price and edition sizes.Now I understand why some people would say why are u even thinking about price,or resale value before you even have the item,or before its up for p.o,but from a financial or economic side of things,you are not getting anything rare for your item,and for these price tags you should be imo.When Sideshow made OP,they made 150 EX's and I think 500 regulars,that was perfect,compared to what almost 5 times as many now at twice the price tag,that my friend is what we call a bad investment for those who are paying retail for this,if you don't look into the financial side of things for items this costly,thats a great way to become poor.These items come in two or three large boxes so shipping this from one to another privately is gonna be astronomical in costs,so already there you have another problem when someone can just pay something far less and buy from a big company that has many of them in stock.It doesn't bother me the least losing my NRD because I know when it comes to high end pieces you are already in a small group of collectors,most of them are looking for two things...quality and rarity.P1 has 1 out of the two on the checklist,but the latter is somewhat more important

:goodpost:

Yea I understand your feeling, but people should know Transformers Statues are not easy to make... production cost are very high... They need to get maximum profit as they can.. if they make 150EX and 500 regular how they can survive?? way to low from what i remember they took 2 years to develop it thats a lot of time effort.

Anyway this your decision.

i really don't get it, why are we discussing about if this statue will depreciate in value and not? are you guys collecting cos you will just sell it in the near future? i thought collecting this this kind of piece is b'cos you're a collector and it's your passion and not another cheap resellers?

i really don't get it, why are we discussing about if this statue will depreciate in value and not? are you guys collecting cos you will just sell it in the near future? i thought collecting this this kind of piece is b'cos you're a collector and it's your passion and not another cheap resellers?

Because when you collect this hobby you need to spend a lot money, not everyone make $100k every year, and when you are not rich and buying statue over 100 pieces, you have to selling some to get some, and when you sell you don't want to lose money, got it ?

I have 2 SS Optimus prime, one exclusive brand new never open.. Due the space issue. I have hard time to sell nobody want it... Even at low edition size nobody care for it. They just don't like it.. Even half price.. Still stock on my warehouse until now :(

Anyway I just received my 2nd Optimus prime for custom purpose will do rusty version from AOE.

I have 2 SS Optimus prime, one exclusive brand new never open.. Due the space issue. I have hard time to sell nobody want it... Even at low edition size nobody care for it. They just don't like it.. Even half price.. Still stock on my warehouse until now :(

Anyway I just received my 2nd Optimus prime for custom purpose will do rusty version from AOE.

See that is what I was worry about....

:goodpost:

Yea I understand your feeling, but people should know Transformers Statues are not easy to make... production cost are very high... They need to get maximum profit as they can.. if they make 150EX and 500 regular how they can survive?? way to low from what i remember they took 2 years to develop it thats a lot of time effort.

Anyway this your decision.

Again I am grateful for your imput and I do agree that these TF's simply cannot be cheap to make between costs of production,licenses and generating profits for the company,you are absolutely correct how can these companies survive without making the most for them from a business point of view,and believe me I want them to make money,there work is top notch,however there also needs to be a common ground between companies and collectors so that both are happy.I just don't understand how the edition sizes grew that large from Megatron to Prime (which is a little more understandable because of his popularity) but in that case they really need to separate a lot more between regular versions and exclusives imo besides a small shotgun.I still love this companies work,even though there proto's paintjob imo is better than there production pieces which imo it shouldn't be for these prices,but I have been in this hobby for over 15 years and when you start to make thousands and thousands of 2k or 3k pieces you are really don't understand your customers needs and wants.I ordered Prime EX the day it went on sale at Sideshow and was "technically sold out in a day" but then I kept seeing posts of people jumping on the waitlist and having conversion after conversion,that was a bit surprising to see.Anyways I have said enough about this topic,thank you for engaging with me in this conversation

When you have been in the hobby for a long time and use older pieces to fund new ones you start to learn the do's and do not's of the hobby,ya I love the piece,but I also love the money I work damn hard for too,so there has to be an understanding between the company and the collector to insure me I wont have big losses should I decide to sell a piece one day down the road.A company is going to want to make as much profit as possible,and I both respect that and understand that,however I am not the company,i am the customer and there needs and wants are different from mine.I don't need to make money on any of my statues,but I cant stand for big losses either,but that's just my thoughts

Because when you collect this hobby you need to spend a lot money, not everyone make $100k every year, and when you are not rich and buying statue over 100 pieces, you have to selling some to get some, and when you sell you don't want to lose money, got it ?

Bingo

See that is what I was worry about....

Exactly,you know what your brain is thinking is the truth

China is a big market for everything now days

Just spoke to Prime1 Why Edition went up from Megatron.. They told China market actually want more Megatron stock but couldnt... sold out overthere pretty much people are angry about it..they bought Optimus but want Megatron also but couldnt get it. They just want everybody to have the chance to get.

I don't against it at all.

Just spoke to Prime1 Why Edition went up from Megatron.. They told China market actually want more Megatron stock but couldnt... sold out overthere pretty much people are angry about it..they bought Optimus but want Megatron also but couldnt get it. They just want everybody to have the chance to get.

I don't against it at all.
they lie...... I can't even sell the optimas with retail!!!!!!! who the **** want megatron without prime?

they lie...... I can't even sell the optimas with retail!!!!!!! who the **** want megatron without prime?

Then you should move to China then see by yourself.. I know them pretty well... pretty rude.. just let you know i check your collection all i can say am not impress at all.

I think price hype might die down a bit with these statues, with so many statues out there now! It's going to be hard to sell on the second market now with so much competition.

Back